Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 10:19 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,022,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I'm not so certain that Obama would care to be taxed in that fashion ..
heck we can give the messiah a pass but just look at all the bread we could fleece of his blind followers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 10:25 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,507,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
I assure you conservatives are at the forefront of obesity.
you can assure all you want. proof is woefully lacking.

believing you can tax the populace into healthy living is idiocy only a liberal could dream up

Old 06-16-2009, 10:38 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Should we tax fat people?
Fat people already pay taxes. You are talking a fat tax, ie a medical risk tax. But wouldn't that open the door for a tax on gays (AIDS) and women (pregnancy) and smokers (cancer) and blondes (joke!)?

The scary thing about gov't controlled health care is that the things you speak become quit fathomable.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:45 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,298,410 times
Most fat people are on welfare or SSI because they eat to much and do no work.

So if they are on welfare or SSI how can be tax them?

They do not pay taxes to begin with?

With 50%+ of all American not paying taxes we need to tax everyone who is able to work. Put them on a chain gang to clean our streets, government buildings, our gutters and sewer lines, pick up trash along the roads, give them a weed eater and a mower so they can cut the elderly grass etc etc

Fat people are costing me more money for my health care.

Put them on a diet or cut off the welfare free food program, they will lose weigh real fast if they have to buy their own food with their OWN money.

You do not know how many welfare people I see buying T Bone steaks, ribeyes etc with my money. They shoud be eating cheap hamburger instead and should not be eating T-Bones and Ribeyes.

Tax all people who are costing the rest of us money for their bad habits.
At least the ones who have a job and then find a way to force the lazy butts among us to work for their freebies so we can finally collect some tax money from them.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:49 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,298,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
do tell

Oh yea right, I am waiting also.

Obesity. Ok, then why do you see more broken down beater cars and trucks in line at McDonalds then?

Bet most of them are Obama robots using their last dime to get a big mac before their food stamp card gets some more free money put on it.

That would be like me saying that liberals love to see unhealthy and sick people because that way the normal lib would be happy because then once someone is in need of help and weak the libs can control them like little robots. Its a normal liberal mindset, make them weak and they will have to beg for help.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:50 PM

258 posts, read 443,063 times
Tax foods that lead to fatness maybe!!! Like we do cigarettes and alchohol.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:57 PM

Location: Upstate NY for now. Hanover, New Hampshire come the fall.
99 posts, read 153,177 times
I read somewhere about a proposal by some greenies to legislate a carbon credit for personal emissions. Basically, it would be like cap and trade. If you have more than one child, for example, you'd pay for credits. They were also proposing a tax on people who are overweight since, according to them, they emit larger amounts of CO2 and consumer larger amounts of resources.

Something tells me that that may be where this whole carbon emissions tax craze may be leading to.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:02 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,840,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I agree. For example sugary soda should be taxed at 50 cents per 16 oz (a can) while the sugar free soda should not be taxed at all. The would mean a 6 pack of sugary Cola would sell for $3 more than the same diet Cola and that $3 should go into healthcare.
yeah, cause those artificial sweeteners are great for you.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:02 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,538,660 times
I think we should tax people who could think up something this stupid.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:07 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,902,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I think we should tax people who could think up something this stupid.
By golly gumbo, you just might be on to something there.

If we taxed all of the folks that voted for Nobama, our recession would be over by next week at 2 oclock ...

Taxing stupid people could actually make us rich ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies