Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 08:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
In the OP Prechter anticipates a 666 S&P by the end of 2010.... that's a conservative guess, makes sense -- it's about where we were before this current rally IIRC.
So your saying its not that bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 08:25 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So your saying its not that bad?
Since this rally since March relied on gross media hype, analysts fudging estimates, artificial govt support, creative accounting and so on -- yes, I think it's not that bad ""

Plus I bought *** yesterday at 4.70, so

Last edited by delusianne; 06-17-2009 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: dont think we're supposed to specify our stock buys.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Since this rally since March relied on gross media hype, analysts fudging estimates, artificial govt support, creative accounting and so on -- yes, I think it's not that bad ""

Plus I bought *** yesterday at 4.70, so
I'm all cash, thanks to my calls I sold getting exercised, portfolio doubled this morning. Where is that "Republicans upset" again.. haha

So now your admitting the stock market rally was due to fudging estimates, government support, creative accounting? I thought you claimed it was due to Obama and his being a genius. I'm pretty sure you made similar claims on other thread about how Obama is saving the country, (and the world) from economic collapse, and now you admit its only due to fuzzy accounting..

Old 06-17-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I'm all cash, thanks to my calls I sold getting exercised, portfolio doubled this morning. Where is that "Republicans upset" again.. haha

So now your admitting the stock market rally was due to fudging estimates, government support, creative accounting? I thought you claimed it was due to Obama and his being a genius. I'm pretty sure you made similar claims on other thread about how Obama is saving the country, (and the world) from economic collapse, and now you admit its only due to fuzzy accounting..
Nope, that was somebody else. I know we all look alike.

The govt support, fuzzy accounting etc absolutely *did* keep the market from sinking further. Obama *was* smart to pump up the financials -- someone else must have said "genius" because it wasnt me, this isnt a new idea. This rally arose; would be great if it caught fire and rewrote the funadamentals; now it might be deflating, some or a lot. I dont care either way, I daytrade.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:55 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
Nope, that was somebody else. I know we all look alike.

The govt support, fuzzy accounting etc absolutely *did* keep the market from sinking further. Obama *was* smart to pump up the financials -- someone else must have said "genius" because it wasnt me, this isnt a new idea. This rally arose; would be great if it caught fire and rewrote the funadamentals; now it might be deflating, some or a lot. I dont care, I daytrade.
So when I go to Vegas in the next couple of months, how much would you like me to put down on black at the roulette wheel?

Yes, yes, I'm sure you have a "system".

Old 06-17-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
So when I go to Vegas in the next couple of months, how much would you like me to put down on black at the roulette wheel.

Yes, yes, I'm sure you have a "system".
? I dont have a system other than common sense. I watch th rumors, the calendar data and the news and what the Big Boys do. Not the system type.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:59 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
? I dont have a system other than common sense. I watch th rumors, the calendar data and the news and what the Big Boys do. Not the system type.
LOL

The best way to become a daytrading millionaire is to start off as a daytrading billionaire.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:00 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
Quote:
I know, I'm such a doom and gloomer, its a shame that news stories are starting to be written about what I've been saying for awhile..
Not to burst your little bubble, but that's not a news story. The only news it reports is that a guy who has never said anything but that things are going to get worse has once again said that things are going to get worse. I have a two-headed quarter that I find just as interesting to play with...

Old 06-17-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Not to burst your little bubble, but that's not a news story. The only news it reports is that a guy who has never said anything but that things are going to get worse has once again said that things are going to get worse. I have a two-headed quarter that I find just as interesting to play with...
Not to burst your bubble, but your posting holds about the same amount of meaning, that you claimed "that guy" in the story holds..

Old 06-17-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
I daytrade.
Technically, if you still hold a stock today that you bought yesterday, your not a daytrader. Minor point, but day traders have to sell their positions by end of day close. (Speculator might be a better term, or even investor)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies