Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 05:56 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

But you do. Your attitude/mentality is very similar to those dealing with the evil of the time.
That's it. I'm done with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 06:03 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Thanks, Senator McCain. Thanks, Congressman Boehner.
why in the world are you under the hilariously mistaken impressions that mccain and boehner a] intervened in iraq, and b] post on the C-D P&OC forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene
Even though obama gave a weak, cautious statement, Iran has accused the US of MORE than that. They would have accused the US regardless of what obama said.
this.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:18 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
As a Jew, I take enormous offense at that allegation.
You're not the only Jew around sweetheart.

Amazing. You know first hand the results of silence & inaction, and the disastrous deadly CONSEQUENCES following: the resulting murder of over 8 million of our people and you still will not confront evil or speak for abject peoples. Sickening.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:26 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post

Amazing. You know first hand the results of silence & inaction, and the disastrous deadly CONSEQUENCES following: the resulting murder of over 8 million of our people and you still will not confront evil or speak for abject peoples. Sickening.
It is funny, people are missing the part where Iranians are fighting and handling themselves pretty damn well. They're not being herded into camps, the administration doesn't even know how to handle the protesters at this point.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:26 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,487 times
Quote:

C'mon evil is relative.. equating the current Iranian Regime with the Hitler regime is nonsensical.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:18 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Once again you show that the situation is about the US and not about Iran. Thanks.

Stop pulling the BS "give people freedom line" unless you actually mean it.
I can't seem to find the smiley that shows my hand going over your head....

Old 06-17-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
Ummm, so now people accusing America of meddling is equal to America intervening...

It is staggering how some people will suspend their common sense in order to be able to blame America for things it never it did. In all honesty, if you think America is always wrong, move to Canada, the UK, anywhere in Europe, you will probably be well liked there, but there is no room in my country for people rooting for it's downfall.

But we should be intervening in Iran. We should have killed their fundamentalist leader and given women, and non-Muslims (Christians, Jews, etc) the chance to experience true freedom.
To me it seems like those people that see someone in a store get shot and they go on about their business or just leave the store. In either situation they never make a call or a cry for help...

Old 06-17-2009, 07:22 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:

Then honeybunch, you of all people ought to be even more ashamed of yourself.

There is NOT SILENCE and INACTION regarding the Iran protests. No one is IGNORING what's happening. And what's happening is so bloody different from what Hitler did that drawing a comparison makes you look twisted.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Yes yes they aren't playing by the rules... though i question the authors of the rules. Tell me has Israel? Why does Israel have them and how'd they get em?
I guess I'd be more worried about Israel if they were crying to the death of an entire people or state. We all know the intentions of Iran once it gets nukes. Their economic situation is akin to the soviet union's in the 80's. If oil goes back up their nuclear dream will come even faster.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Which fundamentalist leader... there are so many of them. Lay out your brilliant magical wand strategy for Iran that will free the people and reaffirm the U.S as the beacon of power, domocracy and ideals in this terrible world. God knows the U.S has an endless financial supply and troops to spare willing to become entangled in another foreign country. I'm sure you've signed up before even a draft!
That's for the people of Iran to do. I stand behind the people of Iran not the oppressive regime that dismisses gays and even kills them. Murders women for being raped and allows mercy killings. Revolutions can end good or bad, no one knows which way but the chances are better now then they were back then. If you haven't noticed the pursuit of education for the young there has been on a dramatic rise. The last regime was still able to use the lack of education to control people. I don't think they could do the same now.

What do the Iranian people have to lose with hearing we back them? What does the rest of the world stand to gain for backing the Iranian people? And yes what do we have to gain for backing the people? Freedom from this nuclear pursuit, at least for a little while longer. The leader of the free world is still the President of the United States. Our economy is the size of the European union.... at least for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies