Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 04:13 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
He's just testing the waters. Seeing what he can get away with. He may be a coward, but he's not stupid.
Coward? Sorry last time I checked Obama is not Republican...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 04:15 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
OK, I have really been trying to not think negatively of Obama as a person (I do disagree with his policies and actions) but he sure is pushing it.

You are kidding me, right? Umm, has he ever watched political coverage in the years he has been alive? What does he expect?
That's what narcissism is...

Quote:
DSM-IV criteria:
(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
(4) requires excessive admiration
(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
Just needs 5 to be official... No coincidence that the first 5 fit him to a T. Of course 1 or 2 of the others is a stretch.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:17 PM

958 posts, read 1,106,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
President Barack Obama, in an interview with CNBC’s John Harwood, acknowledged what he called "generally positive" coverage in the first six months of his administration, but took the opportunity to take a swing at FOX News.

Obama Slams FOX for Being 'Devoted to Attacking My Administration' - Jeffery Pijanowski - Open Salon (http://open.salon.com/blog/newscycle/2009/06/16/obama_slams_fox_for_being_devoted_to_attacking_my_ administration - broken link)
Seems like the Bammy wants to silence all free speach that does not agree with his Commie way of the new america

Old 06-17-2009, 04:20 PM

195 posts, read 127,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
"You’d be hard pressed if you watched the entire day to find a positive story about me on that front,” Obama said.

Who says it is the media's job to prop up an administration with positive stories anyway? The news media's job is to be distrustful of power, to hold it's feet to the fire, analyze and offer scrutiny, not write glowing puff pieces or wax on about near orgasmic thrills running up their legs when the people in power speak.

President Reagan had all the TV news networks and most all of the large newspapers and magazines against him, and he was elected in two landslides, 0bama complains about one news network whose political opinion, commentators hold his feet to the fire, 0bama is a whinny little punk.
Are you kidding me, Obama whinning, he wouldn't dare steal from the GOP's play book... When Obama made the comment he actually chuckled...

Old 06-17-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
Seems like the Bammy wants to silence all free speach that does not agree with his Commie way of the new america
Couple that with the bypassing of the checks and balances with Czars that apparently don't even need to respond to anyone and you are seeing 200 years of work being destroyed right in front of your face. This mixture of corporations and politics has never been a good one and liberals seem to be lock, stock and barrel with it. When it was just Halliburton that's all they could talk about. When it was a bridge to nowhere that's all they could write about. When it was the firing of lawyers that's all they could dream of.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
And you're getting pretty tired with yours. Why should I care how many times he's "referred to" Fox News (whatever that means)? I was responding to your absurd claim that he does not show up no matter how often he's asked, "over and over and over". I posted 2 links where he participated in interviews on Fox News. You're wrong. Get over it.
How's that liberal state of yours doing?

Old 06-17-2009, 04:27 PM

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Quote:
The need for such self-scrutiny should be all the more apparent in light of the president's complaint Tuesday about one media outlet (read: Fox News) "attacking" his administration. I am no less troubled than I ever was about the way Fox and MSNBC have turned all-news into all-partisan opinion TV in prime time, but thank goodness at least one TV outlet, Fox, is questioning Team Obama as it pushes for the kind of massive change in American life not seen since the era of Franklin Roosevelt....

On the other hand, if Fox News is our last, best TV watchdog on the White House, then the TV press, as well as media critics like me, should be profoundly embarassed, and vow to start doing a better job -- immediately.
Z on TV: Time for TV press to quit being used by Obama - Sun critic David Zurawik writes about the business, culture and craziness of television - baltimoresun.com

I'm done here and I leave with probably the most disgusting disappointment I have ever had with anything American.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 06-17-2009 at 04:37 PM..

Old 06-17-2009, 04:30 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Couple that with the bypassing of the checks and balances with Czars that apparently don't even need to respond to anyone and you are seeing 200 years of work being destroyed right in front of your face. This mixture of corporations and politics has never been a good one and liberals seem to be lock, stock and barrel with it. When it was just Halliburton that's all they could talk about. When it was a bridge to nowhere that's all they could write about. When it was the firing of lawyers that's all they could dream of.
I know regulators are a foreign word to the GOP. Oh, by the way with your trickle down ideologies, thank you so much for wrecking our economy...

Old 06-17-2009, 04:30 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Awww, bye, BigJon. We won't miss you.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:34 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

"This mixture of corporations and politics has never been a good one..."
Should have listened to Ike & JFK..we wouldn't be in this mess today.

YouTube - Eisenhower warns us of the military industrial complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies