Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you take Glenn Beck seriously?
Yes 71 44.94%
No 87 55.06%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 04:51 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,384,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
What should be asked is should anyone take you seriously because he did not say anything close to what you stated. Glen Beck did not say America hates obama.

You can like or not like Beck without the lies or misrepresentations.

Liberals
To be anyting less than an Obama cheerleader
makes you an Obama hater. They have been
blinded by love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 05:05 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,196 times
He's sickening.

Makes me want to puke, and I don't give a damn if he criticizes every party in existence, the man is a creepy weirdo. Some peoples' psychosis transcends party lines, and a few other things, too.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:09 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Haven't watched his show, partly because I avoid the commentary shows--I think they're all BS, myself. But he's the only guy I haven't sat through yet.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:04 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Beck is on a level with Olbermann and Maddow, just a ridiculous shill who aims for the lowest common denominator of the base. Yeah, he's a little more entertaining than those two lightweights on MSNBC but only because he has better material to work with.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:16 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I just watched a 5 minute rant of his about how "we the people are going to rebel against the Obama administration and how the majority of America hates Obama" and he has to be the most delusional, ignorant, hot bag of wind I've ever seen. He makes Rush Limbaugh seem informed. Then he has the audacity to emphasize that he's nonpartisan. And I began to think, even if I were a conservative, would I take this guy seriously?
I watch Glenn Beck every day and never heard him say how America hates Obama...but even though I'm not affiliated with the Glenn Beck show, I'd like to take this moment to thank you for contributing to his stellar ratings.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:46 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I just watched a 5 minute rant of his about how "we the people are going to rebel against the Obama administration and how the majority of America hates Obama" and he has to be the most delusional, ignorant, hot bag of wind I've ever seen. He makes Rush Limbaugh seem informed. Then he has the audacity to emphasize that he's nonpartisan. And I began to think, even if I were a conservative, would I take this guy seriously?

He reminds me of Vinny the Sham-wow guy.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:48 AM

323 posts, read 502,812 times
Very seriously, he's a voice of reason—though admittedly a very melodramatic one.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:55 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
I used to watch him when he was still politically neutral during the Bush years. But he lost it last year during the campaign when Huckabee questioned Romney's Mormon faith. It hit Beck like a sledge hammer because he is a Mormon himself, and he took it as a personal insult. I don't know if that had anything to do with his political shift, but that is the same time when it happened. I have not heard anything by partisan BS from him ever since. Maybe that was the same time when he signed the contract with FOX, and was told to go on full attack against Dems.

He makes his money on saying things that a certain segment of the population want to hear. He is in the same boat with Maher, Limbaugh, Savage, Hannity and FOX. Of course Maher is on the other side of the isle, but is still on the same boat in the sense that he spews misinformation for living, just like the others.

Thumbs down.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:33 AM

551 posts, read 855,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
No. I do not. I do not take Beck, O'reilly, Hannity, Olbermann, or Madow seriously.
But he does take Chris Matthews and Stephen Colbert seriously!!

Old 06-18-2009, 07:38 AM

551 posts, read 855,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I don't take Beck seriously but unfortunately a lot of Republican RW fundie conspiracy theorist fascists do...
Luckily, all the Democrat LW fundie conspiracy theorist fascists don't! Ain't America great!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies