Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you take Glenn Beck seriously?
Yes 71 44.94%
No 87 55.06%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 09:42 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I thought it was funny when O'Reilly had to explain the definition of the word "populist" to Beck - he didn't even know what he is.

Problem with Beck is that, frankly, he's not very educated (either he only graduated high school or dropped out early to pursue a career as a radio DJ) and not smart enough to compensate for his lack of formal education, so his perspectives are rooted primarily in irrational emotion rather than objective analysis. He really doesn't see the big picture on issues.

You're far better off sticking with O'Reilly if you want a more conservative but intelligent / free thinking take on issues.
you made all those assumptions on what I see as you watching 5 min. or so? I would suggest you watch a little more, especially when he talks about "the big issues" he is saying things that have happened. People were calling him a wack job when he was talking about the housing bubble, a good two years before it happened, or the collapse of our banking industry by the big guys, a year before it happened, and well... he even predicted that Obama would win, at the very onset of the presidential run. The guy watches things very carefully, and for that he has been able to sound the alarm before these things happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 12:13 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikMartinsen View Post
Very seriously, he's a voice of reason—though admittedly a very melodramatic one.
Beck is insane.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:37 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
you made all those assumptions on what I see as you watching 5 min. or so? I would suggest you watch a little more, especially when he talks about "the big issues" he is saying things that have happened. People were calling him a wack job when he was talking about the housing bubble, a good two years before it happened, or the collapse of our banking industry by the big guys, a year before it happened, and well... he even predicted that Obama would win, at the very onset of the presidential run. The guy watches things very carefully, and for that he has been able to sound the alarm before these things happened.
I've watched him far more than 5 minutes. Many people saw those incidents coming - people had been talking about the banking / housing collapse for years.

He believes his country - or what he imagines to be his country - is being destroyed because there philosophies in power different from his own. Most amusing is how we had 8 years of conservative rule that sent us into the tank and now he's rallying his populist base around this myth that suddenly the people coming in to fix the chaos are the ones ruining the country.

He's an absurd ideologue.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:29 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I just watched a 5 minute rant of his about how "we the people are going to rebel against the Obama administration and how the majority of America hates Obama" and he has to be the most delusional, ignorant, hot bag of wind I've ever seen. He makes Rush Limbaugh seem informed. Then he has the audacity to emphasize that he's nonpartisan. And I began to think, even if I were a conservative, would I take this guy seriously?
Glenn Beck has never said that "the majority of Americans [hate] Obama" or that "he has to be the most delusional, ignorant, hot bag of wind I've ever seen". Do you have a transcript of the particular show you can cite? Admit it: you just made this up. I listen to Glenn Beck and I watch him on TV. He has never said that.

I think you are a fraud. You made this up.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yes, very seriously.
He is serious, and so are all of the rest of us who see what's going on in this administration.

But Beck has never said what the OP said he did. The OP has made this up.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:35 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Glenn Beck has never said that "the majority of Americans [hate] Obama" or that "he has to be the most delusional, ignorant, hot bag of wind I've ever seen". Do you have a transcript of the particular show you can cite? Admit it: you just made this up. I listen to Glenn Beck and I watch him on TV. He has never said that.

Watch the clip from yesterday

Old 06-18-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Agreed . They're not supposed to be taken seriously. They are entertainers. How is it that some people have lost sight of this ever so obvious reality?

Out of all of them, I personally feel that Beck is the biggest charlatan of all. Of course, that's a tough call. But the fact that they are all selling snake oil should be commonly understood.
The only people selling "snake oil" are Obama, his entire administration, and the Democrats in Congress.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmg1 View Post
But he does take Chris Matthews and Stephen Colbert seriously!!
Of course. Especially since Chris Matthewes once worked for the Democrats.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I've watched him far more than 5 minutes. Many people saw those incidents coming - people had been talking about the banking / housing collapse for years.

He believes his country - or what he imagines to be his country - is being destroyed because there philosophies in power different from his own. Most amusing is how we had 8 years of conservative rule that sent us into the tank and now he's rallying his populist base around this myth that suddenly the people coming in to fix the chaos are the ones ruining the country.

He's an absurd ideologue.
apparently you have NOT watched much of him. He was on the Bush bash wagon many years ago, he WAS trying to get people to listen as to how both party's Fascism (Democrat) and Fascism lite (republican) were bringing us to the same outcome, but at different speeds. He was warning of this years ago, and when people started to ask him what we should do, he went into action.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

He acatually told us to give Obama a chance when the results of the election first came out. Then obama kept on doing the same things as bushie boy did, but at a faster pace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies