Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 07:28 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
So now, Republicans hate blacks KevK??

You are pulling our leg (I hope)

You cannot be serious

How many black Republican congressmen and governors are there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 07:29 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Already answered that for you in another thread

Old 06-17-2009, 07:30 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Thank you I am so glad to see I am not alone in feeling that. I am sitting here crying from reading this.
Cripes, I just read that original OP & I'm bawling like a baby. Sorry, I didn't read it initially because I knew what the thread was about, but dang was that beyond sad. I've always had a special place in my heart for animals, & it seriously destroys me when I hear of this type of thing. I used to work at a vet & also at the humane society & I could not deal w/having animals put down, it's such a waste & so unneeded. After Hurricane Katrina, I sent $50. down to the houston humane society, it was all I could afford but I figured that would be enough to buy some food or toys or whatever else they needed for the influx of abandoned pets they got. There are very few things that all of us can agree on, but I think pets is something that we all can.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:33 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Already answered that for you in another thread

Yeah, and as I remember by giving 3 pathetic examples (2 of them close to or over 100 years old) all you did was make my point...today's GOP, the all white party if you will, is the party of white racism.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:36 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I have a hard time believing that and here is why- most LIBERALS are liberal because they care about others. They generally believe in community rights over individual desires. And because of this, they tend to care about the Earth, the environment, children, old people and animals. It is just a natural extension of being a liberal. No, not in EVERY case and maybe you are correct but it is hard for me to think a PETA supporter would dump an animal. More likely they would try to rescue an animal.
Conservatives also care about people, animals, etc but the fundamental differences between the two ideologies is that liberals blindly view government as the answer to all of life's ills.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Republicans tend to hate women, children, dogs and cats.
Since many republicans are women who are mothers and pet owners, it is safe to say that your assumptions are false.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Ok, this is definitely not a political discussion, nor should it be. There are people of all political persuasion who absolutely adore their pets & would never do anything to hurt them, get rid of them, etc. There are also sick people of all political persuasion who would get rid of their pet w/out a backwards glance. This is NOT a political thing, this is a heart thing. I do not agree w/some of you who have stated that republicans are the ones who get rid of their pets, that's absolute BS.
Thank you Karfar! Finally! Someone with some common sense!

Old 06-17-2009, 07:43 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Why would a thread like this degenerate into partisan politics? Somehow I don't believe that the man who bought the ad was thinking about politics. I believe he was thinking about saving animals. The people on both sides who are trying to make political points don't care about animals. All they care about is riding a worn out hobby horse.

Pound abandonment is a terrible problem. The pound in LA doesn't count the animals. They give the number in tons. Political jabbing does nothing but draw people from the focus of the discussion.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:01 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Non Sequitur

Does not equate to Republicans HATING Blacks.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:01 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Conservatives also care about people, animals, etc but the fundamental differences between the two ideologies is that liberals blindly view government as the answer to all of life's ills.
No we don't. We view government as a PARTNER in the answer to life's ills but we are more than willing and do lend our own hands too. A good example- I am a member of the Telephone Pioneers. Last month we went door to door in neighbourhoods all over the USA with the Urban League to help the elderly get set up for the DTV transition. This was volunteer work and I spent 2 weekends doing it. We helped them order their government coupons for the converters and then came back and helped them install and use the boxes so that they would continue to have TV.
The Government provided the coupons for the boxes. We provided the time and labour to do the work. A pertnership.
Pioneers Home Page

I suspect most of the volunteers at the animal shelter are Democrats. The government provides the shelter, they provide the labour and care. That is what makes us Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies