Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 10:03 AM

134 posts, read 150,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
What else do you expect out of a California Democrat? Coming from a state that polices grocery stores for plastic bag recycling containers (or be fined), do you really expect anything other than idiocy from those folks? California is an embarrassment and is represented by embarassing "leaders".
Hey, you mean taxing your way to prosperity doesn't work? Quick...call ABC..err...I mean the White House. Maybe it isn't too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 10:09 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,111,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedy View Post
Beg your pardon..but even female Generals are addressed as Ma'am. By the way..sit-up..your slouching!!!
Yes, but Boxer is not a general she's a Senator and should be addressed as such.....and a military person should be sharp enough to use the correct word...afterall, THEY are so fussy about how they're addressed!

Old 06-18-2009, 10:14 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,577,393 times
Wow, didn't know a Senator can be such an assh*le. Hey ma'am, I'm sure it takes much more work and sacrifice to become a General in the US Army.

Last edited by Bostonian123; 06-18-2009 at 10:24 AM..

Old 06-18-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Wow, didn't know a Senator can be such an assh*le. By the way ma'am, I'm sure it takes much more work and sacrifice to become a General in the US Army.
A Senator is an ass*** because she wants her correct title used???? So, if you're addressing any Senator under any conditions it all right to call them Harry, or Dick, or Tom, or Snugglebunny, or anything you wish and they would be A-holes if they objected??????????

BTW, it takes a lot of work and sacrifice to become a Senator and there is no contest to see who worked or sacrificed the most.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:27 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,577,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
A Senator is an ass*** because she wants her correct title used???? So, if you're addressing any Senator under any conditions it all right to call them Harry, or Dick, or Tom, or Snugglebunny, or anything you wish and they would be A-holes if they objected??????????

BTW, it takes a lot of work and sacrifice to become a Senator and there is no contest to see who worked or sacrificed the most.
She isn't an assho*le because she wants wants to be properly addressed. She is an assho*le because of her pettiness that is unbecoming of a US Senator.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
She isn't an assho*le because she wants wants to be properly addressed. She is an assho*le because of her pettiness that is unbecoming of a US Senator.

Then those generals and colonels and such are such PETTY jerks for NEEDING to be addressed so formally!! How unbecoming !!!

Old 06-18-2009, 10:36 AM

716 posts, read 1,118,124 times
Quote:

He didn't call her Barbara or sweetheart. He called her Ma'am, a formal term of respect. Even if it wasn't correct, he was trying to be respectful.

She interrupted him in public, chastised him and whined about a minor issue.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:37 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,973,244 times
Kaffee: Excuse me. I didn't dismiss you.
Col. Jessep: I beg your pardon?
Kaffee: I'm not finished with my examination. Sit down.
Col. Jessep: Colonel!
Kaffee: What's that?
Col. Jessep: I would appreciate it if he would address me as Colonel or Sir. I believe I've earned it.
Judge Randolph: Defense counsel will address the witness as Colonel or Sir.
Col. Jessep: [to Judge] I don't know what the hell kind of unit you're running here.
Judge Randolph: And the witness will address this court as Judge or Your Honor. I'm quite certain I've earned it. Take your seat, Colonel.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:37 AM

716 posts, read 1,118,124 times
Quote:

Then those generals and colonels and such are such PETTY jerks for NEEDING to be addressed so formally!! How unbecoming !!!
Actually, I haven't seen a lot of officers chew people out for addressing them wrong. That is more of an NCO trait.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:40 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,614,847 times
She reveals some type of deep seated megalomania and false sense of importance, stems from low self image. A shallow arrogance...too much of this seen with politicians. The cure? None, too late for her. But does us no good at all. Our cure for them: term limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies