Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 10:11 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,117,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh what total drivel! So there's a chart somewhere that compares what every freakin' individual has done before YOU can give them their EARNED title???

That's nuts...do you ask your doctor how many surgeries she's performed or how many hours she had to work to put herself through med school before you address her as Dr. ?????

That's really screwy!!!

Do you ask your priest or reverend just what sacrifices they made to get to their positions before you address them as "Father" or Reverend???

REALLY ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I would have done the same. Unlike many politicians who get into office because the voting public is so soft minded, it takes years of service and knowledge to become a General.
See post above.......

So many misogynists...so little thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 10:18 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,454,868 times
She's getting her jollys making a general squirm to feed her ego.

Just small power trip by an even smaller person.

I did'nt know her character was even tinier then her microscopic intellect.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:48 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,346,500 times
Hmmm....watching the video I don't see why he should have said Senator. I mean I know you call doctors "doctor" and pastors "pastor" but he wasn't really saying her name - he was just being respectful in his answer. It seemed more like a "yes, ma'am" thing to me.

I call my Pastor "Pastor" when I'm using his name. If he asks me a question I don't answer it "yes, pastor." I'd say "yes, sir." Same thing with my doctor.

Maybe I heard it wrong - let me listen again.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:50 PM

38,627 posts, read 26,311,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, but Boxer is not a general she's a Senator and should be addressed as such.....and a military person should be sharp enough to use the correct word...afterall, THEY are so fussy about how they're addressed!
Thanks for showing your true colors by instinctively attacking the military. Military protocol is to address any and all civilians as Sir or Ma'am including politicians and even the President. That's right, correct military protocol is to address the president as Sir or Ma'am. Everything else is WRONG!

Old 06-18-2009, 11:07 PM

716 posts, read 1,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Hmmm....watching the video I don't see why he should have said Senator. I mean I know you call doctors "doctor" and pastors "pastor" but he wasn't really saying her name - he was just being respectful in his answer. It seemed more like a "yes, ma'am" thing to me.

I call my Pastor "Pastor" when I'm using his name. If he asks me a question I don't answer it "yes, pastor." I'd say "yes, sir." Same thing with my doctor.

Maybe I heard it wrong - let me listen again.

A little common sense finally

Old 06-18-2009, 11:11 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,075,581 times
Boxer just showed how small minded she is.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:13 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,210,321 times
Default Swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Good for her!!! I love a woman with some balls on her, not these timid genteel southern women that are down here in texas.
Lets trade.Will give you Boxer in exchange for one of those genteel Texas gals,and throw in Feinstein to sweeten the deal.In fact,now that I think about it,how about if I send Pelosi along too?Just think,3 for 1.Deal?

Old 06-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Status: "God blessed us with a new free puppy 3/11" (set 10 days ago)

2,142 posts, read 4,440,834 times
http://www.usmagazine.com/files/sarah-palin-b_1.jpg (broken link)

Class Act

Asshat

Old 06-19-2009, 01:34 AM

38,627 posts, read 26,311,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
she has rank she used it.
she is entitled so is he.

Since when do Senators have military rank?

Sir, you've just insulted everyone who wears the uniform.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:38 AM

413 posts, read 561,062 times
She has worked hard to be called Witch. Lets address her correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies