Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 11:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Again, pgh, you stretched your assertion until it is unrecognizeable in any sense of the word.

President Obama never threatened to, nor did he say, that he would not fund the Iraq war. He said he would end it. These are two completely different things. You stated that Obama said he would not fund the war. You are, sir, or madam, either blatantly lieing, or blatantly incorrect.

I'll leave it up to you to choose.
Your either blatantly ignoring the fact that you dont fund a war that Obama pledged to END because it would be OVER, or your blatantly trying to continue to pretend to be ignorant that you CANT fund something thats over for the sake of pointing out the hypocracy in Obamas pledge. I dont think its the last one which only leaves your comprehension of not funding something that doesnt exist is beyond your intelligence level..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 11:47 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,521 times
Quote:
Oh, the hypocrisy!!!! GOP votes against troop funding because of IMF funding. House minority leader Boehner apparently was FOR funding the IMF before he was against it...sound familiar?

Republicans: "We Abandon the Troops"

Scott Payne

Posted: June 18, 2009 10:28 AM

No one ever went broke betting on the hypocrisy of congressional Republicans.

For seven years, they blustered about how Democrats had failed to "support the troops in the field" by voting against appropriations to fund the war in Iraq. Now, almost all House Republicans have themselves voted against funding the war in Afghanistan.

Scott Payne: Republicans: "We Abandon the Troops"
I hope to never see you criticize Fox News after posting BS from the Huffington Post.

What a garbage faux news outlet that is. Who writes this crap?

Old 06-19-2009, 11:50 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You mean they need to get to work, and fund a war that Obama pledged to not fund? Really? Thats your claim? They should not support what the citizens voted for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
January 4th, 2008

Well, we will call in the Joint Chiefs of Staff. I will give them a new assignment and that is to bring our troops home in a careful, responsible way, but to end this occupation in Iraq.

Sen. Barack Obama on his Iowa Caucus win on Jan. 3, 2008 | Odeo: Search, Discover and Share Digital Media from Millions of Audio and Video Clips (http://odeo.com/episodes/17588503 - broken link)

"I will bring this war to an end in 2009," Obama said. "I don't want to just end the war, I want to end the mind-set that got us into war. We've been governed by fear, and fear is not a good adviser.

Obama's pledge to end Iraq war draws huge applause : Corpus Christi Election | Caller-Times |

Again, you dont know where your OWN candidate stood on the issue?
I can't watch videos on my computer, but the other link refers to the war in IRAQ, not AFGHANISTAN, which is what the OP is about.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:51 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,793 times
My God..can't you left wing lunatics find anything else to read other than the Huffington Post?? Do you get all of your info from that raggy website..I guess you get the weather forecast, how to raise your kids, recipes..geeze..form an original thought once in a while..at least that would establish a little credibility.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:54 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
What I am wondering is why did the Dems attach the 5 billion to the bill that would fund the troops?
If it is a good cause and can stand on its own merits why add it to another bill?
Oh it might be because they knew that the average american voter would be against it.
Much like with most pork hide the special interest projects in another bill and hope that no one will notice it.
The troops were not abandoned they were used. Not unlike how a kidnapper holds a hostage for ransom. If you vote against this then you are against the troops. I submit that if they really cared about the troops they wouldn't use them like a poker chip in a high stakes game.
Whats next? Hide a spending package to bailout Russia in an education or a headstart bill?

Old 06-19-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I can't watch videos on my computer, but the other link refers to the war in IRAQ, not AFGHANISTAN, which is what the OP is about.
Wrong, the OP link, LIED.. The war funding is for BOTH Iraq AND Afghanistan, and a vote for one, is a vote for the other.

washingtonpost.com

The final version of the $105.9 billion bill, which provides funding for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan through Sept. 30,

Old 06-19-2009, 12:17 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
My God..can't you left wing lunatics find anything else to read other than the Huffington Post?? Do you get all of your info from that raggy website..I guess you get the weather forecast, how to raise your kids, recipes..geeze..form an original thought once in a while..at least that would establish a little credibility.

If you and J would look at my response to Aero, you will find your concerns have already been addressed.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:23 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Katiana, P is offering Oranges in comparison to Apples. Presdient Obama never refused to fund the troops, he said whe was going to end the war in Iraq, which Pg is using to prove his assertion that the current Administration refused to fund the troops. It's a stretch of epic proporations.

If any of you watch South Park, it's called the sasquatch defense. It makes no sense.

As for the hypocrisy of the matter, the Republicans slammed the Democrats for doing the exact same thing.

IMHO, politics as usual.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
As for the hypocrisy of the matter, the Republicans slammed the Democrats for doing the exact same thing.
You meant Democrats and their stance on funding the war during the Bush years.. Needed to correct your posting... AGAIN..

Old 06-19-2009, 01:11 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Oh, the hypocrisy!!!! GOP votes against troop funding because of IMF funding. House minority leader Boehner apparently was FOR funding the IMF before he was against it...sound familiar?

Republicans: "We Abandon the Troops"

Scott Payne

Posted: June 18, 2009 10:28 AM

No one ever went broke betting on the hypocrisy of congressional Republicans.

For seven years, they blustered about how Democrats had failed to "support the troops in the field" by voting against appropriations to fund the war in Iraq. Now, almost all House Republicans have themselves voted against funding the war in Afghanistan.

Scott Payne: Republicans: "We Abandon the Troops"
Its an all too common ploy by some politicians, insert something into a bill, that you know the other party disagrees with, and then label the other side as not caring about the bill, when they vote against it. But that is how it goes. The bill gets defeated and they work out their differences and try to pass it again.

Our country is deeply in debt, maybe $5 billion, which is almost 5% of the war funding, is a bit too much to send off to the IMF.

Where in the story does it quote a republican in congress as saying "We Abandon the Troops"??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies