Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2010, 02:30 PM

271 posts, read 356,049 times

Advertisements

Taliban impostor 'dupes Afghans and vanishes with cash'

The Afghans thought they were dealing with Mullah Akhtar Mohammed Mansour, a top Taliban commander.
But he may not even have been a member of the Taliban, reports the New York Times, which broke the story.
He was paid "a lot of money", then he disappeared, say diplomatic sources. Afghan President Hamid Karzai has denied reports he met the impersonator.
The man is said to have travelled from Pakistan, where it is thought the Taliban's leadership is based, and reportedly had three meetings with government officials.
The fake Taliban leader was flown to Kabul on a Nato aircraft and taken to the presidential palace to meet Mr Karzai, unnamed Nato and Afghan officials told the New York Times.

Taliban Leader in Secret Talks Was an Impostor

Do you think that Americans should feel safe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 02:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
He's probably sitting on a beach somewhere sipping a drink with an umbrella laughing his a** off at stupid US intelligence who think a suitcase full of money will solve all their problems.

Oh yeah..I feel so safe now that the TSA are groping American citizens to ward off terrorism that is occurring in other countries.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:45 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,533,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Taliban impostor 'dupes Afghans and vanishes with cash'

The Afghans thought they were dealing with Mullah Akhtar Mohammed Mansour, a top Taliban commander.
But he may not even have been a member of the Taliban, reports the New York Times, which broke the story.
He was paid "a lot of money", then he disappeared, say diplomatic sources. Afghan President Hamid Karzai has denied reports he met the impersonator.
The man is said to have travelled from Pakistan, where it is thought the Taliban's leadership is based, and reportedly had three meetings with government officials.
The fake Taliban leader was flown to Kabul on a Nato aircraft and taken to the presidential palace to meet Mr Karzai, unnamed Nato and Afghan officials told the New York Times.

Taliban Leader in Secret Talks Was an Impostor

Do you think that Americans should feel safe
Yeah, but all Afghans sort of look alike--and also I heard that guy was a master impersonator and it was a very convicing portrayal...He just put on a turban and said "Derka derka, mohhamed jihad," and the CIA bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Hell, I heard the guy is getting his own one man show in Vegas next month at Harrah's in which he'll impersonate Sammy Davis Jr, Neil Diamond, Michael Jackson, and Elvis Presley...

Old 11-24-2010, 03:08 PM

170 posts, read 533,482 times
LOL you guys crack me up man.

These crazy hajis basically live in caves in the middle of nowhere.

Its not like you can pull up their picture on facebook.

P.S. and they did figure it out, just took them a few weeks.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanskills View Post
LOL you guys crack me up man.

These crazy basically live in caves in the middle of nowhere.

Its not like you can pull up their picture on facebook.

P.S. and they did figure it out, just took them a few weeks.
That and "a lot of money".

Old 11-24-2010, 03:14 PM

418 posts, read 1,090,555 times
Do not underestimate the CIA. Trust me.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
I trust you

Old 11-24-2010, 05:36 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post

Don't over estimate the CIA. Or the Army. Trust me.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Don't over estimate the CIA. Or the Army. Trust me.
I trust you, too

Old 11-25-2010, 11:00 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,994,605 times
Rmember folks If it is being done right, its not being done by the U.S. Army!

and

"Central Intelligence now that is a cotradiction in terms"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies