Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:59 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times

Advertisements

Bailed-out execs used jets for holidays - Economy in Turmoil- msnbc.com

Quote:
The Wall Street Journal said flight records show that executives at Regions Financial Corp., Bank of America Corp., Morgan Stanley and Citigroup Inc. had used corporate jets for personal use throughout the financial crisis. The Journal reviewed Federal Aviation Administration flight records of 14 federally aided banks that register planes in their own names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 07:08 PM

609 posts, read 1,174,759 times
F*** this noise. take down the CEO's and the rich. They constantly abuse and exploit the workers. there is enough wealth to go around. I'm not saying make everyone get paid the same, I'm saying equalize it.

Don't believe for a second this isn't possible. Why do you think the peasants never revolted for hundreds of years? because they thought it wasn't possible. they were not educated and the rich kept them believing they were stuck in their position and deserved to be there. before it was rule by divine right and they had the "permission of god". now we are told "people won't work for less money" or "there isn't enough money, some people have to be poor".

It's BS.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:09 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times

Obama used a jet for a one night date. Sorry, just putting things into perspective.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:37 PM

yeah well I in general believe that all politicians should not be rich. it is corrupting and perverts the governer to bend to economic pressure instead of the real needs of the people...

What makes me laugh is why the lower class and middle class continually vote for right wing leaders, who have no intention of making thier lives better.

people need to get more mad and involved. force the politicians to listen and try and change the system.. thats what I'm going to do.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:22 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,115 times
I hope they continue to use the jets just to flip off the gubment and the never-haves all full of envy. More power to 'em.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:36 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post
yeah well I in general believe that all politicians should not be rich. it is corrupting and perverts the governer to bend to economic pressure instead of the real needs of the people...

What makes me laugh is why the lower class and middle class continually vote for right wing leaders, who have no intention of making thier lives better.

people need to get more mad and involved. force the politicians to listen and try and change the system.. thats what I'm going to do.
How do we know their intent? I mean, it is obvious that this abuse happens on both sides, so how can one say that "vote for right wing leaders, who have no intention of making thier lives better." and proclaim fact when in "fact" they can not confirm the same with the other side?

No offense, but it seems to me that the intention of your post was to bolster a position that was in favor of the side you support? I could be wrong, maybe you could provide me with the logical evidence that supports your claim?

Old 06-19-2009, 08:43 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Obama used a jet for a one night date. Sorry, just putting things into perspective.
no he used several and flew back from his fling in paris alone while his wife and daughters stayed and shopped a couple more days.but that dont count he is our supreme leader. rules dont count for him.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
How do we know their intent? I mean, it is obvious that this abuse happens on both sides, so how can one say that "vote for right wing leaders, who have no intention of making thier lives better." and proclaim fact when in "fact" they can not confirm the same with the other side?

No offense, but it seems to me that the intention of your post was to bolster a position that was in favor of the side you support? I could be wrong, maybe you could provide me with the logical evidence that supports your claim?

Agreed both sides abuse it, thats why I'd support the green party in Canada. so how can one say to vote left over right?? well unlike the left, the right makes no promise to make the average persons life better, so when they do stuff for the rich and not us, we can't hold them accountable.

Normander, get a life. You got owned on the American fascist thread, i don't want to embarrass you here. I'm just some 19 year old punk but I can still embarass you.

Logical evidence??? for my political stance??? its not so much logical as just the basic human rights everyone deserves. and as long as people who want to work and do work hard, are struggling or unable to support their families while CEO's, who on average make 100 times more then the average salary earned at their companies, something needs to be changed. what srot of birth right or entitlement do these people have??

anyways again, at least the left if they make a promise and break it, you can get mad and try and do something, if the right do it, well they never promised you "average wage earner" anything to begin with!!

Old 06-20-2009, 09:19 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post
Ahh, here is where you went wrong.

I dont need or even want ANY leader to make MY life better, thats MY responsibility. I want them to leave me alone so I can do what I'm entitled to do, which is fail, or succeed because of my willingness and abilities..

Old 06-20-2009, 09:20 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
I have no problem with this, considering the taxpayer money obama burned on his "date night" in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies