Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 06:32 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I disagree, It was a power play pure and simple, she wanted to make absolutely sure that the General knew who "gives the orders". It was petty and stupid. Just another democrat with a grand sense of entitlement.

Well, as your post proves, YOU are certainly highly qualified to comment on "petty and stupid".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 06:38 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,117,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I couldn't agree more. When i was in the forces, respect was one of our top priorities and this General was being respectful as he has been trained to do. Is this woman menopausal?

I knew THAT was coming...

If a woman has more power than you do attack her uterus ...either verbally or , as practiced in the military, physically.

Women with more power than a man has...what WILL we do!!!!

Old 06-20-2009, 06:52 AM

639 posts, read 1,141,115 times
This has NOTHING to do with her being a woman. Because she is a woman allows you to blab on about how women are "mistreated" and the "I am a victim mentality". This career military officer who has served this country admirably utilized "Ma'am" which is the way he was programmed for many years to show respect for a female. Boxer showed NO CLASS when she dressed him down in front of people. He was showing her NO disrespect quite the opposite, he was being respectful. The proper way to handle this would have been for "Senator" Boxer to approach the General after the hearings in private and inform him of her preference. This has NOTHING to do with gender and EVERYTHING to do with CLASS of which Ms. Boxer has ZILCH.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
This has NOTHING to do with her being a woman. Because she is a woman allows you to blab on about how women are "mistreated" and the "I am a victim mentality".

"Blab on"? Of course, no one else including you has "blabbed on"? Is that what women do????

And NEVER did I approach it as being mistreated or use the "victim mentality".
Hardly, she is no victim but a powerful Senator (emphasis on powerful, having power and over MEN,too!) and THAT is the reason she's been attacked and insulted over a simple request.

This career military officer who has served this country admirably utilized "Ma'am" which is the way he was programmed for many years to show respect for a female. Boxer showed NO CLASS when she dressed him down in front of people. He was showing her NO disrespect quite the opposite, he was being respectful. The proper way to handle this would have been for "Senator" Boxer to approach the General after the hearings in private and inform him of her preference. This has NOTHING to do with gender and EVERYTHING to do with CLASS of which Ms. Boxer has ZILCH.

She did NOT "dress him down"...she ASKED to be addressed by her title.

AGAIN, this was NOT a military situation...he was on HER turf.

Ya, the military has such "class"...what's the rape rate now? How many officers hid the facts? Didn't defend the soldiers who were raped?

OH the RESPECT!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2009, 07:05 AM

It must be tough to hate this country so much!!!! How do you stand to live here??? How silly your post is.....the military mirrors society so I have a news flash for you.....there will be rapists, drug dealers, assaulters, gays, and a whole lot of other things in the military. There are rapists who are teachers, utility workers, priests, cab drivers, cops, firefighters....to stereotype the military in the fashion you do is inarticulate and hateful. By posting your nonsensical post are you attempting to intimate that this general is a rapist or should be held responsible for the actions of military men and women?? I just don't get it......

Old 06-20-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
It must be tough to hate this country so much!!!! How do you stand to live here???
Are you addressing me?

You can't answer so I hate this country?

Must be my uterus!!!

I know you canNOT produce any proof that I hate this country......but just blab on....

Let's use your "logic'....you love your country so you must love rape....is that how it goes???? Just askin'.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:07 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,835,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I disagree, It was a power play pure and simple, she wanted to make absolutely sure that the General knew who "gives the orders". It was petty and stupid. Just another democrat with a grand sense of entitlement.
Agree 100% Eloro. She could very easily have taken him aside after the hearing and requested this of him and it would have been fine.
Members of the military use the pronouns of ma'am and sir when addressing everyone, including all superiors.
It was arrogant and insulting.
As far as I am concerned, she couldn't hold his jockstrap.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:13 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,862,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Most generals are politicians too, just like senators. That's how they get beyond major on their way up the stairs.

No doubt a lot of ass kissing is involved in making it to general officer ranks. Unfortunately that learned behavior showed in his timid response.
Someone like Patton or Col. Hackworth would have given a different response, I'm sure.

Babs is not in his chain of command, he is not required to kiss her ass.

Patton would have given her a lesson she'd never forget.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:14 AM

My answers are fine. Your posts are ludicrous. You brought up rape and I can't figure out why. Your attempt to stereotype or whitewash the military is obvious and an embarassment to anyone who has served. Hence my military mirrors society post above.......

Old 06-20-2009, 07:24 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,262,371 times
What she doesn't realize is that he was correct.

I wonder if she used his title in refering to him, which she should have. I think he outranks a Senator, who is simply a public servant, and elected official. She works for him, just as she works for the rest of the public.

The problem is that our elected officials seem to have the idea that they are above us and somehow are superior. Just listen to any of them, when they are questioned by people about what they are doing. They have really become arrogant, and often refuse to give any answers. They do things in secret, and act as thought they are accountable to no one.

Boxer is very typical of the leftists in Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies