Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 04:18 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
So, can I expect to NEVER read a comment by you about black men, single parenting, and African Americans always blaming whitey and never taking up personal responsibility, etc, etc., I'm glad to hear that, so I thank you in advance.
Of course this won't happen. They will constantly quote Bill Cosby all day long because of the way he delivered the message in discust which mirrors their true feelings.

When the message is delivered with a positive spin and included everyone they can't deal with it because it conflicts with their gut feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 04:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"Let's admit to ourselves that there are a lot of men out there that need to stop acting like boys; who need to realize that responsibility does not end at conception; who need to know that what makes you a man is not the ability to have a child but the courage to raise a child."

Amen!
Sooooooooo agree with you! But to think about it,mom's need to stop babying their children. Sooooo many kids i see are going to become wusses when they grow older.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I'm not a political Obama fan...........
but from everything I've seen in his personal life, he seems to be a dedicated family man and a great dad. Hopefully, his words will inspire and teach because he is a very impressive example.
Exactly...all the Obama haters should think how Bush is the reason for this money problem. I took macroeconomics and Bush messed up.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:22 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Chairman Obamas wisdom is infinite.
All hail.
Allah be praised

thanks for starting my morning prayer

Old 06-20-2009, 04:23 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
i think obama is a wonderful dad. he got rid of school vouchers so his dauhgters would not have to attend private school with commoners like my Daughters.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:24 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Exactly...all the Obama haters should think how Bush is the reason for this money problem. I took macroeconomics and Bush messed up.
Oh yeah, well my broker is e.f. hutton and he says...

Old 06-20-2009, 04:28 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
stop taking that stuff it'l ruin your brain

Old 06-20-2009, 04:55 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Oh lord, the idiot is telling men how to be a good father??

What teach them how to scam people, suck up to crooks with money, never work a day in your life, how to use crack and drink yourself to pieces when you are depressed and mixed up.

Oh yea, sounds like a great fatherly advise from an idiot.

If anything you need to teach your kids to grow up and earn their way instead of using others and your race to get you the things you need and want in life like he has. Damn guy has never worked a day in his life and never earned a dime of his own money and he want to tell others how to be a good dad.

So where is all the Bill Cosby haters now, Cosby knows the real problem and when he spoke out the African American community wanted to hang him for telling the truth.

Obama needs to concentrate on what we pay him to do, and so far like in his past, he has not earned his pay like usual.

Taking advice from an ex druggie and alcoholic, oh yea ain't that great?

Maybe we should ask the two illegal nannies Obama was paying in Chicago what kind of Dad he was?

Old 06-20-2009, 05:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

What teach them how to scam people, suck up to crooks with money, never work a day in your life, how to use crack and drink yourself to pieces when you are depressed and mixed up.

If anything you need to teach your kids to grow up and earn their way instead of using others and your race to get you the things you need and want in life like he has. Damn guy has never worked a day in his life and never earned a dime of his own money and he want to tell others how to be a good dad.

So where is all the Bill Cosby haters now, Cosby knows the real problem and when he spoke out the African American community wanted to hang him for telling the truth.

Obama needs to concentrate on what we pay him to do, and so far like in his past, he has not earned his pay like usual.

Maybe we should ask the two illegal nannies Obama was paying in Chicago what kind of Dad he was?

Old 06-20-2009, 06:47 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

As someone who is in the advertising field, let me give you some advice... When you tell a blatantly obvious lie like the one I bolded above, it undermines the believability of your entire argument to your audience. Or doesn't being a lawyer count as working and earning your own money in bizarro world?

And there are plenty of ex-druggies and alcoholics that are good dads. Or did you think that all of the people who used drugs during the 60s or recovered from alcoholism were horrible parents? Heck, there have been Presidents who suffered from alcohol dependence while they served. Nixon comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies