Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 09:54 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
They why are you so upset that there is no voucher system?
because some parents cant afford the sacrifices i went through and want the best for thier children and gov schools suk they are controlled by the teachers union who get thier marching orders from the gov. i never went to a gov school not even one day and i left my gov school neighbors in the dust from day one. been working since i was 12 yrs old. never learned to depend on the gov. made my own way and very well i must add.people will never know what they can do if it is handed to them and they dont have to work for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 09:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
it needs to be said.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:17 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
because some parents cant afford the sacrifices i went through and want the best for thier children and gov schools suk they are controlled by the teachers union who get thier marching orders from the gov. i never went to a gov school not even one day and i left my gov school neighbors in the dust from day one. been working since i was 12 yrs old. never learned to depend on the gov. made my own way and very well i must add.people will never know what they can do if it is handed to them and they dont have to work for it.
Woop de do! Most of us successful Americans including our President worked our azzes off to be where we are today. If you want to improve the school systems, look to state government. When balancing their budgets the first thing they cut are resources for education. How many times have the citizens voted down increased taxes for better education? Blame the unions all you want but it's the 'no higher taxes' mentality that hurts the educational systems.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:21 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,384,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
We? What "we" might you be referring to?
The 'red' army.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:30 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
The 'red' army.
Native Americans?

Old 06-20-2009, 10:32 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
then say something not just naner-naner
now that was really eye opening you should be praised for your deep intelect

Old 06-20-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
it seems as time goes on there is less and less a father can do for his children. the gov controls the schools,laws are passed how we can dicipline them.drugs are forced on them,as well as the new visions of social engeneering. it was an uphill battle to keep my daughters away from the gov will do it for you cause they know better than your parents bunk.we need to feel needed and the gov is taking that away a piece at a time. they are trying to replace us then wonder where we are? well duh proud single Dad
Who needs dads when we have 'role models'.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Native Americans?
Never saw a red one. Brown, drunk, but not red.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Of course this won't happen. They will constantly quote Bill Cosby all day long because of the way he delivered the message in discust which mirrors their true feelings.

When the message is delivered with a positive spin and included everyone they can't deal with it because it conflicts with their gut feelings.
You people dropped the Cos
like a pair of work gloves
when he spoke the truth.

Spin = to distort the true meaning in order to deceive.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
As someone who is in the advertising field, let me give you some advice... When you tell a blatantly obvious lie like the one I bolded above, it undermines the believability of your entire argument to your audience. Or doesn't being a lawyer count as working and earning your own money in bizarro world?

And there are plenty of ex-druggies and alcoholics that are good dads. Or did you think that all of the people who used drugs during the 60s or recovered from alcoholism were horrible parents? Heck, there have been Presidents who suffered from alcohol dependence while they served. Nixon comes to mind.
So you see a lie where I see shorthand for 'he was never a working man'
as in pain, sweat and paying bills in the way most of us understand it.
As to 'undermined believability' I can't say I've ever seen someones
believability ever ever change anyone's mind in these exchanges.
As far as D and A abuse being irrelevant in your bizarro world it isn't
in the real one.
And by the way, that's President Nixon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies