Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 12:42 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post

Democracy should rain in that country!
Well if it does I'm sure the weather channel will report it first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 12:44 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
The real leaders are the backassward Muslim Clerics who make up the Mullah's Council, not the Prezodents, and that part ain't changin'.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:45 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Default Your right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
The real leaders are the backassward Muslim Clerics who make up the Mullah's Council, not the Prezodents, and that part ain't changin'.
The Supreme Cleric dared those followers of the opposition to continue marching peacefully throughout Tehran.

They (Iranian's) called his Bluff!

It's really hard to believe that a man of God would send out orders to kill his own people to restore the dictatorship he commands.

His credibility has to be slipping.

Especially watching that girl on TV, that was shot in her heart!

Old 06-21-2009, 09:52 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,356,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
When I was young, our generation of Hippys, if we didn't like the way the govt was doing things we would march, rant and carry signs saying horray for our side. We were strong in numbers.

Today we are too busy working 2 jobs just to keep our head above water. We dont have time to protest, march and demonstrate. We have become slaves to this dictatorship like govt.

Even on rare occasion people organize like the recent Tea Partys, the so called respected news CNN refused to even cover it.

Add to this when we do exercise our right to peaceful assembly, the pigs invent some trumped up charge like unlawful assembly and threaten to arrest everyone. We are now just puppets to this disgraceful govt.

We do need a revolution to take back our streets from the pigs and
politicians who rule us peons with an iron fist.
We have learned different lessons from fishing.

I see the freedom of speech abused by the world’s "Powerful" press organizations, and government’s who use of those in the press to control what they want us to see and read. I don’t want you to get me wrong, I would never do anything to limit the freedom of speech, thus making this position a hard and thin line we to walk.
This freedom to search for the truth removes the fear of control I see mentioned between the lines in your post.

Having lived in several other countries in my life, I see the freedoms we take for granted as one of our most valued assets. These freedoms require following some basic rules and I understand the need and thus follow those rules, which allow me to exercise my basic freedom of assembly, speech, and many others.

I think to be an informed citizen we need to work and gather knowledge from other sources. As Americans we have grown lazy and think we should have news handed to us on a platter or flat screen as the cases may be. It is the power we have given away which limits our freedoms. It is also a power you can take back.

I try to search out the truth in other locations such as the web, and blogs, or small non controlled news organizations around the world. I spend the first part of my day reading internet papers from Japan, Europe, Israel, and Saudi Arabia. My only goal is to have them free of any connection with the Times. I also check the blogs, and go to a few overseas forums to get a feel of what is really going on, and how other cultures read events of the day. I, like you, learned to distrust the American press during Viet Nam era, and now think they will print only what sells the papers regardless of what is true of false. The power and responsibility to end the abuse of that power we gave away is in your hands just as it is in mine.

The best example for watching the net for news is going on now as we watch a revolution in Iran through the internet. It is raw and unfiltered by the mainstream press. If we take the time and avoid the lazy attitude of wanting someone else to think for us we all might learn something about the true cost of freedom from this people trying to regain their freedoms.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:51 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD View Post
Okay. I elect you as leader. What do you do to keep law and order? And...what does your government look like? Or...do you just not worry about it?

Also...I'm sorry you are working two jobs...for the man, but you could always sell everything and go off the grid. Maybe a nice yurt somewhere? There are plenty of places where you could go where you never have to deal with the goverment or pigs ever again. Go live off the land somewhere. Make your own destiny. Don't rely on others. What's the problem?
So I take it you are one of those weak followers who enjoy your govt controlling every aspect of your life while raping you of every single dime you earn till May 30th each year? I dont know what to say except that it was nice to know America the way it was before all the weak followers like yourself gave in to the big chains of govt. who now control us.

Freedom is never more then one generation from extinction. Many have found that the defense of liberty is a hard price to pay while others like yourself find it much easier to surrender to the big chains of corrupt govt.

Good luck to you but remember this:

It's better to die on your feet then to live on your knees.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:09 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
When I was young, our generation of Hippys, if we didn't like the way the govt was doing things we would march, rant and carry signs saying horray for our side. We were strong in numbers.

Today we are too busy working 2 jobs just to keep our head above water. We dont have time to protest, march and demonstrate. We have become slaves to this dictatorship like govt.

Even on rare occasion people organize like the recent Tea Partys, the so called respected news CNN refused to even cover it.

Add to this when we do exercise our right to peaceful assembly, the pigs invent some trumped up charge like unlawful assembly and threaten to arrest everyone. We are now just puppets to this disgraceful govt.

We do need a revolution to take back our streets from the pigs and
politicians who rule us peons with an iron fist.

stop it lol, go back to the watts riots among other similarities and while this was going on we were helping other nations and encouraging freedom while US citizens were oppressed.

the tea party is trash...opposing taxes they were gonna raise anyway gtfoh. ur partisan b.s stinks how many times and issues have f^ck news overlooked and passed over so why complain

govt existed then and it does now deal with less govt sounds like communism or a dictatorship ran by few

Old 06-21-2009, 08:11 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
The Supreme Cleric dared those followers of the opposition to continue marching peacefully throughout Tehran.

They (Iranian's) called his Bluff!

It's really hard to believe that a man of God would send out orders to kill his own people to restore the dictatorship he commands.

His credibility has to be slipping.

Especially watching that girl on TV, that was shot in her heart!
americans done and did that..wacky christians so why complian or have a say

Old 06-21-2009, 09:22 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
stop it lol, go back to the watts riots among other similarities and while this was going on we were helping other nations and encouraging freedom while US citizens were oppressed.

the tea party is trash...opposing taxes they were gonna raise anyway gtfoh. ur partisan b.s stinks how many times and issues have f^ck news overlooked and passed over so why complain

govt existed then and it does now deal with less govt sounds like communism or a dictatorship ran by few
Perhaps you should take your pro govt attitude and go.............................

Your govt sucks. There is nothing you or I can do to change it. And I am not a black man who marched in the Watts riots but I am also not a young snot nosed kid who listens to wrap and wears pants so large that they can conceal 13 semi automatic weapons in them without notice.

Based on the amount of REPs and private msgs on this one post I would say the vast majority agree with me, probably because I am right.

Dont bother.......

Old 06-22-2009, 12:01 AM

339 posts, read 707,439 times
Quote:
So I take it you are one of those weak followers who enjoy your govt controlling every aspect of your life while raping you of every single dime you earn till May 30th each year? I dont know what to say except that it was nice to know America the way it was before all the weak followers like yourself gave in to the big chains of govt. who now control us.

Freedom is never more then one generation from extinction. Many have found that the defense of liberty is a hard price to pay while others like yourself find it much easier to surrender to the big chains of corrupt govt.

Good luck to you but remember this:

It's better to die on your feet then to live on your knees.
Weeeeeaaaaaaaaakkkkk! Actually I don't want the gov-mint to control any aspect of my life. I'm fine handling things myself. I don't have to worry about "the pigs" because I don't do stupid $hi*. I'm okay.

It sounds like you have issues with "the pigs", you are working two jobs (for the man) to make your bills, etc. Don't put it out there unless you can explain. It's easy to say "this is F-ed up", "that is F-ed up". But if you explain yourself by giving examples of how you fell into the trap, it's kind of stupid. Your just ranting at that point.

Last edited by JDTD; 06-22-2009 at 12:25 AM..

Old 06-22-2009, 12:12 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I nsee no revolution at all. All I see are protests much like in China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies