Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 05:00 PM

25 posts, read 12,910 times

Advertisements

I can google this stuff up all day long. UHC horror stories abound in cyber space

British National Health Service

BigGovHealth | Health Care Horror Stories

Canadian health care is failing « The Everyday Economist (http://everydayecon.wordpress.com/2006/02/26/canadian-health-care-is-failing/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 05:06 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,856,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slenderbone View Post
I can google this stuff up all day long. UHC horror stories abound in cyber space

BigGovHealth | Health Care Horror Stories (http://www.biggovhealth.org/stories - broken link)

Canadian health care is failing « The Everyday Economist (http://everydayecon.wordpress.com/2006/02/26/canadian-health-care-is-failing/ - broken link)
Hey I can send you some Brothers Grimm or other great tales of fiction too.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:06 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,322,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
You are kidding...right?
If you think eutopia is getting a great health service without paying through the nose then there really is something seriously wrong with America's Health System. I "spout" what i have actually experienced in a UHC. Exactly what are YOUR experiences of this UHC that you feel does not work?
Sorry your UHC experiences in another country are not relevent here.
I do not need to experience any other countries UHC to realize it's shortcomings because as my post states, I am fully aware of our governments inability to adminster such a program based on past/present performances.
Maybe it's different in Utopia.
Who is paying you?

Old 06-21-2009, 05:07 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,265,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

Recently, it was determined that I had an abnormally slow heart rate (surprising considering my reaction to most conservative posts here) so I go to my doctor who decides that I need to have a heart rate monitor attached to my person for 24 hours.
How is your heart? Did you ever hear anything? Are you OK?

Old 06-21-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:

BigGovHealth | Health Care Horror Stories (http://www.biggovhealth.org/stories - broken link)

Here you go slender try this.........
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/11/op...11krugman.html

Old 06-21-2009, 05:11 PM

25 posts, read 12,910 times
No thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Here you go slender try this.........
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/11/op...11krugman.html

Old 06-21-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Sorry your UHC experiences in another country are not relevent here.
I do not need to experience any other countries UHC to realize it's shortcomings because as my post states, I am fully aware of our governments inability to adminster such a program based on past/present performances.
Maybe it's different in Utopia.
Who is paying you?
Sorry,,, what part of Venus is the USA in?
The USA is like any other Industrialised Nation except it has one of the worst health care systems in the world..... our world, not this imaginary world that some people think America belongs to.
You have absolutely NO IDEA of how a UHC works or is financed..yet you know its shortcomings...Exactly how do you know its shortcomings????????

Old 06-21-2009, 05:15 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,859,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
So far health insurance lobbyist have spent over 10 million just this year on campaign funding of which 65% went to democrats and there expecting more money being spent by lobbyist this year than last.

So much for 'hope' and 'change'

Wouldn't mind a link here.

However, I am certain that the insurance lobbyists are trying hard to persuade the Democrats away from UHC. The Republicans are already theirs.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
No thank you
Oh i see too dificult for you to see the shortcomings of the present American Health Service. Why do you expect anyone to read your links?

Old 06-21-2009, 05:18 PM

According to a recent estimate by the Urban Institute, the lack of health insurance leads to 27,000 preventable deaths in America each year.
Not too good huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies