Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 06:56 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
From 2006 data, the per capita cost of health care in the US was $6,100. In France, it was $3,500. We had 3.6 hospital beds per thousand people. France had 8.4. We had 2.3 physicians per thousand people. France had 3.4. Life expectancy in the US was 78.1. In France, it was 80.9. A US physican earns about five times the average US wage. A French physician earns about twice the average French wage. The French physician doesn't care. He has no medical school loans to repay. Medical and nursing school are free. He has very nearly no malpractice insurance to pay. Malpractice is dealt with in a system of medical courts. He does not have to hire any admin assistants to do insurance paperwork. The payment system is easy to work with. Anyone in France can go to any doctor. No one can tell a doctor what tests or procedures he may or may not perform. The course of medical care is determined by the doctor and patient alone. There are rarely waiting lists for elective procedures and no requirements for outside pre-approval. No one can be excluded from coverage for pre-existing conditions or for poor general health. The French health care system is consistently ranked at or near the top of those available in developed nations. The US health care system is consistently ranked at or near the bottom.

That is the state of things. We can continue the massive waste of our health care dollars by keeping to the path we are on now, or we can resolve to have better care at lower cost by finding to a different system. Others have done so before us, and are happier and healthier for it.
Please don't expect facts from these anti-UHC people. They hate the thought of a UHC but have absolutely no experience of one. I started a thread asking if any American had Experience with a UHC and why did that experience make them decide against a UHC. So far NOT ONE poster with a real bad or even a real experience of a UHC yet you get them on here saying how it coudn't work. Would be a bit like my 5 year old going to NASA and advising them on the space shuttles failings.
I am sure they are just terrified that every American will get what they have as far as healthcare is concerned...so just selfishnes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 07:01 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Please don't expect facts from these ant-UHC people. They hate the thought of a UHC but have absolutely no experience of one. I started a thread asking if any American had Experience with a UHC and why did that experience make them decide against a UHC. So far NOT ONE poster with a real bad or even a real experience of a UHC yet you get them on here saying how it coudn't work. Would be a bit like my 5 year old going to NASA and advising them on the space shuttles failings.
Who is paying you to shill for UHC on all these threads?

Shill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services or a political group, who pretends no association to the seller/group and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage others unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services or support the political group's ideological claims. Shills are often employed by confidence artists.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What you guys want is not possible. You want the American taxpayers to provide free care to all the people of the world who want to come here and get it. Illegals can simply come over and head straight to any ER and we're supposed to give them completely free health care. Welfare indigents can decide to keep having as many children as they like and the taxpayers are expected to provide completely free health care to them.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What you guys want is not possible. You want the American taxpayers to provide free care to all the people of the world who want to come here and get it. Illegals can simply come over and head straight to any ER and we're supposed to give them completely free health care. Welfare indigents can decide to keep having as many children as they like and the taxpayers are expected to provide completely free health care to them.
What on earth are you talking about???????
No one wants "American taxpayers to provide free care to all the people of the world"... that's being a bit arrogant don't you think to imagine that all the people al over the world want to come to America for health care.
As i have repeatedly said....... ANY ILLEGAL who attends a Emergency room under a UHC will recieve emergency treatment and be charged for it. No other treatment will be given to them if they are not registered with the UHC. If they refuse to pay they will be handed to the Authorities to be shipped home.
All this fear about how your tax Dollar is going to provide to other Americans and how bad that would be is Pathetic. Me, Me, Me, Me, Me...Is that all you care about? I have paid my taxes for the benefit of other people all my working life and i have done extrmely well but NOT at the cost of my fellow citizen. YOU are paying for illegals using Hospitals right now as we speak under your present system. Being poor is not catching but you would think from some of these shameful posts that it was.
I hear so much B/S on here about the feigned concern of how will America afford a UHC. Well how does America afford the gigantic Annual payments abroad to fund other countries? This cannot afford it rubbish is just a smoke screen to hide the real reason why some Americans do not want a UHC. The REAL REASON is simple. SELF INTEREST! They are terrified of health care in America no longer being for the Elite who can afford health insurance. They are scared that their place in the "chosen fews" queue may be behind a American who is poor and shouldn't be in front of them for health care. GET REAL..... Americans with cover,politicians,the wealthy will fight tooth and nail to prevent the everyday American getting their hands on the golden chalice that the Elitists call the "American Health System."

Old 06-22-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
What on earth are you talking about???????
No one wants "American taxpayers to provide free care to all the people of the world"... that's being a bit arrogant don't you think to imagine that all the people al over the world want to come to America for health care.
As i have repeatedly said....... ANY ILLEGAL who attends a Emergency room under a UHC will recieve emergency treatment and be charged for it. No other treatment will be given to them if they are not registered with the UHC. If they refuse to pay they will be handed to the Authorities to be shipped home.
All this fear about how your tax Dollar is going to provide to other Americans and how bad that would be is Pathetic. Me, Me, Me, Me, Me...Is that all you care about? I have paid my taxes for the benefit ofm other people all my working life and i have done extrmely well but NOT at the cost of my fellow citizen. Being poor is not catching but you would think from some of these shameful posts that it was.
I hear so much B/S on here about the feigned concern of how will America afford a UHC. Well how does America afford the gigantic Anuall payments abroad to fund other countries? This cannot afford it rubbish is just a smoke screen to hide the real reason why some Americans do not want a UHC. The REAL REASON is simple. SELF INTEREST! They are terrified of health care in America no longer being for the Elite who can afford health insurance. They are scared that their place in the "chosen fews" queue may be behind a American who is poor and shouldn't be in front of them for health care. GET REAL..... Americans with cover,politicians,the wealthy will fight tooth and nail to prevent the everyday American getting their hands on the golden chalice that the Elitists call the "American Health System."
Can you give me a link to where Obama's plan would actually deport illegals who aren't paying their maternity bills? Or wouldn't the anchor baby be still considered a citizen that gets his parents all the rights of citizenship and food stamps?

And yes I do care about my family and me. I actually do not have a whole lot of money left over after bills to support more free health care for everyone. I have an insurance plan, but I don't have an iPhone and I know that many uninsured people spend plenty of money on things that I don't.

Why is it all about going after the money of the working and currently insured?

Or will you inform the uninsured that they may have to give up going to concerts, eating out in fast food restaurants, cable television because they're now going to have to start chipping in for all this health care people want?

Old 06-22-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Who is paying you to shill for UHC on all these threads?

Shill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
God the paranoia from the anti UHC brigade...would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Who is paying me to SHILL????????? LMAO

Old 06-22-2009, 07:43 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
what happens when the goverment does not want to pay for your childs medical needs anymore because it will cost too much because of a serious illness anymore, or your spouses needs because they have breast cancer?

Old 06-22-2009, 08:02 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Hospitals dont get paid enough by the government and have to file bankruptcy and close?

Doctors have their salaries cut and no longer see it worth 8+ years of school for a smaller salary?

Seniors, cant find retirement homes to go to because the cuts wont pay for their stay?

Employers across the country cut out their insurance causing an increase in the uninsured, not a decrease?

When people from other country come here to receive medical treatement at the taxpayers dime?

When medical facilities get caught committing insurance fraud, and get fined, thereby limiting the amount of money available for your medical care?

When hospitals dont have enough money to buy newer, better machines for better care and have to go without?

When the government decides that a procedure is worth $X and the hospitals say no, they cant afford to do it for that amount..

When insurance companies start to pay off the politicians to get access to their new billion dollar insurance contracts with the government for care..

Any others? Any answer?

Lot of "if's" and "whens"...

What we're seeing currently is what happens when greedy insurance executives suck up billions in "health care dollars" to deny benefits to policy holders in order to pay themselves huge bonuses.

I think they should have anticipated some backlash. Of course, their fat Swiss bank accounts will help them weather the storm no matter how developments proceed from here.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
what happens when the goverment does not want to pay for your childs medical needs anymore because it will cost too much because of a serious illness anymore, or your spouses needs because they have breast cancer?
Politicians only do things with what gets the most votes in mind.

Health care will become their best pork program, if you're lucky enough to be in a group that votes -- such as unwed welfare mothers wanting free maternity and pediatric care, you'll get it, but if you're in a group whose votes can't be counted on, don't expect anything.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:22 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Politicians only do things with what gets the most votes in mind.

Health care will become their best pork program, if you're lucky enough to be in a group that votes -- such as unwed welfare mothers wanting free maternity and pediatric care, you'll get it, but if you're in a group whose votes can't be counted on, don't expect anything.
ok, then what will the central goverment do when "the people" see what a big waste of money that UHC is and stop paying taxes to pay for it and the central goverment.

hard to arrest millions of tax payers when they just stop working or just wont pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies