Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 12:04 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times

Advertisements

I am more amused by the people who think that there is a difference between a democrat and a republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 12:05 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Rep are actually in a very good position and you do not know it.

Think about it.

Liberals have controlled congress for 2 1/2 years and have done nothing.

Obama has been in office for going on 5 months and has done nothing.

Liberals control every important aspect of the country.

If things continue to fall apart it will be all the liberals fault and people will see that and vote them out for having the chance to CHANGE things and failed.

Change was what the libs promised us in 2006 congressional elections. No change happened other then things got worse.

Change is what Obama ran on and so far the only change is things going into a reverse mode and or downhill.

So no, I can sit back and watch the libs destroy the country and watch them shoot themselves in the foot all by themselves.

I would say it would suck to be a dem, watching your party have total control and screw things up on a daily basis like they are would be tough.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:06 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I am more amused by the people who think that there is a difference between a democrat and a republican.
That is what I laugh at. They are two sides of the same coin and neither party cares about the country, only themselves and power and money. They show it every time they open their mouths or sign a bill.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:11 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
That is what I laugh at. They are two sides of the same coin and neither party cares about the country, only themselves and power and money. They show it every time they open their mouths or sign a bill.

bu bu bu bu bu bu but yes we can! change we can believe in.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:12 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
With all of the carping about Obama and Democrats around here, it appears that some people are very frustrated - to say the least. I imagine some of them wake up every day praying for a drop in Obama's approval ratings - even a .5% drop makes them squeal with delight!

Don't fret, Republicans. We were once out of control too. We feel your pain.
They seem so angry and paranoid.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:12 AM

491 posts, read 925,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
So what would you suggest as a viable political alternative?

Old 06-22-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
So what would you suggest as a viable political alternative?
there is no alternative. both parties are owned by the special interests. people just vote for the candidate they think doesn't suck quite as bad as the other.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
They seem so angry and paranoid.
I am angry at the state of music. I am angry because I can levitate birds, but no one cares. I am paranoid because the CIA wants to put a chip in my brain.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:21 AM

491 posts, read 925,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
there is no alternative. both parties are owned by the special interests. people just vote for the candidate they think doesn't suck quite as bad as the other.
That's not true. There are elements of social justice that are important to me, which is why I cannot embrace the current Republican party's platform of exclusivity. That is why I cannot vote for the party, unless they dissociate themselves from the extremist social conservative element. However, the Dems are not particularly better in this regard, so a third party must emerge that is actually true to core principles of equality and is not governed by corporate interests. I think the current trend is heading in that direction, although it remains to be seen what the outcome will be.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:53 AM

339 posts, read 707,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
That's not true. There are elements of social justice that are important to me, which is why I cannot embrace the current Republican party's platform of exclusivity. That is why I cannot vote for the party, unless they dissociate themselves from the extremist social conservative element. However, the Dems are not particularly better in this regard, so a third party must emerge that is actually true to core principles of equality and is not governed by corporate interests. I think the current trend is heading in that direction, although it remains to be seen what the outcome will be.
Exactly! Well...sort of. I don't think the Dems are the slightest bit better at all. They have been folding like lawn chairs to any wack-group out there because they often get the squeaky wheel voice confused with "real world" beliefs. They alienate many to appease a few (same as the R's have been doing). We need a common sense party!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies