Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 12:25 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times

Advertisements

Leftists love death and destruction of all that is good, including life.

First they started with aborting(killing) babies, then now it's sick or deformed people, then it will be old people, people of religion, people of different political beliefs and so on till they have their radical group think communist society.

And there are plenty of historical precedents for all the above. I'm sure if you traveled back in time to Germany in 1920 and told people what would have happened by 1945 people would not have believed it.

Probably the USA will go down this road which is why I am considering my escape plan. A lot of sick people in this country now. When they equate a serial killer on death row to a down syndrome baby you know they are sick in the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 12:27 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
That's suicide.
Duh, that's why it's called "assisted suicide". That's illegal in this country. Dr Kevorkian had hundreds of patients lining up to receive his services BY CHOICE. He went to jail for it. Again, LEARN BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Quote:
That's murder if someone else makes the decision. If that person signed a no resuscitation clause then that's not the same as someone else making their decision. If they don't have the capacity to understand their condition, brain dead as you put it, and they signed no such documents to allow them to die then you deciding for them is murder.
If no living will is signed, a person cannot be put down without a court order. But then most people give POA to their loved ones in those cases. Nobody without the proper authority can sign the order. Again, it just takes some rational thinking...which is something you clearly cannot do...to realize that assisted suicide of dying cancer/coma patients (who cost a fortune to keep alive, and are the main reason why our health-care costs are so high) is not Murder, but compassion.

If someone has no brain activity and is being kept alive with machines, it's clearly not what "god" wants...
What possible reason do you have for keeping someone alive with machines when they have a 0% chance of recovery?
BTW, "Brain Dead" is a medical term. It's also a legal term.

I wouldn't advocate the killing of all old people like some kind of real life "Logan's Run"...just the CHOICE for those old people (and those with horrible and PAINFUL diseases) to decide for themselves whether or not they wish to continue to suffer the pain of their disease/injury.

Quote:
The same rationalization Hitler used for genocide is the same as some of the folks in here use... It's too burdensome, they're a drain, they'll never live a real life, they're suffering let's just get it over with... And to boot these people want to sounds as if they're sympathetic. It's more pathetic then sympathetic.
GIVE ME A BREAK.
Comparing people who believe in assisted suicide to Hitler shows how irrational you are. Hitler did not use that rationalization anyway, LEARN YOUR HISTORY!!!!! Jews were blamed for the problems suffered during the interwar period (including the Weimar Republic's failure) and others were considered inhuman. To compare people who are fulfilling the wishes of the sick and dying to those who kidnapped children and stripped them naked before putting them into a gas chamber with hundreds of other innocent people just shows how irrational and illogical you are.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:30 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
When they equate a serial killer on death row to a down syndrome baby you know they are sick in the head.
I think it's the highest I have ever seen a people try to place themselves in thinking of the term "placing themselves above it all." It takes some balls for these folks to act like god while condemning any thought of god. They deplore people not "living the life" and the means for them to end it is a rational way of killing people. Same thought process

and yes repugnant I know my history...

Old 06-23-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
First they started with aborting(killing) babies, then now it's sick or deformed people, then it will be old people, people of religion, people of different political beliefs and so on till they have their radical group think communist society.
This is what I call PARANOID DELUSIONAL PSYCHOSIS.

Wow.

Sure, those who believe in compassionate assisted suicide but who are against torture, war, the death penalty and even guns (which I don't personally understand...I believe in gun rights for everyone) are somehow going to turn this country into Nazi Germany (or Stalinist Russia, since Nazi Germany was the opposite of Communism).

It's amazing that someone that paranoid and delusional hasn't been locked up at Bellevue yet...seriously, seek some help if you actually think that Liberals (the p-ussies who couldn't even beat a reeling George Bush in 2004) will accomplish this insane progession from allowing assisted suicide to becoming a violent fascist police state...

Old 06-23-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
And there are plenty of historical precedents for all the above. I'm sure if you traveled back in time to Germany in 1920 and told people what would have happened by 1945 people would not have believed it.
As early as 1922, he (Hitler) told Major Joseph Hell, at the time a journalist:
Quote:
“Once I really am in power, my first and foremost task will be the annihilation of the Jews. As soon as I have the power to do so, I will have gallows built in rows – at the Marienplatz in Munich, for example – as many as traffic allows. Then the Jews will be hanged indiscriminately, and they will remain hanging until they stink; they will hang there as long as the principles of hygiene permit. As soon as they have been untied, the next batch will be strung up, and so on down the line, until the last Jew in Munich has been exterminated. Other cities will follow suit, precisely in this fashion, until all Germany has been completely cleansed of Jews."
Yeah. Try researching and understanding history before you make wild claims.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:44 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sorry...not sci-fi. In Europe, some UHCs are trying to figure out a protocol for euthanizing babies who will require a lot of resources to keep alive and who have a lower chance of living a productive life.

Holland to allow ‘baby euthanasia’ - Times Online
Does the parents have any say over whether their child gets euthanized or is the decision regarding "quality of life" made entirely by doctors? There are many children with disabilities in the US whose parents would fight tooth and nail for their rights to life.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:03 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Does the parents have any say over whether their child gets euthanized or is the decision regarding "quality of life" made entirely by doctors? There are many children with disabilities in the US whose parents would fight tooth and nail for their rights to life.

I don't believe it's the doctors calling the shots, more like the Barney Frank of Holland.

People in this country want the gubmint to run our healthcare. There will be limits set it is unavoidable. We (depending on your age) will probably never see such measures, but your kids? By then they probably won't care anyway because they will be paying so much just to pay the interest on what we have borrowed, any savings will be welcome.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:08 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Probably a good idea...unless it's your family member then you might have a different viewpoint.

Secondhand Smoke
(http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/secondhandsmoke/2009/06/20/save-money-by-killing-the-sick-euthanasia-as-health-care-cost-containment-not-such-a-parody-as-the-author-may-think/ - broken link)
We could call it post Birth abortion in order to save money

Old 06-23-2009, 02:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
I posted a thread about this last week. With the gubmint run healthcare system, will they force abortions if it is determined that the baby will have health issues resulting in future high costs of care?

We will have to set limits somewhere, we do not have unlimited resources. The only question is, how will the priorities be set and who will set them? A 70 year old granny or a 35 year old illegal?

It's the least we can do.
Quote:
I don't believe it's the doctors calling the shots, more like the Barney Frank of Holland.

People in this country want the gubmint to run our healthcare. There will be limits set it is unavoidable. We (depending on your age) will probably never see such measures, but your kids? By then they probably won't care anyway because they will be paying so much just to pay the interest on what we have borrowed, any savings will be welcome.
You may think you're cute with this "gubmint" stuff, but frankly, for me your posts lose all credibilty when you use that term.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:30 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
"Right to die" becomes "duty to die," how euthanasia in America begins: 'Right to die' can become a 'duty to die' - Telegraph

Expect more of that when the government runs all healthcare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies