Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:44 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
A western style of dress which people wear in the United States.

You only have to visit Germany or France to see what is happening in Europe.

I am in Europe often, there is an islam-ization taking place. And France should do all they can to ban that from happening.
You mean people are being forced to wear them? So, groups are going around using the threat of physical harm to force people to wear them? Why haven't people called to complain? Are there police reports of this forced assimilation?

As for the dress, who defines what is acceptable and what is not? If I wear parachute pants, will I be fined because I am out of culture? Will there be a culture police that goes around making sure that everyone has a stamp of government approval for their dress code?

What if the bloods win support and the new fashion comes out red with lots of people wearing it, will I be fined for wearing blue?

Starting to see a bit of silliness in this whole "We need to force them to wear what we think is acceptable" issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 01:46 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieFin View Post
Jews still have not assimilated. They are still a separate group, as evidenced by their own self-description as a minority group and one that deal with "anti-semitism". If they were French, how could there be "anti-semitism".

Not much you say holds up under scrutiny, it just shows your pro-jewish but anti-muslim bias and inconsistency. If Israel can control its racial composition, and deny Palestinians' (of the human race) civil rights, then France should enjoy those very same rights when it comes to controlling their Semites (arabs, jews).

Let's see ... Israel can control its Semite cousins the Palestinians, and deny them basic human rights....but the French cannot control its Semite population of Jews and Arabs similarly. That is the typical thought-process of the anti-White racist.
Israel, Palestine, France -- just what are you talking about?

All Jews are not Israelis and not all Israelis are religious Jew or even Jews for that matter.

I would say that Albert Einstein had more in common with Germany (his native country) then Israel or Saudi Arabia. The same would go for Isaac Isamov, Benny Goodman, Adam Horowitz, Ann Landers, or Bugsy Siegal.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:52 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
This post makes absolutely no sense.
Better hit the books then.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:11 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You mean people are being forced to wear them? So, groups are going around using the threat of physical harm to force people to wear them? Why haven't people called to complain? Are there police reports of this forced assimilation?

As for the dress, who defines what is acceptable and what is not? If I wear parachute pants, will I be fined because I am out of culture? Will there be a culture police that goes around making sure that everyone has a stamp of government approval for their dress code?

What if the bloods win support and the new fashion comes out red with lots of people wearing it, will I be fined for wearing blue?

Starting to see a bit of silliness in this whole "We need to force them to wear what we think is acceptable" issue?
Gang clothing is banned in areas of Los Angeles, which is why colors aren't as important as they used to be. And many simply sport oversized white tshirts and black dickies pants.

Also, it was a well known fact in the not so recent past that you avoid wearing certain colors in some areas of Los Angeles to avoid being in the crossfire of gang rivalry.

I know that schools impose a dress code on students for that reason in Los Angeles so no I don't think it's far fetched to not permit people to wear a full body shroud in public. It's not the western way if they want to wear a full body cloak then they can go back to where they came from and wear it there, or just wear it in their home.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:12 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Good for him.
For the first time ever, I agree with you. Normally all you do is promote hate, but this time, I am in complete agreement with you on this. Sarkozy is absolutely right.

Sarkozy says burqas are 'not welcome' - France- msnbc.com

Per his speech to France Parliament:

"In our country, we cannot accept that women be prisoners behind a screen, cut off from all social life, deprived of all identity," Sarkozy said to extended applause in a speech at the Chateau of Versailles southwest of Paris.

"The burqa is not a religious sign, it's a sign of subservience, a sign of debasement — I want to say it solemnly," he said. "It will not be welcome on the territory of the French Republic."

This is a victory to all seekers of freedom. Those poor women who are forced to wear those by their husbands and fathers should be celebrating.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:14 PM

769 posts, read 887,485 times

This is from a burqa advocacy group. The translation is "You can't stop them [rapists]." "But you can protect yourself."

If wearing the burqa were some fashion fad that Mulism wear liked to wear then it would be blatent facism for France to ban them, but when the root idea says that men are not accountable for their sexual urges if you are exposed, I find it oppressive, not culture.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:22 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,297,759 times
There was another post on this elsewhere.

The sight of burqas allows them to be identified by others (I don't necessarily mean this in a bad way). I don't think forcing them to abandon their style of dress will make them "assimilate".

But I do strongly believe in this: ALL faces must be revealed for government i.d. photos, no matter what it is!!! These incidents where women insisted on keeping their faces covered for drivers licenses, or whatever, is bull$hit.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:47 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,356 times
They say that everything in life eventually comes full circle. Guess we're going back to the Dark Ages now.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:52 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Better hit the books then.
Follow your own advice, pal.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:55 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,623,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
4% of their population is Muslim.
Actually, it is much higher. Many illegals and under counting in the various enclaves where Muslims live, even the police to not go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies