Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 12:06 PM

224 posts, read 378,188 times

Advertisements

Good for you Victorian Punk!

With the alarming rate that Obama is continuing Bush's illegal actions and raising the bar with his own lies everyone will have their own final straw. I commend you for accepting the truth.

I hope you will look into Libertarian and other 3rd party philosophy and stop accepting the lesser of two evils. The two party dictatorship in this country needs to be toppled. We need politicians who are willing to work within the constraints of the US Constitution and are interested in the well being of the people of this nation, not their own political aspirations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 12:07 PM

844 posts, read 2,101,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It's funny how the liberals are all up in arms about any kind of cigarettes but would support smoking all the dope you want.
I know right?!

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 06-22-2009 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: no attacks please

Old 06-22-2009, 12:10 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
More Americans disapprove (52%) than approve (46%) of the new law expanding the federal government’s power to regulate tobacco products

Gallup.Com - Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Government, Politics, Economics, Management

Old 06-22-2009, 12:12 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
The two party dictatorship in this country needs to be toppled. We need politicians who are willing to work within the constraints of the US Constitution and are interested in the well being of the people of this nation, not their own political aspirations.
Right on ... I couldn't have said it any better myself ..

Old 06-22-2009, 12:13 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
computer vomit? WTF are you talking about? I hate the smell of cloves, they make me want to vomit, like a human, not a computer.
(Think Cartman)

LIB FIGHT! LIB FIGHT! OH, MAH GAWD!

Old 06-22-2009, 12:19 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Why don't you take a deep breath and try to think logically about this for a moment.

This is a product that is a well-known carcinogenic and addictive drug, that is linked to the death of nearly half a million Americans every year. It is a product filled with chemicals that are ingested into the body. And because of that fact, regulation of it is now being moved to the Food and Drug Administration.

And that's where it ought to be!

No one's telling you that you can't smoke cigarettes. But you are going to be informed, the drugs and additives in it are going to be regulated and the deceptive practices used to entice children to start this addiction will be banned.

I fail to see why this is such a bad thing.

Jill, former 18 year smoker (seriously, you really ought to quit - it wreaks havoc on your body!).

Old 06-22-2009, 12:23 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
(Think Cartman)

LIB FIGHT! LIB FIGHT! OH, MAH GAWD!
Cartman Rocks ..

Old 06-22-2009, 12:24 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
The actual language of the bill bans any and all flavor of cigarret other then menthol (which taste like what computer vomit would taste like if computers could vomit)

Here is a better article which says it, point blank

Washington's Marlboro Men - WSJ.com
Clove cigarettes are not flavored. They are made from tobacco and cloves.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:24 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Today, Obama signed the single most fascist piece of legislation since the Patriot Act. An anti-smoking bill which bans any flavor in tobacco, including my cloves!
I believe it should be illegal to advertise or use any product like Tobacco, Alcohol, Marijuana or other drugs in any location where children may see.

That being said, it is absolutely ridiculous to BAN any substance if an adult wishes to poison their own body with it.

If I am an 18 year old and I walk into a smoke shop, I should be allowed to buy any flavor of cigarette, even if it's menthol, clove, Reefer or Phillip Morris Tobacco...

THIS IS A MAJOR REASON WHY I CAN NEVER SUPPORT THE DEMOCRATS.
There is no freedom if we have a nanny state telling us what we can and cannot put into our bodies. Coming from a man who smokes cigarettes and who has admitted to smoking marijuana and doing other drugs, it's absolutely pathetic that Obama would ever stand in the way of any smoker's rights.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:25 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,332,506 times
I am honestly for making cigarettes illegal, like pot, but I hate the way Obama is doing it.

Do it all at once, or don't do it, stop playing both sides of the fence. He kind of reminds me a certain flip-flopper.

-I support your right to bear arms, but I don't support your right to ammunition.
-I am a Christian, but Islam is the guiding light of the world.

Etc. Obama does nothing but talk out both sides of his mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies