Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree or disagree: Barack Obama is a dictator
Strongly agree 21 21.65%
Somewhat agree 16 16.49%
Neither agree nor disagree 3 3.09%
Somewhat disagree 4 4.12%
Strongly disagree 53 54.64%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 12:42 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times

Advertisements

somewhat agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 12:42 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
No, Obama is not a dictator.

But he is not what he billed himself to be and I will say that I am disapointed that its 'business as usual' in DC.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:44 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
I voted somewhat agree, but I think you are being a bit too easy here Finkie..

This man built his identity on CHANGE and transparency.. He has turned out to be just another authoritarian puppet of global financial oligarchs.

He is outbushing Bush and has trampled on our freedoms and civil liberties from day one.
Welcome to America.

Politicians lie and break promises to get elected and we've been under control of corporate oligarchs for decades. Change takes time, and expecting any major change to happen in 5 months is optimistic at best.

And I wouldn't say he's out-Bushing Bush. I'd say that thus far he's just continued with some of his policies, which is unfortunate.

Similarly Clinton and Bush 2 continued Reagan's economic policies and that's why we find ourselves in our current predicament.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:46 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmg1 View Post
One could argue that Obama's increasing use of czar's are similar to a dictatorship style. Obama has more czars than the Romanovs - who ruled Russia for 3 centuries.
Agreed, but this isn't particular to Obama. The czar position goes back to at least Reagan, from what I recall. There has been an executive branch power grab going on for quite some time.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:48 PM

527 posts, read 1,281,879 times
He's definitely getting there.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:51 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,010 times
Widdle Bear-wy-Boy Obama, was tho upthet latht week when he compwained about how doze bad, bad people at Fox News wouldn't toe da line and shill for his pwogwams de way dat dem fokes at NBC, MSNBC, ABC and CBS did.

Bear-wy was so mad at doze Fox boys for not lying to de pubwic de way dat Keef Obermann does (Keef will be wewarded when the storm troopers are organized and awl doze dirty, dirty wepubwekans will be put in fwont of a fiwing squad).

Awl of doze wealwy smart people who voted for Bear-wy Obama will be wewarded wiff highwer cwime wates in dere cities, and dey can all pwactice cawing Bawbwa Boxer, "Senator" instead of ma'am.

Widdle Bear-wy Boy Obama is hoping that you're not looking as he takes awl of your wights fwom you, but he knows that most of his voters are too stupid to care whether he is a fascist or not.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:57 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,689,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I believe he is making his moves to be a dictator.
I hope not. Cause Americans are armed with more than just rocks. We'll just flip him the finger and tell him to kiss off once we've had enough of his pompous self righteousness.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:00 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,521 times
Im about probably one of the most staunch conservatives on here, and this question is ludicrous.

Somebody needs to look up "dictator".

Old 06-22-2009, 01:02 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,776 times
lol why are republicans so stupid?

Old 06-22-2009, 01:03 PM

224 posts, read 378,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Welcome to America.

Politicians lie and break promises to get elected and we've been under control of corporate oligarchs for decades. Change takes time, and expecting any major change to happen in 5 months is optimistic at best.

And I wouldn't say he's out-Bushing Bush. I'd say that thus far he's just continued with some of his policies, which is unfortunate.

Similarly Clinton and Bush 2 continued Reagan's economic policies and that's why we find ourselves in our current predicament.

Maybe that is YOUR American, but I'm not so inclined to just sit back and let it slide. As long as we are plagued with attitudes like yours, things will never change.. We need to scream and shout when these hypocrites deceive us. THEY WORK FOR US!

Obama built his identity and marketing campaign on a promise of CHANGE and transparency.. He has lied about the specific things he campaigned on and he need to be held accountable...

Just as those social conservative dingbats who run on family values and then get caught with little boys or cheating on their wives deserve to be held to a higher standard, so does someone who represented himself as "THE CHANGE WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR"

He is out-bushing Bush... From wars in the Middle East, to back door energy and finance deals... From Illegal wire tapping and other infringements upon our privacy and civil liberties to expanding the nanny state to energy, cars, and soon enough health care and immigration...

He has his own Halliburton in GE and hired the head lobbyist for Ratheon to manage the Pentagon... This guy is more Bush than Bush ever could be and if we get out of his term(s) in one piece we will be lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies