Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Read below question:
Yes, I would care for someone elses mistake 8 15.09%
no, its not my responsibility...but still vote against abortion 9 16.98%
no, Leave the laws as they are 36 67.92%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:06 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You should just stop hiding behind your sexual orientation and become a conservative..
Yes, because only conservatives care about education. Give me a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 09:12 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
It is a fallacious argument called "False Choice", "False Dilemma", or the "either-or fallacy".

Other options are available, yet only two choices are offered in order to pigeon-hole the person into a position that supports the giver.
I think the point is to force these armchair Supreme Court Justices to consider honestly committing to what they say -- to imagine the reality of practicing what they preach.

The poster I was replying to had plenty of complaints...used up a lot of space...but didnt face the question posed in the OP.

Naturally.

Last edited by delusianne; 06-22-2009 at 09:20 PM..

Old 06-22-2009, 09:16 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
So you're asking those that vote against abortion to take on others' responsibilities, instead of asking those that GOT PREGNANT to be the responsible one?
It's not the American Way to hold one's self accountable for one's actions.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
So you would gladly adopt, or gladly directly pay for, your assigned child?

Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
no but we definitely make others accountable for their actions...ans some of our own.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:22 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
If they were to cast a vote today about making abortion illegal...

If you vote yes, you are required to take care of the unwanted children. The government will assign a child to a person that voted yes, you now must care for that child without help from the federal or local governments. They may even give you more than one as time goes by.

If you vote no, well you dont have to do anything...

how would you vote?

would you take on such a responsibility?
We took care of both the children we are responsible for. No one else's child is my responsibility, but they still should not have the right to snuff out a life just because it is inconvenient for them. If you don't want a child, then don't make one. When you get together with someone else and make a child, it is your responsibility. This is not a communist nation yet. Don't try to force your communist way of life on me.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:28 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Some see abortion as taking responsibility for their actions. Yes, it's your responsibility if you get pregnant, but people have sex without wanting babies. Cry cry and cry...but nothing will ever change that FACT.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:34 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Although I would like to adopt a child one day, I am currently not in any position where I can raise a child. I still believe that abortion is murder and would vote to make it illegal except in extreme cases: to save the mother's life and in rape cases.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
My sister and I both probably would have been aborted if abortion was legal when I was born. I've already adopted two children that were not "aborted", I think I've done my part to prove that I disagree with abortion..
I also could have easily been aborted but at least my biological mother was pro-life and carried me to term. I was since adopted into a loving family and I believe that these precious babies should be given the same opportunity at life.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
I have a theory that most pro life people only care about stopping an abortion...and after the child is born dont want to even bother. I say...if you vote pro-life...then you get to take care of that life.

alot of pro-lifers think its wrong for a woman to save herself over the fetus...and think that a raped woman should have to have a child if her rapist gets her pregnant.
These two extreme cases are valid reasons for abortion but a majority of them are performed as after-the-fact birth control which is wrong. I care what happens to the unwanted child and if I were in a position where I can adopt, believe me I would as I am an adoptee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies