Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Read below question:
Yes, I would care for someone elses mistake 8 15.09%
no, its not my responsibility...but still vote against abortion 9 16.98%
no, Leave the laws as they are 36 67.92%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 11:44 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Could always go with the trade in policy. Those seeking an abortion have their baby and we then exterminate them. No population increase, problem solved.
I do not know if you realize this, but roughly from the age of 0 to somewhere between 16-22 children are dependents. They are a burden on society and consume a great deal of resources without contributing much and are generally considered an asset to society in general more or less because they will eventually grow up, contribute and be an asset to society. That is why countries with large % of people under the age of 15 are generally pretty crappy.

When you execute a person seeking an abortion, but have the child that takes out of the labor pool a productive individual and introduces a dependent without a care giver. Do this often enough and eventually their will be a disproportionate amount of orphans who are wards of the state and a lower amount of productive individuals who have the education and skills and contribute to society immediately.

I hope you can see the problem in this approach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 11:51 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,832 times
I as well would love to one day adopt a child when I am married again and can afford it. I find it funny that people who want to adopt complain that their is a waiting list over a mile long...yeah, if you want a newborn or an infant...but no one wants a child that is over the age of 8...if people weren't so picky they would have a child. There are kids out in the system that are passed over who are just as deserving as any child...making abortion illegal would only add to this.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:51 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
So you would gladly adopt, or gladly directly pay for, your assigned child?
Are you saying that those who are against murder (which is what abortion really amounts to) are somehow responsible for the upbringing of the unwanted children? What about the mother and father? Are they somehow relieved of their responsibility just because they don't want the children?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:52 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Although I would like to adopt a child one day, I am currently not in any position where I can raise a child. I still believe that abortion is murder and would vote to make it illegal except in extreme cases: to save the mother's life and in rape cases.
I am not in the position where I can raise a child. Nor am I in the position to afford pre-natal vitamins, proper nutrition, and medical costs of pregnancy and delivery. Yet you would still deny me the ability to abort if both the pill and condom failed (doesn't happen often, but it does happen)?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I am not in the position where I can raise a child. Nor am I in the position to afford pre-natal vitamins, proper nutrition, and medical costs of pregnancy and delivery. Yet you would still deny me the ability to abort if both the pill and condom failed (doesn't happen often, but it does happen)?
Since you cannot afford the medical costs associated with pregnancy and delivery, an innocent baby's life gets snuffed out? There are resources that can assist you with those costs so abortion isn't the answer.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
By the way, if you are not ready to deal with a potential pregnancy, then you probably should think twice about having sex to begin with. As you had mentioned, birth control can fail.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:29 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,832 times
Quote:
Since you cannot afford the medical costs associated with pregnancy and delivery, an innocent baby's life gets snuffed out? There are resources that can assist you with those costs so abortion isn't the answer.
So heavier taxation and making me and other pay to support that child and its parent(s) is the answer?

And yes, you can say that I am more concerned with my money than a fetus...cause yes...its a fetus...depending on the stage of that fetus it is not a human in my opinion and the majority of the people.

I think that people should practice safe sex, however, we all know that this will not happen...people are careless with their actions and words.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:09 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
By the way, if you are not ready to deal with a potential pregnancy, then you probably should think twice about having sex to begin with. As you had mentioned, birth control can fail.
My parents were not in a financial position to have children for the first 6 years of their marriage. Furthermore, my mother was in a career where she could not be pregnant (teacher at a school for children with behavioral issues- she was regularly attacked) so adoption wouldn't have been an option. I guess that they should just have remained abstinent, right?

Old 06-23-2009, 02:42 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Are you saying that those who are against murder (which is what abortion really amounts to) are somehow responsible for the upbringing of the unwanted children? What about the mother and father? Are they somehow relieved of their responsibility just because they don't want the children?
see the OP.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:55 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
If you cant answer the OP's question just say so, dont be coy.
There's nothing to answer. It's a stupid liberal question meant to appease people like you.

Why do YOU think that those that got themselves in the position SHOULDN'T be responsible?

Why should it fall on the shoulders of those of us that make good decisions? Why can't people be responsible for themselves?

Cmon, don't be coy, answer the question.

And then get a life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies