Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:20 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I see math wasn't your strong point...
A majority of Americans that voted, that participate in polls, who voted for Congress etc..I'm sure you know every non-voting American personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I have a hard time believing that anyone would be so gullible, and then I read your post. It appears that you are the epitome of Obama-mania. Slow down, take a deep breath, and come to your senses. Just because Obama says it's imperative doesn't mean it needs to be done by 2pm tomorrow. How about a little free-thinking every now and then? Is that too much to ask of the Obamatrons?
Not an Obama freak, just a person willing to give a guy more than 5 months to fix a shet sandwhich. You ASSUME that these things were not thought out. You ASSUME that he doesn't know that the first BILL wont look like the last so lets get it rolling...Waiting for the other side to provide NO alternative does not aid the process. Like a 4 page health plan presented by Republicans in Congress didn't help there shot credibility.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I disagree. I believe they were sick of Bush's big government agenda and voted for something different. I think it's premature to believe those individuals were progressive in any fashion. Most progressives I know on campus were Obama voters in November and are dismayed at his foreign policy and aggressive nationalization of GM. They call themselves the "eat in voters" as they plan on sitting this one out in 2010, unless there is a very good third party candidate.
You have the right to disagree and I don't know what you hear on your campus. What was the alternative to GM? Nobody ever comes up with one that doesn't include thousands more unemployed.

Also, nearly 60% are still satisfied with Obama which is 6-7 pts higher than the percentage that voted for him.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Quick hint. 57 million isnt anywhere close to a majority of americans.
Quick hint, stop pretending like you don't know what I'm reffering to and pretending like we have a better measure of what Americans want than a national vote.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:30 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
57 million voted for it..A majority of Americans no longer believe in conservative ideology especially in its current wingnut form.
Incorrect, 57 million voted against the status quo, odd to see thats exactly what they got though ha?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:32 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
This is incredible..A President being critisized for aggresively pursuing his agenda. You can disagree with the agenda but to claim that he's rushing is disingenuous. We shouldn't rush into wars or rush into making broad proclamations about another countries election but we should damn sure fix the economy, healthcare and the environment. Obama laid this out during the election and he's trying to follow through. I'm sure he also knows that republicans in Congress will throw a monkey wrench into every plan so why not get the ball rolling. Americans just don't seem accustomed to a President aggressively pursuing the agenda he laid out.
Uh, I think the "rushing" part has to do with polls and the 2010 election.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
This isn't about a President receiving criticism for aggressively pursuing his agenda. This is a President who during his campaign chastized politicians' use of the "politics of fear" in order to pass their agenda, and here he is now, doing the very same thing. Just like how he jumped all over McCain's case for suggesting taxing medical benefits and now he's entertaining the same thing. He's a huge hypocrite. The push, push, push is all about making everything seem like a crisis and that the world is ending, so as to put fear and panic into people because when the people fear, they will give up some liberty for what they perceive to be security. He's taking advantage of TIME because it is of the essence while his honeymoon period is still intact. As time goes on and his policies prove to be disaterous, he'll have less credibility with people.
The push, push, push is to get Americans the things they need like healthcare and jobs as fast as they can. Also, you're right, you push the things that matter when the time is right not wrong. This is the time to do things that we should've done for years. The problem with Bush was, he pushed Americans to a false war because it was the right time after we had been softened up with boogeyman scare tactics, terror color code charts and Cheney spooking everybody into believing a Nuke was already in the air. Said war has NOT increased our safety, cost thousands of lives and BILLIONS of dollars in unneccesary spending. Pushing for health care reform and war are vastly different.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Uh, I think the "rushing" part has to do with polls and the 2010 election.
Ok..because you think it doesn't make it so.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Incorrect, 57 million voted against the status quo, odd to see thats exactly what they got though ha?

Which is it...One second he's far left, the next he's the same. What is it today?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:51 AM

486 posts, read 983,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
Why is this administration in such a hurry? Everything is touted as an "imperative" that must be addressed IMMEDIATELY or the sky will fall.

Healthcare, the environment, stimulus package, the economy must be handled IMMEDIATELY without delay,....without study,....without input from anyone other than the democrat sheeple who kiss the kings butt.

The government poured BILLIONS into GM and Chrysler,....and they are bankrupt anyway. Why not let them fail from the beginning?

Healthcare? What's the rush? It's no different than it was two decades ago. The economy is moving even without the "stimulus" earmarks and the billions wasted by the government.

It might be better to properly study a "perceived problem" before making changes that might make it worse. Let's slow down and do NOTHING for a while. The KING has three more years to ruin this nation. There's no need to do it in six months.

Apparently there is no way to make people who don't like the president happy. If he doesn't do something he promised people say he's stabbing us in the back and there is no change (hence he's a liar for running on the change platform). If he tries to fix things in a timely fashion, (and provide the change promised) he's on a hurry. What does it take? To wave a magic wand and fix it all? He's trying to fix this mess and he's done a lot to try to do it fast. I’m not going to say I agree with everything or that I’m an Obama fan, but I can say one thing, he’s dedicated to fixing this and fixing it fast! The ones who keep saying the sky is falling are the first ones to criticize every move he makes. Sounds like he can't make them happy no matter what he does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies