Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 08:22 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,624,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I would say yes.

A tyranical regime is behaving...well...tyranically. The most powerful and prestigous official in the world has spoken out and that puts the spotlight on the thugs and brings their actions further out into the view of the world. Rather than acquiese and remain timid, Obama has helped to insure that these thugs know others do not accept their actions as legitimate. He has helped to make their horrid behavior part of history. To remain silent indicates there is nothing to protest.

Slightly late in the game, but I applaud Obama. Well said Mr President. This right-wing, half-crazed, quasi-Neocon-who-never-voted-for-Bush salutes you.

oh dear. so sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 08:32 AM

13,631 posts, read 20,709,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
oh dear. so sad.

LOL! Sorry, but I must give credit where its due. Even Obama gets it right sometimes- and in this case after having failed at another approach.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:36 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,384,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
LOL! Sorry, but I must give credit where its due. Even Obama gets it right sometimes- and in this case after having failed at another approach.
Even though he got rid of his bust Obama has symbolized his quote, again:
Quote:
“You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

Old 06-24-2009, 08:45 AM

13,631 posts, read 20,709,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Even though he got rid of his bust Obama has symbolized his quote, again:

To be honest, that quote was the inspiration for my statement.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:59 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,884,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
America has acted as the "police" to the world for quite a while now. Does not make it right or smart.

America has the history of supporting liberty all over the world. Jimmy Carter had a problem with this and so does Barry.
So support it, but that does not mean invading another country because they had election issues, that is for them to descide, it is THEIR country, let THEM deal with it.
Casper

Old 06-24-2009, 09:00 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,884,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
well-said. He's a joke.
YOU did not elect him, the Majority of Americans did and are still glad they did.
Casper

Old 06-24-2009, 10:08 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
what will the Right ask now.....to bomb Iran?
I'm sure with the left now in charged, we will just sit back passively and allow Iran's Government to slaughter it's own people. Today on T.V., I heard an Iranian girl beg us for help. She was stating how Irans government thugs had just forced protesters off a bus, and then sent 500 of it's goons all dressed in black with clubs to beat them to pulps, and then tossed then over a bridge. Maybe Obama will raise his hand today and say present. If Iran treats it's own people in such a manner, how will Iran treat it enemies after it secures nukes? We could wait until they Bomb us. Yet one well placed Nuke in Washington, will end all debate. Just a few days ago, I got to hear Irans leaders chanting in an assembly. "Death to America, death to Israel, death to the British". We saw Hitler come to power years ago, we waited to act until it was almost to late. If Iran gets it's nukes. For many here in America, it will already be to late. If you do not learn from history, then you will repeat it.

A wise man once said, the only thing necessary for evil to triumph, is that good men do nothing.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 AM

315 posts, read 760,015 times
As far as I am concerned Obama said more than what he needed to say. And I still say as long as he is the american president then he should not feel the need to concern himself with iran and their people. And we still don't know if the election was rigged or if these people are just sore losers.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:16 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,070,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So what branch of the military did You serve in? You ready to fight and die for Iran? Sorry but we are not the worlds police nor is the unrest in Iran our business to deal with, it was their election and they need to sort the issue out without outsiders being involved.
Casper
Do we have our own shiny sheriff's badge? Nope. But who do you think the UN looks at when the world's problems need to be dealt with? It sure as hell isn't France, Germany, China, or Russia!

The whole 'we're not the world's police' is a very tired argument. The fact is, we ARE the world's police. The UN makes sure of that.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:26 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,384,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Do we have our own shiny sheriff's badge? Nope. But who do you think the UN looks at when the world's problems need to be dealt with? It sure as hell isn't France, Germany, China, or Russia!

The whole 'we're not the world's police' is a very tired argument. The fact is, we ARE the world's police. The UN makes sure of that.
Or no one else is capable of it. Certainly many don't want to be culpable for it. Many place themselves above it and even more ignore what bad apples do to the rest of the bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies