Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:03 AM

1,054 posts, read 2,147,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
The Arabs and Hindus had just as much involvement in the origin of math.
We are not talking of the origins of math, only its advancement. The best "practitioners" and innovators upon mathematics tended to be either white or jew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

14,975 posts, read 16,393,803 times
To those of you who say this question was poorly worded or who have said I'm implying that most people assume Republicans are racists, I offer a bit of a background. I started the thread in response to another thread on which a poster was suggesting that virtually all red parts of the country are rural areas in the South where the vast majority of whites are racists.

I never meant to imply that most people assume all or most Republicans are racists; perhaps I should have said "some people" instead of simply "people."

1,359 posts, read 2,285,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomstudent View Post

try doing calculus in roman numerals and see how that works out.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:05 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,428,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Are you kidding. The number system we use with its near perfect ability to relate complex problems in a simple form along with the concept of zero are all East Indian innovations.

Try doing calculus in roman numerals and see how that works out.

Forget Calculus, just try division:

MMCCCXXVIII/XXIV

Old 06-24-2009, 12:07 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,285,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittaniFox View Post

It's just amazing what some people have been taught to believe that their own eyes and history can easily refute.
or ignore posts that prove you wrong...

Old 06-24-2009, 12:07 AM

1,054 posts, read 2,147,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Are you kidding. The number system we use with its near perfect ability to relate complex problems in a simple form along with the concept of zero are all East Indian innovations.

Try doing calculus in roman numerals and see how that works out.
No one disputes that others have made contributions, but by and large, most of the best mathematicians have been, like I said, white or jewish. Thats the point and I think some of you are missing it.

Jews especially Ashkenazi jews seem to have been very keen innovators in all sorts of fields. Not the least of which mathematics.

I'm a black guy, and my goal is to surpass them one day.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:09 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,428,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
No one disputes that others have made contributions, but by and large, most of the best mathematicians have been, like I said, white or jewish. Thats the point and I think some of you are missing it.

Jews especially Ashkenazi jews seem to have been very keen innovators in all sorts of fields. Not the least of which mathematics.

I'm a black guy, and my goal is to surpass them one day.
I'm hispanic with a Math Major and you should read History of Mathematics by H.A. Freebury.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:09 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,351,321 times
Quote:
That's just retarded. If everyone is from the same ancestor, then why did Australian aboriginals live as did Europeans from 100,000 years before, when the 19th Century Europeans showed up there, after sailing the entire globe to get there? Why did the cradle of civilization, Africa, not even invent the wheel when European man explored it?

Some people are living in la-la land. Celebrate diversity, but please don't deny it. People spend more time admiring dog breeds but denying human diversity, it's just pathetic.

It's just amazing what some people have been taught to believe that their own eyes and history can easily refute.
You should read Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs and Steel he explains all of that. Essentially trade as well as the availability of certain domestic animals allowed these advantages. Essentially early agracultural society is near impossible without some kind of beast of burden whether it be the oxen, horse, bull, or water buffalo. That and trade are more or less why Eurasia developed so quickly.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:10 AM
pba

410 posts, read 914,263 times
Quote:
That's just retarded. If everyone is from the same ancestor, then why did Australian aboriginals live as did Europeans from 100,000 years before, when the 19th Century Europeans showed up there, after sailing the entire globe to get there? Why did the cradle of civilization, Africa, not even invent the wheel when European man explored it?

Some people are living in la-la land. Celebrate diversity, but please don't deny it. People spend more time admiring dog breeds but denying human diversity, it's just pathetic.

Please tell me you NEVER plan on having kids.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:13 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,351,321 times
Quote:
Greeks calculated the circumference of the Earth. Did the East Indians do that?
They screwed it up too. That is why Columbus thought the Asia was only a hop skip and a jump across the Atlantic.

As to the Chinese they invented the compass, knew the difference between true and magnetic north and explored much of the Pacific and Indian oceans before Columbus.

As to the Indians they were the first to discover and record exponential growth curves. Would that be good enough for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies