Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 09:09 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I guess that's so private he can't leave a post-it note on the fridge for his wife. ( do they even talk? )

Bizarre.
Not at all bizarre, I've been known to fly to other countries and not tell my fiance where I'm going, she left the house 10 minutes ago, no clue where she was going, its called trust..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 09:25 AM

297 posts, read 349,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not at all bizarre, I've been known to fly to other countries and not tell my fiance where I'm going, she left the house 10 minutes ago, no clue where she was going, its called trust..
The only difference, of course, is that neither you nor your wife are in charge of running an entire STATE.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
The only difference, of course, is that neither you nor your wife are in charge of running an entire STATE.
And people are entitled to time off. Even Obama runs off to other states for dinner

Old 06-23-2009, 09:30 AM

297 posts, read 349,111 times
Quote:
And people are entitled to time off. Even Obama runs off to other states for dinner
That's true. It may have been, oh, I don't know, responsible of him to drop a quick call to the LT. Governor?

Last edited by equality4all; 06-23-2009 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-23-2009, 09:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
This has been addressed, but I'll repeat, everyone in a professional job has to "sign off" when they go hiking naked.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
This has been addressed, but I'll repeat, everyone in a professional job has to "sign off" when they go hiking naked.
Not true at all, that would be the responsible thing to do, but they arent "required" to let people know where they are 24 hours a day.

No different than if the man had taken his wife to NYC for dinner one day, he doesnt have to let everyone know where he's at.. The only thing mysterious about this is that he didnt tell his wife his location but there is a chain of command for all "professional jobs" for that very reason.

If you cant reach #1 in charge, you go to #2, just because #2 doesnt know where #1 is, doesnt mean they cant make a decision without checking in first.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:44 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
"I cannot take lightly that his staff has not had communication with him for more than four days, and that no one, including his own family, knows his whereabouts," said Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer.
Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports - AP Featured News - Spokesman: SC governor hiking Appalachian Trail*
This is just weird. I understand needing some time away once in a while, but, most people don't just walk away from their responsibilities without a word, particularly when your job is a rather important one.
I hope for his family's sake that the governor is well, but, the evidence, sadly, seems to suggest otherwise.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:05 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Not true at all, that would be the responsible thing to do, but they arent "required" to let people know where they are 24 hours a day.

No different than if the man had taken his wife to NYC for dinner one day, he doesnt have to let everyone know where he's at.. The only thing mysterious about this is that he didnt tell his wife his location but there is a chain of command for all "professional jobs" for that very reason.

If you cant reach #1 in charge, you go to #2, just because #2 doesnt know where #1 is, doesnt mean they cant make a decision without checking in first.
I'm not sure how you know all the job requirements of the gov. of S. Carolina. I'm pretty sure you don't live there? When I go on vacation, I don't need to tell anyone where I am, but I do need to let them know I won't be at work. In my case that means applying for vacation time and getting it approved. In his case, that would mean telling #2 that he was going naked hiking.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:18 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I guess we shouldn't be too surprised that a man who cares so little for children that he wouldn't think it important that they have safe schools and useable text books would not give much thought to his own 4 little children.
The SC Governor has nothing whatsoever to do with children having safe schools and usable textbooks.

Those are issues of South Carolina school districts.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:04 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,630,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
See? What did I tell you? The Lefties are trying to make a big deal out of this.

I'm almost as good as Rush in predicting leftist talking points and pseudo-scandals.
yep, I KNEW that would happen. Next thing you know, they'll be calling for him to step down.

If he were a lib, they'd have one excuse after another, however.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies