Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 10:37 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Recent Gallup poll:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
You do know that 40% is not "most Americans"???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
can you say Teaparty this is not the black indian thread

Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
then that makes barry like what? the 9th "black" president?
I wouldn't doubt that past Presidents had black blood but they sure didn't claim it and there is no way to prove it..so Mr. Obama is the First Black President.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
can you say Teaparty this is not the black indian thread
Answering another posters comment on this thread. Relax, we wont forget about your little costume party.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:46 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I wouldn't doubt that past Presidents had black blood but they sure didn't claim it and there is no way to prove it..so Mr. Obama is the First Black President.

check out the biography of warren harding. mr. obama? you mean barry? you have accepted the spoon fed media idea that barry is black. we, as a society, are so self important, that we must have been part of this "historic" event.

I laugh. liberals just can't accept the fact that history happened without them.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:48 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
The solution is to let the market take its course, allow companies to buy up GM assets and begin a new car company, etc

Just because you don't like the proposed solution, doesn't mean it doesn't qualify as a solution.

Hoover didn't allow the liquidation of companies during the depression, and that allowed populism to elect FDR and make matters far worse.
That's why we had an election and you lost. Hoover let the market run it's course for two years and thats why we had a great depression. Populism is what? You're right though people didn't elect FDR because they couldn't feed there families, they just felt unpopular not having a job. I guess he was reelected three times because of populism.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:48 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
WOW!!! 1,273 cities are signed up. Impressive.

If they are as successful as the April 15 Teabags gatherings, each city will be overrun with 10-20 (4 or 5?) protestors each!!! Bring out the Guard, crowd control is essential!!!!

Well let me see here 10-20 or maybe 4 or 5 .people should not under estamate the power of 4 or 5 people ! just think what 1 or 2 Beavers can do when they decide to block a river. 1 tree at a time untill the job is done . the same go fo this endever , add one voice at a time untill the noise is deafining and it get's noticed.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:51 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
That's why we had an election and you lost. Hoover let the market run it's course for two years and thats why we had a great depression. Populism is what? You're right though people didn't elect FDR because they couldn't feed there families, they just felt unpopular not having a job. I guess he was reelected three times because of populism.

FDR was a dictator.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:52 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Answering another posters comment on this thread. Relax, we wont forget about your little costume party.
it is not a little costume party . why must people like you always put down other peoples efforts when they truly believe in what they they are standing for.nothing would ever have been accomplished in our great country if we had people like you in our way at every turn. oh wait we did but that never stopped us just a little hiccup. carry on

Old 06-24-2009, 10:52 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
sry cant make it, got better things to do like watch paint dry.

ohh and when you accepted to live in this country you accepted to be governed and taxed so get over it or move to Monte Carlo

One of the stupidest post I've ever seen on CD. Not really sure where to begin on this one. Oh, I know.....

LII: Constitution
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies