Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 02:50 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,293,816 times

Advertisements

For those keeping score that home, President Obama's middle name is Hussein
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 02:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,309,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Yeah right.
Once the tea-baggers have assembled it would be interesting for the hosts to pose the question: what should be done about the economy, healthcare, and other problems.
Silence would reign as they all stand around, hands in their pockets, and shifting uncomfortably from one leg to the other.
The tea-baggers, and conservatives, have no solutions to any problems. Maybe it's doubtful that they would consider rising unemployment and foreclosures as problems. Everything was fine and wonderful until Obama took office.
I see, from your last statement that you agree with me about Obama. I am kidding, of course. I nearly bit my tongue off because I had it so far in my cheek.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,309,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I've never seen 1/2 black on the census or any application in my life What about a 1/3, 1/4, 1/8...Very stupid. Nobody claims half of the bad ones but boy do folks want half of Obama.
Do you know that one who can prove at least 1/8 Native American blood in his veins can go to college for free ( well books and tuition)?

Old 06-24-2009, 02:57 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,597,500 times
Wow..the left wing loonies really get their panties twisted when you mention tea parties..I guess they are really afraid of what is going to happen in 2010..bye bye Pelosi and Reed...

Old 06-24-2009, 03:10 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,480,239 times
Where were all these tea baggers for the last eight years? Why weren't you tea baggin' or stapling tea bags to your heads during that spending spree? Where were you when Bush used tax payer money to prop up Wall Street (to the tune of billions) or when he expanded Medicare? Wasted TRILLIONS in the middle east over an unnecessary war? Awarded no bid contracts to his pals in Iraq?

Where were all you teabaggers then? Where were you???

This is what makes them look so ridiculous as either excuse is equally shameful. You're either a totally hypocrite or plain old stupid.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:11 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,098,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Wow..the left wing loonies really get their panties twisted when you mention tea parties..I guess they are really afraid of what is going to happen in 2010..bye bye Pelosi and Reed...

Oh yes, the tax tea protest scares the h*ll out of them. I love it!

Old 06-24-2009, 03:11 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,381,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I don't really sense any outrage over the "tea parties" themselves. I do find it interesting that nobody cared about massive deficit spending until just recently.

Don't get me wrong - the whole bailout business sucks, but so did the events that led up to it. Naturally our money is going to go in part to fattening the bank accounts of corporate fatcats who feel entitled to millions of dollars despite their failure. But it's also doing something to keep the foundation of the economy from collapsing. The only real alternative I've heard is to do nothing.

On the off chance anyone knows how to converse with the dead, ask Herbert Hoover how well doing nothing turned out.
The Dems got too brazen with their antics and woke the people up.

Not defending the GOP - the Dems & GOP have basically been on the same path for years.

Think the Dems thought they would look like heroes to We The People so they came out with guns blasting.

Over the past few decades at least, The Silent Majority of We The People have just quietly kept on working, paying their taxes and gone along simply grumbling amongst themselves about the actions of the Feds. They have been good sheep and the Feds (Dems & GOP) have done as they pleased, normally pretty quietly they have built what they saw best for The People.

Then the Dems slapped us across the face with their actions, all within a short period of time -- the wild spending, the bailouts, forcing healthy banks to take bailout money, the takeover of GM, coercing a private citizen to resign from his job, the antics with the bonuses in the stimulus, and the list goes on and on.

They thought they would be seen as heroes. The Feds are pretty far removed from the common man plus all they ever hear from is special interest groups.

What they did not expect is that the silent We The People would actually start to speak out.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:20 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,381,273 times
Recent Gallup poll:

Quote:
Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. “Conservatives” Are Single-Largest Ideological Group

Old 06-24-2009, 03:31 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,098,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Recent Gallup poll:

Truth confuses them and interfers with their propaganda.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:51 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,464,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Dodd to lets not leave him out. He is in trouble in his home state lets hope they remember that come voting time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies