Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 02:31 PM

26,171 posts, read 48,888,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
Speaking of corpses, I am still shocked that you people haven't actually disinterred Reagan up and put him on the ticket yet. You might as well, as often as he is referenced.

Reagan/Nixon 2012!
A hit movie too! Weekend at Bernie's, part three, with Ronnie Raygun and Tricky Dicky.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 02:37 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,564,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
The republican party is dead, it will never be resurrected in our lifetime I'm sure....
I wouldn't get your hopes up. The same could have been said about the Dems a few years ago. The Dems will hang themselves eventually just like the Republicans did. Neither side can help it.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:47 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,904,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
you know what I find funny? the fact that barry has been president for a few months, and is already considered to be one of the biggest idiots in the history of this planet. good luck running in 2012 after a full term.
The only people that consider him that are you sore losers. If the Repubs don't get their act together they are going no where, which would be bad for America.
Casper

Old 06-24-2009, 03:29 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,973,597 times
Default Dead!!

Their (Republicans) candidates are fading fast.

I guess they cannot say we stand for family values now! Huh!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 03:32 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,444,835 times
Whoever runs in 2012 won't be any of the clowns you see today. It has to be somebody dynamic and not of this ilk. They are all hate ridden carbon copies of one another at this point, none of which could beat Obama.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:26 PM

8,307 posts, read 38,721,749 times
Quote:
The republican party is dead, it will never be resurrected in our lifetime I'm sure....
Rush Limbaugh said the same thing about the democratic party after the mass exodus of Democratic congressmen (including DASCHLE) during W's first term mid-term elections (or was it the Kerry-W year? I forget).

At any rate, you're not as foolish as Limbaugh, are you?

Old 06-24-2009, 04:49 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
not really. I am not a palin fan at all. she's a ditz. so right there, your theory has been destroyed.
Soooo.... If Palin wins the GOP Primary, who ya going to vote for?

Old 06-24-2009, 06:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,570,693 times
Quote:
Yeah, sure, it will be interesting to see if anybody will be writing like that above after the 2010 congressional elections are over.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:01 PM

26,171 posts, read 48,888,485 times
Fading away...that giant flushing sound we hear...fading ... fading ....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:02 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,262,371 times
Default Republican "hopefulls", in 2009?

Does the left need to bee reminded that this is 2009, and not 2010 or 2011?

Did the Democrats already have "hopefuls" for 2004 this soon after GW's election in 2000? I don't remember any, and no one was talking about anyone at that time.

Lets get real; it is still way to early to be speculating on who will be the Republican candidates for 2012.

But to play your game:
Sara Palin still rocks the house every time she speaks. Reports are that she "brought it down" in the recent event (that she was supposedly "invited to, then uninvited, then invited again" or some such story.

She has the ability to "rally the troops", she is articulate, she is smart, and she knows what's good for America (in other words, she is "pro-America" first and foremost, unlike most Democrat/"Progressive or Liberal" (pick your label). And, her foreign policy thinking is miles ahead of Obama's. It shows that a governor of a State trumps a "community organizer" (especially one from ACORN), which was Obama's qualification claim.

Reports in the so-called "liberal" media outlets that Republicans don't like her (the leadership) are baseless. Yes, there are a few. But what counts is how the public (those of us who call ourselves conservatives out here in the world) perceive her. By-and-large, they love her. That is why she was able to rake in millions for the Republicans during the McCain/Palin campaign, which was experiencing declining donations prior to Palin's entrance on the scene.

Some of the others mentioned (Newt) are not contenders anyway, and neither was the N. Carolina governor (at least not as far as I can tell. I didn't know who he was until this "scandal" broke).

There is still plenty of time for a "star" to appear. All this negative talk right now is only wishful thinking on the part of Democrats, who must be wondering by now what they have gotten themselves into with Obama.

Jimmy Carter II. Without a doubt. Disaster for America, and for the Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies