Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:00 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times

Advertisements

Perhaps the US has picked a side, but it is not necessarily inside Iran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 11:59 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
REP for you!

They left cannot stand it that Obama screwed up bigtime and will go down in history as the divider who had a chance to help a country become free.

He has shown the world he is weak and cannot make a good decision to save his a**.

Maybe we can trade those freedom fighters for our liberals here, we would end up with good people and get rid of some dirty wasteful laundry.
At least we would have a new group of people who would stand up for their country instead of destroying it like our liberals are here in America.

Yes, because American arm-chair political scientists know much, much better than the Iranians themselves what is best for Iran. Never mind that the Iranians and Iranian-Americans are deeply grateful for Obama's restraint. If you--and Hannity and Coulter--think Obama should be shooting off his mouth to show how "tough" he is, then that's really what should be done.

One of you need to school Reza Aslan, who said "Thank you God for President Barack Obama. I think he has played this perfectly."

Iran Uprising Live-Blogging (Thursday June 25)

Old 06-25-2009, 12:56 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Let us know when this becomes a real person. Has it ever occurred to you that the person(s) sending this message out could actually be the current Iranian government? Do you believe everything you hear as long as they say what you want? From where I sitting I have no idea who you are. How do I know that you are not acting on behalf of the current Iranian government?
Are you ****ing serious?
You are insanely comical.

I'll start calling you Orly, in recognition of your supreme logic.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:28 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Mohammad: Americans, European Union, international community, this government is not definitely — is definitely not elected by the majority of Iranians. So it’s illegal. Do not recognize it. Stop trading with them. Impose much more sanctions against them. My message…to the international community, especially I’m addressing President Obama directly – how can a government that doesn’t recognize its people’s rights and represses them brutally and mercilessly have nuclear activities? This government is a huge threat to global peace. Will a wise man give a sharp dagger to an insane person? We need your help international community. Don’t leave us alone.[/quote]

Cool, done.

We don't have diplomatic relations with Iran, so there is no recognition. Check!

We have imposed trade sanctions against Iran since 1987 (well except for that little arms deal). Check!

Sanctions, we've sanctioned Iran up the whazooo! Check!

Anything else you can think of?

Oh, yeah, some high sounding rhetoric from a empty suit teleprompter reader that folks are always seem to be complaining about. We'll think about it.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:24 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Oh please. Obama is responsible for the Iranian uprising? Obama is responsible for the North Korean threat? LMAO

Pray tell: How could Obama have stopped the Iranian uprising? And I assume you are suggesting that North Korea was no threat before January 2009?
Obama has been going around apologizing for America to all our enemies, and our allies. This is a sign of weakness to them. They know that he will do nothing to thwart their plans for nukes, nor "meddle" in their affairs, no matter whether human rights issues, or fair and honest elections (of course the Democrats have never been ethical or "fair" where elections are concerned, doing whatever it takes, legal or illegal to see that Democrats, not Republicans win — most recent example: Al Franken. And do we really need to revisit Florida, 2000 or Ohio, 2004?).

Obama's weakness emboldens our enemies. I seriously doubt that N. Korea would have been testing Bush in the way that they are testing Obama.

Say I'm wrong if you want to; but, I'm not the only one that believes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Also: "On the other hand, Republicans know that this is the time that a leader needs to be strong, and use strong language, as well as suggestions of intervention with military might (Iraq style? Maybe. It was an unmitigated success, and Iraqis are better off)."

I believe we heard all this macho, chest-thumping, cowboy rhetoric before--as our economy was tanking. An adolescent foreign policy, at best.
Our economy wasn't "tanking" until after the election when Obama started flexing his muscles and talking about his agenda. I can tell you from personal experience, as a self employed person, that business totally went in the dumpster after the election. That was definitely a defining date. People were suddenly scared, when he started opening his mouth, even from the first few days after the election.

Not only that, but what we were experiencing last summer and fall were still the results of Democrat housing policies (The CRA of the 1970's, and expanded under Clinton in the '90's are the reason for the mortgage/banking scandal/crisis. None of this has anything to do with Bush, or the Republicans, who repeatedly tried to warn and convince Democrats that the crash was coming (documented — I don't care what Barney Frank says; he is on record too, defending both their policies, and Freddie and Fannie).

Obama has taken a bad situation and multiplied it by orders of magnitude (powers of 10) so that now our economy is indeed in serious trouble. What we have here today is all Obama's doing, and he worsens the situation day by day. There is nothing good coming out of this administration. Nothing. Even Warren Buffet said our economy was a complete mess (I forget his exact words), and he is a man that supported Obama!

This administration is an unmitigated disaster, and getting worse every day.

I said last summer, that if Obama were elected, we were in for some tough times. I wasn't the only one saying it. Well, ... guess what?

Do you like your "hope and change"? How's it working for you? How's business? Do you still have a job? How are your family finances doing? Are they all in fine shape and doing much better now under Obama?

And, if "Cap and Trade" passes, tomorrow ... forget it. America is history.

By-the-way, at least one Democrat President that I know of was a "cowboy". Lyndon Johnson. Is there something wrong with a rancher being a President? A rancher is probably more in touch with average Americans than a Chicago thug.

Ronald Wilson Reagan, probably the best President in modern history, and easily the most popular and best loved, was also a rancher (in addition to being a former actor).

It is childish to refer to Bush as a "cowboy" if your purpose is to deride him. There is nothing wrong with ranchers. They are the epitome of true American.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:31 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
REP for you!

They left cannot stand it that Obama screwed up bigtime and will go down in history as the divider who had a chance to help a country become free.

He has shown the world he is weak and cannot make a good decision to save his a**.

Maybe we can trade those freedom fighters for our liberals here, we would end up with good people and get rid of some dirty wasteful laundry.
At least we would have a new group of people who would stand up for their country instead of destroying it like our liberals are here in America.
Based on the reports we've been hearing now, I think Obama has innocent blood on his hands. Things might have been different if he had taken a strong position with Iran, and not wated for some days after the elections to make a statement about the obvious.

But, he's a Democrat. That's their way (rigging elections). He was probably secretly applauding it, till the public outcry.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:40 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Obama has been going around apologizing for America to all our enemies, and our allies. This is a sign of weakness to them. They know that he will do nothing to thwart their plans for nukes, nor "meddle" in their affairs, no matter whether human rights issues, or fair and honest elections (of course the Democrats have never been ethical or "fair" where elections are concerned, doing whatever it takes, legal or illegal to see that Democrats, not Republicans win — most recent example: Al Franken. And do we really need to revisit Florida, 2000 or Ohio, 2004?)."

Obama has not "been going around apologizing for America to all our enemies." He has apologized for outrageous aggressive behavior on the part of the Bush government. Big difference.

You can't possibly know what the leaders of those countries think.

The Supreme Court of Minnesota determined that Franken won. If you have information that has been hidden from them, perhaps you should share it?

Florida, 2000: Stolen election.

"Obama's weakness emboldens our enemies. I seriously doubt that N. Korea would have been testing Bush in the way that they are testing Obama."

Obama's strength emboldens democracy. Whatever your own personal "doubts."

"Say I'm wrong if you want to; but, I'm not the only one that believes this."

Well, it's certainly true that you're not the only one who actually believes this.

"Our economy wasn't "tanking" until after the election when Obama started flexing his muscles and talking about his agenda. I can tell you from personal experience, as a self employed person, that business totally went in the dumpster after the election. That was definitely a defining date. People were suddenly scared, when he started opening his mouth, even from the first few days after the election."

It's delusional to think that the economy wasn't tanking before Obama took office. The opposite is widely acknowledged from both sides of the political spectrum. Your personal experience notwithstanding. And the only people who were "scared, when he started opening his mouth" were the nutjob rightwingers.

"Not only that, but what we were experiencing last summer and fall were still the results of Democrat housing policies (The CRA of the 1970's, and expanded under Clinton in the '90's are the reason for the mortgage/banking scandal/crisis. None of this has anything to do with Bush, or the Republicans, who repeatedly tried to warn and convince Democrats that the crash was coming (documented — I don't care what Barney Frank says; he is on record too, defending both their policies, and Freddie and Fannie)."

Yes, none of our economic problems have anything to do with Bush or the Republicans. Right-o.

"Obama has taken a bad situation and multiplied it by orders of magnitude (powers of 10) so that now our economy is indeed in serious trouble. What we have here today is all Obama's doing, and he worsens the situation day by day. There is nothing good coming out of this administration. Nothing. Even Warren Buffet said our economy was a complete mess (I forget his exact words), and he is a man that supported Obama!"

Powers of 10, eh? How'd do you arrive at that number?

Yes, the state of the economy is "all Obama's doing." Warren Buffet was saying that before Obama got elected.

"This administration is an unmitigated disaster, and getting worse every day."

No, it's not. No matter how many times you, and the other FOX channel followers, screech that it is.

"I said last summer, that if Obama were elected, we were in for some tough times. I wasn't the only one saying it. Well, ... guess what?"

Obama himself said that we would be in for some "tough times." No news there.

"Do you like your "hope and change"? How's it working for you? How's business? Do you still have a job? How are your family finances doing? Are they all in fine shape and doing much better now under Obama?"

The "hope and change" is working just fine for me, thanks. Yes, I still have a job. Yes, my family finances are fine. About the same under Obama as under Bush.

"And, if "Cap and Trade" passes, tomorrow ... forget it. America is history."

America is history if cap and trade doesn't pass--and much, much more stringent environmental restraints are needed. Obama is too conservative on this issue. Anyone who thinks there is no environmental crisis is delusional and blinded by political ideology.

"By-the-way, at least one Democrat President that I know of was a "cowboy". Lyndon Johnson. Is there something wrong with a rancher being a President? A rancher is probably more in touch with average Americans than a Chicago thug."

What do you know about Johnson? He wasn't "more in touch" with anybody, and was a thug himself. I'm from Texas, you're not.

"Ronald Wilson Reagan, probably the best President in modern history, and easily the most popular and best loved, was also a rancher (in addition to being a former actor)."

Reagan initiated the beginning of the end of this nation. An anti-environmental deregulator, who stripped social programs that sent whole families into living on the streets. The post-Bush sanctification of Ronald Reagan is frigging hilarious.

"It is childish to refer to Bush as a "cowboy" if your purpose is to deride him. There is nothing wrong with ranchers. They are the epitome of true American."
Spare me. What do you know about cowboys? They are NOT "the epitome of true American." Been taking talking points from Ms. Psychopath Palin on who the "true Americans" are?

Old 06-25-2009, 07:26 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Based on the reports we've been hearing now, I think Obama has innocent blood on his hands. Things might have been different if he had taken a strong position with Iran, and not wated for some days after the elections to make a statement about the obvious.

But, he's a Democrat. That's their way (rigging elections). He was probably secretly applauding it, till the public outcry.

I am thinking he loves the government cracking down on the people. Afterall that is what he is doing here with us. Trying to control us in every way is what the moron Obama is all about.

So yes, he is in the back room having a celebration because he thrives to see the government controlling people like Iran is.

That is what Obama wants with us, total control.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:32 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
I am sure all the people being butchered in Terhan appreciate his restraint. We wouldn't want to condem murder too harshly.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:40 PM

5 posts, read 5,353 times
Protestors against mullahs = democracy and freedom
Protestors against Israeli occupation = terrorists

The Neocons nd the Israel Lobby are a joke.

The USA is merely Israel's proxy in their fight against Iran and Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies