U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-24-2009, 10:40 PM
 
4,516 posts, read 4,537,374 times
Reputation: 1547

Advertisements

Last week Congress passed the war supplemental appropriations bill. In an affront to all those who thought they voted for a peace candidate, the current president will be sending another $106 billion we don’t have to continue the bloodshed in Afghanistan and Iraq, without a hint of a plan to bring our troops home.

International Bailout Brings Us Closer to Economic Collapse by Rep. Ron Paul -- Antiwar.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-25-2009, 06:27 AM
 
8,175 posts, read 12,031,332 times
Reputation: 2886
What is Obama supposed to do? He cannot take the troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq prematurely. If he were to do so, that would leave unimaginable chaos and would lead to a bigger problem for the US later.

No, we have to stay until we can rectify the mess that W made. This cannot be laid at Obamas feet.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2009, 09:01 AM
 
12,436 posts, read 11,312,329 times
Reputation: 3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
What is Obama supposed to do? He cannot take the troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq prematurely. If he were to do so, that would leave unimaginable chaos and would lead to a bigger problem for the US later.

No, we have to stay until we can rectify the mess that W made. This cannot be laid at Obamas feet.
You obviously did not read the article.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2009, 10:11 AM
 
Location: PA
5,561 posts, read 5,407,627 times
Reputation: 1956
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Last week Congress passed the war supplemental appropriations bill. In an affront to all those who thought they voted for a peace candidate, the current president will be sending another $106 billion we don’t have to continue the bloodshed in Afghanistan and Iraq, without a hint of a plan to bring our troops home.

International Bailout Brings Us Closer to Economic Collapse by Rep. Ron Paul -- Antiwar.com

This is an example of Ron Paul at his best and just goes to show Washington has lost it's mind.

Ron Paul 2012.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2009, 08:18 PM
 
4,516 posts, read 4,537,374 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
What is Obama supposed to do? He cannot take the troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq prematurely. If he were to do so, that would leave unimaginable chaos and would lead to a bigger problem for the US later.

No, we have to stay until we can rectify the mess that W made. This cannot be laid at Obamas feet.
'Rectify the mess'? I don't think so. Did 'Vietnamization' work? Neither will 'Iraqization'. Wherever we meddle we cause untold misery and destruction. Millions of Vietnamese, Cambodians, now Iraqis and Afgans. The best solution is to leave and let the people work it out without us. They have for centuries before America existed and will do so again. The only involvement we shoud have would be to give money to compensate in some way for the destruction we visited upon them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2009, 08:27 PM
 
48,503 posts, read 91,964,686 times
Reputation: 18227
He juts like so many other things just made rpomises to get elected. Watch the middle class taxes go up or things be passed on tot ehm. Starting with cap and trade.Then health care cost.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2009, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Houston, Texas
10,444 posts, read 47,767,796 times
Reputation: 10573
How disgusting. I dont care and the vast majority of Americans DO NOT care if they all kill eachother off over there or anywhere. It is none, NONE of our business yet we continue to make it our business by butting in everyone elses business. Why do you think Canada is so neutral? They keep to themselves and mind their own damn business. No one hates Canada. Everyone hates America.

Who cares of there is kaos there? Who cares if they have power struggles? The way most of us see it is as they kill eachother off the world will be a safer place.

We have our own hungry, homeless, poor, sick, senior citizens, unemployed, people losing their homes, and all kinds of needy people right here in the good ol USA.

All you people wondering where the money will come from to pay for a desperatly needed national health care in the USA? Look what your govt is giving away. Sometimes it is disquised as a loan but your govt always forgives these loans before a single payment is made. Sheesh man they are giving away money to our mortal enemies!! Many times these enemies are using this money to make and buy weapons to send back our way.

Take care of our own first. How can anyone argue with that? I'm sure some one will find a way even knowing they are wrong.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2009, 09:08 PM
 
8,175 posts, read 12,031,332 times
Reputation: 2886
Look --- we never should have gone in the first place. Ron Paul and yes, Obama were right on the money with that.
But we are there and as much as I would love to say just pull out -- well, that doesn't work with birth control and it doesn't work with wars.

In the 1980s we meddled with Afghanistans war with Russia. Guess what? We helped to birth the Taliban. Yes, that is right - Reagans money and gifts of guns really bit us all in the ass how many years later? This is what I am talking about. We destabilized the region, now we have to do whatever it takes to get it to the point where it just might not implode within hours of the US leaving.
This may be an unpopular stance but it bears reminding that this situation was not made by Obama - it was made by that rat bas*ard W.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2009, 09:17 PM
 
4,516 posts, read 4,537,374 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Look --- we never should have gone in the first place. Ron Paul and yes, Obama were right on the money with that.
But we are there and as much as I would love to say just pull out -- well, that doesn't work with birth control and it doesn't work with wars.

In the 1980s we meddled with Afghanistans war with Russia. Guess what? We helped to birth the Taliban. Yes, that is right - Reagans money and gifts of guns really bit us all in the ass how many years later? This is what I am talking about. We destabilized the region, now we have to do whatever it takes to get it to the point where it just might not implode within hours of the US leaving.
This may be an unpopular stance but it bears reminding that this situation was not made by Obama - it was made by that rat bas*ard W.
They don't want us there - in either in Iraq or Afganistan. And can you blame them? How would you feel if your kids were killed in a drone strike? How would you like it to have the door of your home kicked in by soldiers in the dead of the night and have your family held at gunpoint? The Muslims will fight each other for awhile, but they will resolve their differences. Bush destabilized Iraq. No worry. They did just fine after they ousted the Brits and they will do fine after ousting US.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top