Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 10:21 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,486 times

Advertisements

Good God I wish someone would take out the trash at the Huf Post. Oh..but then there would be just empty space...what a nice dream..I just got a chill all up and down my leg..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 10:28 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
I'm simply trying to find out if you know what you are talking about.

Don't worry, I'll tell you if you are right.

These are facts that are freely available.
And if you use search engines you can even find someone who's added things up already.

Rule 1: Power is not only what you have, but what an opponent thinks you have. If your organization is small, hide your numbers in the dark and raise a din that will make everyone think you have many more people than you do.

Rule 3: Whenever possible, go outside the experience of an opponent. Here you want to cause confusion, fear, and retreat.

Rule 5: Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It’s hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

Rule 11: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, polarize it. Don’t try to attack abstract corporations or bureaucracies. Identify a responsible individual. Ignore attempts to shift or spread the blame.

Rules for Radicals

Old 07-07-2009, 10:38 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How is Obamas plan working my little answer man? I mean besides the unemployment thing. You got nothing. Spend baby spend.

This is what got us out of the mini depression. Mini because of less government spending and meddling.

Federal spending
1920 $6.3 billion
1921 $5 billion
1922 $3.2 billion

Federal taxes
1920 $6.6 billion
1921 $5.5 billion
1922 $4 billion

yea why do something that works.

The New Deal worked for FRD. He had to die to lose the presidency. This fact is not lost on today's politicians.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:42 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,531 times
Quote:
LMAO You keep avoiding this question. How is Obamas plan working? Please list the examples where this type of "economic strategy" works. You have no answer, just foolish banter.
All I've asked, repeatedly, is that you display some knowledge that leads you to your remarks.

You can't do that.

If you do that, or admit you know nothing, I'll answer your question.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:52 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
All I've asked, repeatedly, is that you display some knowledge that leads you to your remarks.

You can't do that.

If you do that, or admit you know nothing, I'll answer your question.
LMAO I have to prove myself to a know nothing like you? If you want knowledge, look at the comments in my previous posts for a start and try to refute them. Or read a book about economics. You've shown no substance. The Sheeple chant fits you perfectly, "Yes We Can!"

Old 07-08-2009, 01:56 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,531 times
Quote:
I have to prove myself to a know nothing like you? If you want knowledge, look at the comments in my previous posts for a start and try to refute them. Or read a book about economics. You've shown no substance. The Sheeple chant fits you perfectly, "Yes We Can!"
You haven't yet, through all your meaningless posts in this thread, shown any understanding of the deficit.

Don't bother replying until you understand something about the topic.
I will waste no further time on you.

For reference, here is my first post directed to you:
Quote:
Or people that complain about economics, while having no knowledge of economics. Obviously you have not cracked the president's budget, or had trouble understanding it, got bored, etc.

I would be shocked if you could explain our current deficit.
Shocked.

You would be the first to do so, of the folks who repeat the "spending" talking point.
You appear to have no knowledge of the deficit.
Come back when you do.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:15 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
You haven't yet, through all your meaningless posts in this thread, shown any understanding of the deficit.

Don't bother replying until you understand something about the topic.
I will waste no further time on you.

For reference, here is my first post directed to you:

You appear to have no knowledge of the deficit.
Come back when you do.
Thank you for not wasting your time on this subject anymore. Uninformed people should not speak of things they know little about.
If I wanted to learn how to win the World Series I wouldn't take advice from the Chicago Cubs. I'd go with something that has proven it works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies