Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 03:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times

Advertisements

As I said on the other identical thread on this topic:

Bob Inglis was an "impeachment manager" who spent oodles of time harping on Bill Clinton for his immoral behavior. Now that Republicans are having similar problems, suddenly many of them are advocating dropping their moralistic agenda. Such hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 03:58 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
As I said on the other identical thread on this topic:

Bob Inglis was an "impeachment manager" who spent oodles of time harping on Bill Clinton for his immoral behavior. Now that Republicans are having similar problems, suddenly many of them are advocating dropping their moralistic agenda. Such hypocrites.
This goes on in both parties...this one as well as Clinton just happened to get caught...but this man went beyond the norm, leaving his post as he did. Again, this is not about party, this is about a man's character, and until American's start realizing the truth...we're in for big trouble. Stop pointing fingers at the opposite party and start realizing that BOTH PARTIES are corrupt...if they were not our country wouldn't be where it is right now. This behavior is primitive, childish and very unintelligent.

This man is a nut case...he needs to be replaced.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:01 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Stop pointing fingers at the opposite party and start realizing that BOTH PARTIES are corrupt...if they were not our country wouldn't be where it is right now. This behavior is primitive, childish and very unintelligent.
Not sure what you're talking about. I was pointing to Bob Inglis and other Republicans who have spent the last 20 or 30 years huffing and puffing about morality, and now that many of their own have broken the rules, they're suddenly saying that morality doesn't matter so much. It is hypocritical. If it were Democrats, I would be criticizing them too.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:22 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times
He could have simply said they need to walk the walk instead of talk the talk.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:24 PM

909 posts, read 1,062,979 times
I forgot the best part...

RWNJ response in advance...

Old 06-25-2009, 09:20 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,230 times
They are 100% 'moral', from the waist up.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:28 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
I'd say the US Capitol overall reeks with the stench of self-serving, political pandering, self-rightousness.

We got what big money paid for, however.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:31 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Just a reminder. Bill Clinton was not impeached for immoral bahvior, he wa simpeached for perjury

Old 06-26-2009, 04:36 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Not sure what you're talking about. I was pointing to Bob Inglis and other Republicans who have spent the last 20 or 30 years huffing and puffing about morality, and now that many of their own have broken the rules, they're suddenly saying that morality doesn't matter so much. It is hypocritical. If it were Democrats, I would be criticizing them too.
ahhhh, ok, sorry, I read something different in your post...it never ceases to amaze me how when something like this happens the opposite party starts condeming and pointing fingers...and I thought you were doing that...I'm glad you do see my point and aplogize for throwing a towel at ya....

Creme

Old 06-26-2009, 04:38 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
All I Can say is...BINGO. The problem here, sports fans, is not so much the fall from grace, but the proclamations of the GOP that they are the party of Family Values.

Inglis to GOP: ‘Lose Stinking Rot of Self-Righteousness’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

June 24, 2009, 7:08 PM ET

Inglis to GOP: ‘Lose Stinking Rot of Self-Righteousness’

Jonathan Weisman reports on politics.

South Carolina Rep. Bob Inglis made a name for himself in the late 1990s as one of Bill Clinton’s most zealous pursuers, an impeachment “manager” who attacked the moral failings of the president with a gusto that earned him a devoted following in the staunchly conservative “Upstate” of conservative South Carolina.
Gosh! It took a Republican this long to figure this out. As long as that party hangs out with the religious right, many people will not touch them. And they need to quit "the party of family values" crap. It is pretty obvious that they are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies