Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:01 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Todd is a racer and Artic Cat is one of his sponsors. He is contractually unable to reveal what he pays for his machines. Why is this even a political issue?
....because Alaska law requires full financial disclosure from the Governor.

Since this little story came out, I starting wondering if the 'discount for wear' didn't include the Arctic Cat jacket Failin' wore to the race that resulted in a little 'ethics complaint'. If that is the case, then the dismissal of her case was made without 'full disclosure' from the Gov.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 11:51 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
....because Alaska law requires full financial disclosure from the Governor.

Since this little story came out, I starting wondering if the 'discount for wear' didn't include the Arctic Cat jacket Failin' wore to the race that resulted in a little 'ethics complaint'. If that is the case, then the dismissal of her case was made without 'full disclosure' from the Gov.

Still not quite with you on this. Sarah Palin's husband's business is snowmobile racing, why does "disclosure" drill down to what he pays for one of the "components" of his business. By this logic, Pelosi's husband (who is a businessman) should have to declare publicly what he pays for every product used in his business. Not real realistic is it? In both cases I can see a summary of the profit and loss from business being reported, but not each purchase by the business.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Still not quite with you on this. Sarah Palin's husband's business is snowmobile racing, why does "disclosure" drill down to what he pays for one of the "components" of his business. By this logic, Pelosi's husband (who is a businessman) should have to declare publicly what he pays for every product used in his business. Not real realistic is it? In both cases I can see a summary of the profit and loss from business being reported, but not each purchase by the business.
I don't believe the Pelosi's live in Alaska, so, Alaska law would not apply to them.

As for the law, since I didn't implement it, I'm not going to defend it or dispute it. It's Alaskan law. Failin' is aware of it and she is trying to get around it. The confidentiality clause in the contract that Toddy has with Arctic Cat may allow the Failin's to get out of having to disclose his financial relationship with Arctic Cat. That's for the APOC to determine.

I still wonder if the 'discount for wear' may include clothes that the Gov wears with the Arctic Cat logo which would put a new spin to the ethics complaint that was dismissed.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:26 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
It isn't his business; it's his hobby.

Souxcia...who knows where he's going to "cheer up the troops"--but one place he hasn't been seen in quite some time would be Prudoe Bay.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:02 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

Souxcia...who knows where he's going to "cheer up the troops"--but one place he hasn't been seen in quite some time would be Prudoe Bay.
Met,is he even any good at it? I've never heard one way or the other.

He appears to me to be a poser and if he was in the lower 48 his "hairdo" and look would fit right in with the millions of idiots who pose with their Harleys.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Met,is he even any good at it? I've never heard one way or the other.

He appears to me to be a poser and if he was in the lower 48 his "hairdo" and look would fit right in with the millions of idiots who pose with their Harleys.
Well, he's won the Iron Dog race four times. Personally, I don't really have a problem with his getting a break on the snow machines--happens all the time with athletes.

Yes, there is that hairdo....

Old 06-26-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:

I'd say, 'someone has to watch the kids' but he's not been seen there much either...

Old 06-26-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post

Old 06-26-2009, 09:05 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Well, he's won the Iron Dog race four times. Personally, I don't really have a problem with his getting a break on the snow machines--happens all the time with athletes.

Yes, there is that hairdo....
I'd say he's a pretty darn good hand at it then.

Who's babysitting while he's gone is my question too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies