Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2009, 02:37 AM

8,042 posts, read 12,256,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
II have always liked Michael Jacksons music - to this day - as a much older guy I have always played it. And, I must admit, I never bought into the child abuse allegations that were the subject of the trial - I saw those allegations as being nothing more than an attempt to extort money from Jackson.
I have to disagree because the evidence points to Jackson being a pedophile. When he was married to Lisa Marie Presley, she stated that the kids all love Michael and they even follow him into the bathroom. Michael himself even admitted that he slept with the children. Now, come on! A normal grown man would not want to sleep with little children or have them tag along into the bathroom. Furthermore, most men don't even want to associate with kids. I personally don't know any guys who like kids that much ... and I seriously wonder about those guys who like to hang around children like Michael Jackson did.

Quote:
Michael was a consummate performer. He was IMO, a genius - with an unbelievable amount of creative genius that knew no end. He seemed willing to do almost anything to expand his craft.

And, IMHO, he will be missed. By people worldwide. AS WILL Farah!
I'm in agreement here. Admittedly, he was very talented ... and his music & stage performances were highly influential. I also liked a few of Michael Jackson's songs, although I never considered myself to be a fan. I never cared much for his high, chirpy voice, or the way he grabbed himself when he performed.

Still, I lost all respect for him after he was accused of child molestation ... not once, but TWICE! He was acquitted because he was a celebrity ... just like O.J. Simpson and Robert Blake were found not guilty of their crimes. The more famous you are, the better your chances of getting away with wrongdoings. I realize that isn't always the case, but the likelihood is higher depending on who you are in society.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:47 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,925,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I must have misunderstood you then.
I guess so.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:48 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,925,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Hope when he gets to heel he has done to him what he did to those kids. Sorry no pills to pop in hell you sick SOB
Heel?

Old 06-28-2009, 02:59 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,591,808 times
Quote:
II have always liked Michael Jacksons music - to this day - as a much older guy I have always played it. And, I must admit, I never bought into the child abuse allegations that were the subject of the trial - I saw those allegations as being nothing more than an attempt to extort money from Jackson.
I'm afraid I have to disagree here; it is my understanding that the first allegations- the one involving the little boy with leukemia- had a lot of merit to them.
Jackson apparently settled out of court for 20 million dollars, effectively buying the parents' silence.

I'm not sure how much merit the second set of allegations had; it seemed that the parents placed their child in Jackson's care overnight with the specific intent of bringing these charges and getting a big payoff.
Whether Jackson actually did anything to that child or not, I find this behavior on the part of the parents reprehensible. They essentially pimped out their child for the night, in hopes of a multimillion-dollar payoff.
At least that's my perception.
What sort of parents allow their son to spend the night with a single man who's already faced charges of child sexual assault?
Selfish money-grubbers, in my opinion.

With the first child... I believe there was some inappropriate behavior on Jackson's part. I don't know the extent of it, but I imagine it fell well short of actual penetration or sex of any kind. I suspect there was some sort of exposure/ fondling.
Which is certainly bad enough.

Jackson was obviously not a well man.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:11 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Still, I lost all respect for him after he was accused of child molestation ... not once, but TWICE! He was acquitted because he was a celebrity ...
No, he was acquitted because of a lack of evidence of his guilt. There was evidence that his accusers were actually trying to extort money from him though.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:14 AM

Quote:
No, he was acquitted because of a lack of evidence of his guilt. There was evidence that his accusers were actually trying to extort money from him though.

That was the second time.
The first time, there was a 20M payoff involved.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
That was the second time.
The first time, there was a 20M payoff involved.
Settlement of a lawsuit does not rise to the level of guilt.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Settlement of a lawsuit does not rise to the level of guilt.

Yet it is highly suspect.
One would think an innocent man would be anxious to clear his name.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Yet it is highly suspect.
One would think an innocent man would be anxious to clear his name.
Lawsuits are settled often simply because of their nuisance value. It often gets down to it is cheaper to settle than to go to trial

As for your "highly suspect" comment: Highly suspect does not equate to guilt.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:19 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Moving Van Spotted at Jackson’s Home | HECTOR ALVAREZ | THE LATINO HIP HOP ADVOCATE (http://hectoralvarez.com/moving-van-spotted-at-jacksons-home/13263/ - broken link)
Michael Jackson's death: Moving vans arrive at Holmby Hills mansion | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times

Moving van sited at Michael Jackson’s home.
Seems daddy is moving his stuff out.
Might be a tax burden on that stuff, Joe.

Whole lotta grieving going on there, or is it just greeding.

_______

I'm still interested in what musical instrument he played.
I thought MJ was a singer/dancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies