Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 09:30 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
City-Data seems to have quite a few child molester defenders. Hopefully it is not a sign of the level this country has sunk to and is just an anomaly.
Look at how many people are publicly mourning Jackson and come to your own conclusions about how your sex-hating agenda is faring. Granted, some of those fans are in denial. Others probably don't give a damn any more than I do.

Michael Jackson was far from my favorite musician, although I liked the Jackson 5 and some of his period from about 1982-92. He was by general agreement a fantastic dancer, although I don't really go in for that sort of thing. But I never saw any reason to be terribly scandalized by the sex allegations, even if they were true. As I mentioned before, if he'd lived in a sexually liberated country like Spain there would've been no allegations because there would've been no underlying crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 09:31 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
It just shows you that money drives the media. The vulture go where the money is.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:37 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times
Whats amazing is there was ONE topic started that was non loving Jackson in the Cleb forum that was deleted. Yet 8 topics still remain that show support to him, so I guess the mods don't allow and opinion other than love Jackson on here.

A guy who slept in bed with children and did who knows what to them gets love and attention, where a women who fought cancer gets over shadowed. Got to love the priorities in this country. Sad some mods on here are such b**ches to fold to the MJ fans to not allow any out side opinion.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:43 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XVS View Post
On media coverage. This woman suffered for three years, and now, it's like she doesn't even exist. Does anyone else find it unfortunate and biased that Michael Jackson's death and the reporting that has followed, has negated the fact that Farrah also died?

I think it's sad and that they both deserve equal media attention.

The media love the dying drug addicts........Go figure.....

Old 06-28-2009, 12:06 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You know, her family gets to have a respectful funeral where she is the focus in their grieving. Isn't the family's relationship with the deceased the most important thing?

Do you think anyone wants a media circus?
Exactly! I think Michael Jackson's loved ones have it the hardest dealing both with his unexpected death and the media hoopla.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:49 AM

432 posts, read 1,664,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
While Jackson was an amazing preformer he was also a freak and a child molester and people are attracted to a circus.
Is that why everyone is addicted to your father???

Old 06-28-2009, 04:52 AM

114 posts, read 362,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Please don't take this little story that I got from a friend today about the Farah and Michael thing.

He said that Farah got up to Heaven and they told her that she could have one more wish for the exemplary life she had lived. She wished for all children to be protected from adults that sometimes hurt them and almost immediately it was reported that Jackon had died.

I have taken real exception to how this all went down, also.
For your information,Farrah was no angel in that she was shacking with someone she wasn't married to.That's immoral 101.She can't tell nobody anything,providing that account was even a possibilty.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:44 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eehtaht View Post
For your information,Farrah was no angel in that she was shacking with someone she wasn't married to.That's immoral 101.She can't tell nobody anything,providing that account was even a possibilty.
Yeah your religious beliefs have a lot to do with anything. Not.
You follow your morality 101 quite well with the "Judge not lest ye be judged" meme.
Not everyone is a christer, luckily not every christer is like you.

She can't say anything at all.
She's dead.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:30 AM

114 posts, read 362,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yeah your religious beliefs have a lot to do with anything. Not.
You follow your morality 101 quite well with the "Judge not lest ye be judged" meme.
Not everyone is a christer, luckily not every christer is like you.

She can't say anything at all.
She's dead.
My religious beliefs don't revolve around tickling peoples ears.The Bible spells out what is right and and what is wrong.I don't care what everyone is.Yes,the Bible is for true Christians to follow-but those not following it will have to answer to God.And really there won't be any excuse warranted.You know if you're righteous spiritually or not now.

I know the dead is conscious of nothing anyhow.They can't hear,talk or WISH anything.
MJ and FF both are equal in that regards.They both paid the ultimate sacrifice for theirs sins-death.And for your information,death is an enemy-not a gift(as life is).

Preaching and teaching has nothing to do with judging.Judgement day hasn't got here yet.So fortunately,you still have time to educate yourself.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
The thing is that MJ was accused for being a pedophile not proved to be. On top of that, he was really weird and did really odd things. But he was huge. Biggest celebrity in the world back in the 80 and early 90s. Nobody could compare to him back back then. The reason why he gets more coverage then Farrah Fawcett is because of all this.

They were both pop celebrities. Michael Jackson was big in the pop music world, the people who follow the fads went for him but there were better musicians (and actresses).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies