Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 03:28 PM

220 posts, read 648,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbet View Post
Now that all the medical organizations are on board with Obama we may see a good medical bill on his desk. Then we can end the kick backs that these crooked Drs get from the pharmaceutical companies. Drs are some of the crookedest people I have ever known. I personally know many who get kickbacks if they prescribe drugs that are not best for the patient but best for the pocket of the Dr. Ain’t that America.
Then why haven't you reported these said drs to the state medical boards? Last I checked not only was it illegal for doctors to take kickbacks but also unethical.
Not saying it doesn't happen but if you personally know these drs and know that they are doing it why aren't you doing anything to stop it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 12:30 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbet View Post
Now that all the medical organizations are on board with Obama we may see a good medical bill on his desk. Then we can end the kick backs that these crooked Drs get from the pharmaceutical companies. Drs are some of the crookedest people I have ever known. I personally know many who get kickbacks if they prescribe drugs that are not best for the patient but best for the pocket of the Dr. Ain’t that America.

"Talbet" hates physicians. Taking "kickbacks" from any drug company is illegal and should be immediately reported to the medical board of that state. This is simple nonsense and should "Talbet" have any evidence of this, he should take immediate action.

Speaking of "crooked" , the buggest crooks I am aware of make and sell fake german world war two militaria on the internet and do not report the profits to the IRS. Now that is crooked.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:40 PM

785 posts, read 1,049,721 times
It will never pass. Obama wouldn't even renew the assult weapons ban because there are much more important things to worry about. There are plenty of people that are on the left wing of the political spectrum that own guns and Obama doesn't want to alienate them. I myself am so far to the left that Imake Obama look like a conservative but I oppose gun control because someone threatened my life once so I went out and got a 12 gauge shotgun and a .38 revolver, so I understand that people want to protect themselves.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:54 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Nobody is going to touch this bill.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:36 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
HR 45 Here It Comes America. Here is the text of the bill Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in House: Blair... OpenCongress

Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply It has started America!!!

snopes.com: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act

Where do you get that it is a "Firearms Confiscation Bill"???????

Another scare tactic.

Who'd a thunk it.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:38 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
It happened in England.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:00 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It happened in England.
They've had some forms of gun control since the 1600's, and even the latest laws, were enacted by their "conservative government", not their liberals.

You can still get a Personal Protection Weapon license for a personal handgun.

Very few there are effected by handgun restrictions.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:32 PM

45,327 posts, read 60,500,026 times
History of Gun Control in England

Gun Control - con

You are incorrect in your last statement of "Very few there are effected by handgun restrictions". Which is technically true in England as handguns, with the exception of single shot antique models, are banned, as are semi-auto rifles and shotguns. All shotguns capable of firing more than two shots are illegal in Australia (ex. Remington 870, the most widely shot shotgun in the world with 10 million sold since the 1950's).

Old 07-04-2009, 02:44 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,364 times
Once again I will say it.....When the country decides to split into two separate countries will someone please notify me. I'd like to be on the "right" side with people who believe the following:

1) Gun ownership is an inalienable right.
2) Belief in God is okay.
3) It's okay to be "down" on your luck but you must, in most cases, work to produce. No work and you need to go to the "other" United States.
4) Our immigration policy will be as follows: If you have a talent, occupation, or knowledge in an area where we need people...ie: Doctors, Engineers, Linguists, Architects, etc...you can apply for citizenship LEGALLY and will be allowed into the country.
5) We will defend our sovereignity against any nation if necessary by force.
6) Illegal aliens ie: people who violate the laws of the nation, will be arrested and shipped back to their country of origin whether they want to or not....there will be NO SUCH provision as an "Anchor Baby"....coming into this country ILLEGALLY and pro-creating should NOT automatically make your offspring a United States citizen.

I'm sure I'll hear the "You are a nut" or "wingnut" but actually no, I'm a blue collar guy who is working on my SECOND career. I'm tired of the government putting their hands in MY pocket (Republican and Democrat alike) when I have worked hard to support my family. I was one child of seven who lived in an apartment in a major U.S. city. We never had money to buy a house nor did we expect the government to fund one for us. No silver spoon here.....just hard work to get ahead. When the majority of people start realizing that the minority is growing and growing and refusing to work, then the minority will become the majority. That my friends is when government will collapse.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:45 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,992,205 times
I think gun control is the largest third rail issue in the U.S. and it will be a cold day in hell when any sizable amount of congress folk support something like this.

But then again, I live in hell and the mercury has been steadily dropping over the past few years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies