Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:13 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,834 times

Advertisements

Because some of us have no idea who he is and haven't heard anything about any of this before now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 11:13 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
The title says it all. Why isn't there mass outrage, like there was with Ms. California?
It is such a load of crap. It is like when Italian groups sued HBO for the Sopranos. Any American with half a brain knows not all Italians are related to the Cosa Nostra. There are flamboyant Gays and there are more conservative gay people.

And if this movie is going to influence people's views on homosexuals then we are in more trouble then I thought as a society.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:14 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Because it's a parody of the caricature that most ignorant Americans subscribe to.

Example:

See?
That pretty much sums it up....

Old 06-26-2009, 11:21 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,663,920 times
Quote:
The title says it all. Why isn't there mass outrage, like there was with Ms. California?
Why do you think that gays all act as one?

Old 06-26-2009, 11:25 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,114 times
Mass outrage for Ms. California? The only person that was outraged was that douche Perez Hilton. Nobody likes him not even the gay community.

Oh, BTW Bruno is a f'n movie.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:31 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Probably because they find him incredibly hot. As do *I* when he is Sacha Baron Cohen - hubba hubba.

And besides, you have GOT to applaud the guys chutzpah (sp???) and the fact that he undoubtedly *the* marketing genius of the 21st century.

And a nice Jewish boy, besides, oy.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-26-2009, 11:34 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,515 times
Dolce and Gabbana, HELLO?!!!

Old 06-26-2009, 11:44 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
That is because he is a pretty goood representitive of the gay community.

I find him one of the most vulgar repulsive things on the planet.
You need to get out more because your assessment reeks of classic ignorance. You supported the obscenely totalitarian views of the Texas Republican party platform in another thread recently. Why am I not surprised you wear your bigotry on your sleeves for all to see?

As a gay person, I don't find this guy entertaining or interesting and he sure doesn't represent anyone but himself as far as I can see. Unlike dcsldcd, 99% of the gay people I meet are excruciatingly normal.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:48 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
You need to get out more because your assessment reeks of classic ignorance. You supported the obscenely totalitarian views of the Texas Republican party platform in another thread recently. Why am I not surprised you wear your bigotry on your sleeves for all to see?

As a gay person, I don't find this guy entertaining or interesting and he sure doesn't represent anyone but himself as far as I can see. Unlike dcsldcd, 99% of the gay people I meet are excruciatingly normal.

Whether you want to acknowledge it or not when gays have their PRIDE parades, Bruno is very representative of what you see in PRIDE parades so I must believe the freak in people is what you take pride in.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:51 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Whether you want to acknowledge it or not when gays have their PRIDE parades, Bruno is very representative of what you see in PRIDE parades so I must believe the freak in people is what you take pride in.
At this years pride parade, there was a whole group of dancing guys dressed in cowboy hats, cowboy boots...you know the whole cowboy thing. Anyway, they did a choreographed routine to Jessica Simpsons version of "These Boots Were Made for Walkin"....it was fabulous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies