Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:16 AM

763 posts, read 1,298,742 times

Advertisements

...To all the threads titled "so and so political figure involved in a scandal or extramarital affair". All this proves is that there is no party of the 2 major ones that is better than the other. Both of the gangs have many degenerates who are corrupt and with low values.

If anything, given the fact that it is pretty obvious that neither party really has intentions of helping America, shouldn't a 3rd party candidate be able to make some waves and get us REAL change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 11:28 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
I am learning today that I dont know if I want to be a part of either party. I dont know that I fit in with either party

I am still registered democrat because I just didnt care to change it.

Democrats really upset with me when they went after Joe the plumber and now republicans are upsetting me going after Micheal Jackson.

I dont claim to be the most religious person in the world but I respect life and feel that means I respect death also. I have lost more then my share of family members and that helps influence how I feel about death. I wouldnt wish it on anyone. I feel that Jackson was NOT convicted for a crime and that if he did commit that crime that now God is the one that really knows if he committed it or not will decide his punishment. I am not saying I feel christians have to be sad for his death but they should respect hes paid the final price and now its up to god. Today I seen that many dont believe what they preach

When it comes to money I agree with conservatives. When it comes to social issues I agree with some democrats but NOT liberals.

I dont want to force my opinion on others nor do I want theirs to be forced on me.

Guess today I learned I dont belong in either party

Last edited by Jadex; 06-26-2009 at 11:42 AM..

Old 06-26-2009, 11:29 AM

Sorry about that Yes we need a 3rd party maybe even a 4th or 5th.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:36 AM

I agree with you. I have been a Rep over the years, but with this latest scandal with Mr. Sanford I feel that they are no better than the Dems for this kind of behavior.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
I agree with you. I have been a Rep over the years, but with this latest scandal with Mr. Sanford I feel that they are no better than the Dems for this kind of behavior.
I think our politicians have forgot a lot and allowed the power to go to their heads. Now not all of them have but sadly to many have.

Plus they know it takes a real bad thing to not be elected again.

My parents would never have voted for someone again if they had half the scandals that they have today

Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 AM

185 posts, read 253,097 times
Amen.

I think I finally understand the whole "sheeple" thing.

I was reading an earlier thread that was of the opinion that a Libertarian or a Greenie would become AS corrupt if given the opportunity. How depressing.

Shelley

Old 06-26-2009, 11:50 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
I would love to see a viable third party or some independents. I really don't like the 2 parties.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:52 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Sorry about that Yes we need a 3rd party maybe even a 4th or 5th.

My vote is for NO POLITICAL PARTY'S.
(they party too much already, on our dime).

Dump them all. Vote for people, not party's

Old 06-26-2009, 11:54 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
No third party has a chance because our media will give them no air time. It would take an all out ground effort to inform the people about anyone but the Democrat or Republican running.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
No third party has a chance because our media will give them no air time. It would take an all out ground effort to inform the people about anyone but the Democrat or Republican running.
Yes, the media is a problem. As long as there is the huge financial incentive provided by special interest groups (moveon.org for this last election for example) it will be tough for a 3rd party candidate to be successful at the polls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies