Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 06:26 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
It must be noted that one of our posters, KevK, totally and completely disagrees with the above. It is HIS opinion that the decision SHOULD BE taken out of the families hands.
This is a discussion forum. Not a 'one opinion only allowed' forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This is on the doorstep of 0bama health care, so when the president makes a statement like this, do you really think he will allow federally funded heath care to pay for medical care or procedures that he deem to be frivolous? The answer is "NO." Once government is paying for your care, and the government feels you are too old for any procedure, gomenasai, sorry pal, go off and die, or live out what years you have left.

Unlike judges 0bama nominates, I doubt there will be any empathy, just a black & white chart with treatments and procedures in column A, and the cut off ages in column B.
The government is already denying treatments and procedures which they deem to be unnecessary to those on medical assistance or medicare. Private insurers also are already denying treatment and procedures they determine to be unnecessary.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Let me put it bluntly: any stupid bureaucrat tries to deny myself or a loved one medical treatment like you wish, I'll take matters into my own hands with them. Nazis can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.
Since you don't have health insurance (I remember you posting that in the past), you can have any procedure or treatment you can afford. People with insurance or government health care are already being denied certain procedures and treatment.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Deciding who lives and dies,it's the ultimate power trip for a control freak liberal.
The AMA is strongly Republican. So, the ultimate control freaks deciding who lives and who dies is likely to be a conservative.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:39 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
WOW JUST WOW!

At a healthcare town hall, he says stopping futile procedures for the terminally ill can lower costs.
By Peter Nicholas
June 25, 2009
Reporting from Washington -- President Obama suggested at a town hall event Wednesday night that one way to shave medical costs is to stop expensive and ultimately futile procedures performed on people who are about to die and don't stand to gain from the extra care.

In a nationally televised event at the White House, Obama said families need better information so they don't unthinkingly approve "additional tests or additional drugs that the evidence shows is not necessarily going to improve care."

Obama discusses deathbed measures - Los Angeles Times
Soon he will be putting a bullet in their head to die sooner....that will save SS..

Old 06-26-2009, 06:47 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Moderator cut: trolling
Should not be shocked to know that Obama is showing he does not care for anyone unless they can help him suck the life out of America and it's citizens.

So now we can start calling Obama not just a fan of baby killings, but now we can call him Dr. Deathbed too?

Do not get sick or old, Obama will have the plug pulled on you!

Dr Deathbed is Obama's new nickname.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 06-26-2009 at 09:36 PM..

Old 06-26-2009, 06:55 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
My mother had cancer. At the age of 76 she elected to not have chemotherapy. Her decision was made on the knowledge that she was given by her healthcare providers. The chemo would weaken and sicken her far more than the disease. She opted to have quality of life rather than quantity. She lived for four years.

She also had an Advanced Directive which told her family and health care providers that she only wanted comfort measures done for her. NO HEROICS, no crash cart, no shock, no heart stimulating drugs, no tubes, no machines. She made me her power of attorney including for health care issues after my sister said she would not allow the medical staff to 'do nothing'.

I know young people with chronic illnesses who have made similar decisions and older people who have said, 'Do it all.'

'Evidence' is medical evidence. And, yes, some are funded by different countries governments, some are funded by drug companies, some by private donations.

Bless your Mother
. I'm glad that she had a quality four years. If I were in here shoes, I'd have probably done the same.

I'm sure you loved her dearly. Moms are special.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:56 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
The government is already denying treatments and procedures which they deem to be unnecessary to those on medical assistance or medicare. Private insurers also are already denying treatment and procedures they determine to be unnecessary.
sometimes it is just a matter of the right coding to get it through.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:57 PM

Nothing President Obama has said is new. Decisions regarding medical care, treatment, procedures, heroics, etc. have been made by physicians for decades. Private insurers and government run health insurers have been denying treatment, procedures, etc. they don't feel are appropriate for decades.

Obviously, this is new to you. Look beyond that tunnel and actually research the issue instead of spewing hatred because our President is actually talking about something that been done for generations.

If you don't want someone making medical decisions for you, get yourself an Advanced Directive. Simple solution to a difficult issue.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:59 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
Quote:
The AMA is strongly Republican. So, the ultimate control freaks deciding who lives and who dies is likely to be a conservative.
Stop deflecting
This thread is about Obamas comments in regard to cutting off medical treatment to save money for those he feels unworthy.
The AMA and Republicans have nothing to do with his statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies