Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:40 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,314,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
It makes sense to fear a threat that's real. It makes no sense to fear a threat that is not reality-based.

But you know what? I'm done here. I've tried to provide information, which gets ignored. And that tells me that climate change deniers are more interested in partisan-based hate and paranoia than they are in learning truths about the world. It doesn't matter to them that their children and grandchildren (if they're lucky) are probably facing a profoundly compromised life on a profoundly compromised planet. They are perfectly willing to risk their children's future in order to indulge their partisan paranoid hatred of "liberals." More willing to listen and believe some uneducated, lying dumbass on FOX or some bought-off-by-the-coal/oil-industry politician in Congress than they are willing to listen to those who've dedicated their lives to science. The scientists are bought-off, but not Glenn Beck--who, of course, has a much deeper understanding than any world scientists does. My guess is that such people don't live in communities that have been poisoned by MTR or mining or oil drilling. In Arizona alone, plutonium waste will poison the land and water for the next 80,000 years. Oh why bother. Whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 11:48 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,272,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
no not at all i mean just the hand picked ones kinda like the ones the tabacoo companys hire. so no not most just the bought ones willing to sell thier souls. and it works both ways. welcome to the real world.schemes agendas and liars.
Well, of course there are crooked scientists. You bet.

EnvironmentalChemistry.com: Who is funding the climate change skeptics?

But a world community of scientists urging action on climate change cannot be so easily bought off by a country-specific organization. Who would they be bought off by? ALL scientific research money is grant money. And most climate change research is not funded by the UN.

It really stretches the imagination to claim that all the countries--their scientists and business and political leaders--who are on board to address climate change have somehow been duped by Al Gore (not that you, in particular, have claimed this). Unless, of course, one believes that there is some grand, global conspiracy--secretly orchestrated by Al Gore--to raise electricity rates in the U.S.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/science...hange_funding/

Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Good lord, how old are you?

Old 06-26-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Good lord, how old are you?
I wondered the same thing after reading your hissy fit a few posts up.
Get a grip.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
I wondered the same thing after reading your hissy fit a few posts up.
Get a grip.
I can't even imagine what kind of interior world you inhabit.

Let's just agree to put each other on ignore, shall we?

Old 06-26-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
I can't even imagine what kind of interior world you inhabit.

Let's just agree to put each other on ignore, shall we?
Your self aggrandizing posts make me laugh.
Go ahead and put me on ignore, I'll continue to chuckle.
Quote:

But you know what? I'm done here. I've tried to provide information, which gets ignored. Oh why bother. Whatever.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:58 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,022,796 times
Quote:
It makes sense to fear a threat that's real. It makes no sense to fear a threat that is not reality-based.

But you know what? I'm done here. I've tried to provide information, which gets ignored. And that tells me that climate change deniers are more interested in partisan-based hate and paranoia than they are in learning truths about the world. It doesn't matter to them that their children and grandchildren (if they're lucky) are probably facing a profoundly compromised life on a profoundly compromised planet. They are perfectly willing to risk their children's future in order to indulge their partisan paranoid hatred of "liberals." More willing to listen and believe some uneducated, lying dumbass on FOX or some bought-off-by-the-coal/oil-industry politician in Congress than they are willing to listen to those who've dedicated their lives to science. The scientists are bought-off, but not Glenn Beck--who, of course, has a much deeper understanding than any world scientists does. My guess is that such people don't live in communities that have been poisoned by MTR or mining or oil drilling. In Arizona alone, plutonium waste will poison the land and water for the next 80,000 years. Oh why bother. Whatever.
hey it's ok we can stop using oil we can stop using natural gas and coal and everything else you don;t like but we cant remove it from earth it is part of earth natural and organic.it was always here and always will be oh my what shall we do. lets tax volcanos and earthquakes yeah we'll call it cap and trade. golly were so smart. we now controll the earth. get real we control nothing.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Your self aggrandizing posts make me laugh.
Go ahead and put me on ignore, I'll continue to chuckle.
You do that, dear.

This is my last response to you on this forum.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:13 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,239,524 times
Quote:
But you know what? I'm done here. I've tried to provide information, which gets ignored. Oh why bother. Whatever.
Well, here's the bottom line; There are those with differing opinions. That's all. You see it one way - I see it a different way.

Just because we don't agree does not mean that either has to go off in a huff.

As an example: On this date in 1990, the High temp in Phoenix was 122 (boy, do I remember that day - what fun!!!). Today it was 105 (normal).

Don't even try to discuss "Global Warming" here - for, everyone will tell you it is Global "COOLING" - and, I'm in the crowd that agrees with that sentiment. Global Warming is nothing more than a way for those on the left to try to control the population more and to get more tax monies out of people.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Well, here's the bottom line; There are those with differing opinions. That's all. You see it one way - I see it a different way.

Just because we don't agree does not mean that either has to go off in a huff.

As an example: On this date in 1990, the High temp in Phoenix was 122 (boy, do I remember that day - what fun!!!). Today it was 105 (normal).

Don't even try to discuss "Global Warming" here - for, everyone will tell you it is Global "COOLING" - and, I'm in the crowd that agrees with that sentiment. Global Warming is nothing more than a way for those on the left to try to control the population more and to get more tax monies out of people.
It's not a matter of "opinion," any more than it's a matter of "opinion" whether the earth is round or flat. It is "warming," not "cooling." And what makes you think people living in Italy or Spain give a damn about our tax levels?

‘Global warming is a hoax’—I wish James Inhofe were just a hoax ... | How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: Responses to the most common skeptical arguments on global warming | Grist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies