Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 05:22 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times

Advertisements

"Obama gets billions for ‘pandemic’ Swine Flu" by F. William Engdahl. FSO Editorial 06/25/2009

In the United States, the Obama Administration has strong-armed the US Congress to appropriate 300% more money for Swine Flu ‘preparedness’ than Congress planned. Responding to lobbying by the Obama administration, the US Congress has approved an eye-popping $7.65 billion for the non-proven pandemic influenza.

where is the accountability to the american taxpayer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 05:40 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Published: October 28, 2005
Trying to improve national readiness for a potential outbreak of the avian flu, the Senate approved nearly $8 billion on Thursday to stockpile vaccines and other drugs to combat the disease and to bolster local health agencies and hospitals.

Senate Approves Avian Flu Aid - New York Times

Old 06-28-2009, 05:41 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Obama Speech - Foreign Operations Appropriations Bill and the Avian Flu - Complete Text

in part:
But we must also prepare our own country in the event that a global pandemic reaches America. That's why I recently introduced the AVIAN Act, which helps make sure that Americans are protected from a possible outbreak of the avian flu.

where did that money go as well?

Old 06-28-2009, 05:56 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
Obama Speech - Foreign Operations Appropriations Bill and the Avian Flu - Complete Text

in part:
But we must also prepare our own country in the event that a global pandemic reaches America. That's why I recently introduced the AVIAN Act, which helps make sure that Americans are protected from a possible outbreak of the avian flu.

where did that money go as well?
Why do you presume it passed? It didnt. Though it was the *first* bill of its kind offered, soon enough there were 11 similar bills out and another was eventually passed. Sorry

Old 06-28-2009, 06:25 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Why do you presume it passed? It didnt. Though it was the *first* bill of its kind offered, soon enough there were 11 similar bills out and another was eventually passed. Sorry
So if the government wants to ensure they are as prepared as much as is possible against such a disaster they are wrong but if it htis and they are no prepared they will also be wrong, sounds like a catch 22. I would prefer we are as prepared as much as is possible, waiting to the last second is ludicrous. Oh well, some are going to complain no matter what they do, like the boy who cried wolf too many times, people simply stop listening.
Casper

Old 06-28-2009, 06:37 AM

416 posts, read 407,829 times
Why save people from dying of Swine Flu when it was naturally engineered to kill people?

Old 06-28-2009, 07:18 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig121 View Post
Why save people from dying of Swine Flu when it was naturally engineered to kill people?
So is cancer and many others, don't want to work on curing or treating those either? Oh wait, so long as it does not harm me or my friends and family I am down with culling the herd, darn, it doesn't work that way, guess we are stuck with option #1, treatment.
Casper

Old 06-28-2009, 08:23 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
"Obama gets billions for ‘pandemic’ Swine Flu" by F. William Engdahl. FSO Editorial 06/25/2009

In the United States, the Obama Administration has strong-armed the US Congress to appropriate 300% more money for Swine Flu ‘preparedness’ than Congress planned. Responding to lobbying by the Obama administration, the US Congress has approved an eye-popping $7.65 billion for the non-proven pandemic influenza.

where is the accountability to the american taxpayer?
Who says the pandemic is unproven? There is another thread about this, I posted some links where the World Health Organization has in fact declared swine flu 'pandemic', meaning world-wide. You unbelievers may do a search.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:57 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
The swine flu was declared a pandemic quite some time ago, OP.

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/phase/en/ (broken link)

http://www.who.int/entity/csr/disease/influenza/phases5-6.gif (broken link)

Old 06-28-2009, 11:38 AM

5,638 posts, read 6,515,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig121 View Post
I'm still waiting for the black helicopters filled with free masons, UN troops and lizard people to take me and my family away to a FEMA camp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies