Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 03:43 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,641,964 times

Advertisements

BLACKSBURG, Virginia - The Virginia Tech gunman sent photographs, videos and writings to U.S. broadcaster NBC in New York before he died in the massacre that left 33 people dead, authorities said.

NBC said it turned the package to authorities on Wednesday.

"This may be a very new, critical component of this investigation. We're in the process right now of attempting to analyze and evaluate its worth," said Col. Steve Flaherty, superintendent of Virginia State Police.

http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newssto...04181989010978
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 03:45 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,681,137 times
He was also found mentality unstable by a court and a danger to him self and others in 2005. check cnn and fox they all have it.

Cho Seung-Hui in 2005 was declared mentally ill by a Virginia special justice, who declared he was "an imminent danger" to himself, a court document states.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:45 PM

959 posts, read 2,362,921 times
JHC, OMG, and all the saints preserve us. Can't even begin to think about the discussions that'll come from this one! Gonna go watch the news now.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:51 PM

1,247 posts, read 928,193 times
I sense many, many law suits in the future.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:52 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,150,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
He was also found mentality unstable by a court and a danger to him self and others in 2005. check cnn and fox they all have it.

Cho Seung-Hui in 2005 was declared mentally ill by a Virginia special justice, who declared he was "an imminent danger" to himself, a court document states.
In my opinion that should have disqualified him from purchasing or owning a gun, without a letter of release from a mental health care provider and/or judge.

Last edited by GoPadge; 04-18-2007 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: Added "In my opinion..."

Old 04-18-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPadge View Post
And that should have disqualified him from purchasing or owning a gun, without a letter of release from a mental health care provider and/or judge.
Should have come up on the check, or do they not report those things?

Old 04-18-2007, 04:02 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,150,551 times
I apologies, that was only my opinion. I have no idea what the laws are in VA.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:39 AM

769 posts, read 2,221,873 times
Virginia does not require background checks on "Secondary "Private" Sales" which I believe this was.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:52 AM

13,607 posts, read 21,412,061 times
"you made me do it"....

along with comments towards Christians.

same thing from the guys from Columbine,same thought process.

I keep saying it,we are creating a society where when kids feel life is unfair they blame everyone else for it "you".They can not deal with reality,that life is sometimes hard and they can not become stronger from it because they are being taught that everything that goes wrong is not their fault.

Sip some coffee too hot,sue 'em.Cant make the football team,sue 'em.Didnt get the job,massacre them.Get picked on,dont fistfight them,blast 'em.....
cant add 2 + 2?,teacher says thats alright Johnny,5 could be the answer,you are still special.....

yes life isnt fair....."you" are to blame.....

Old 04-19-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
"you made me do it"....

along with comments towards Christians.

same thing from the guys from Columbine,same thought process.

I keep saying it,we are creating a society where when kids feel life is unfair they blame everyone else for it "you".They can not deal with reality,that life is sometimes hard and they can not become stronger from it because they are being taught that everything that goes wrong is not their fault.

Sip some coffee too hot,sue 'em.Cant make the football team,sue 'em.Didnt get the job,massacre them.Get picked on,dont fistfight them,blast 'em.....
cant add 2 + 2?,teacher says thats alright Johnny,5 could be the answer,you are still special.....

yes life isnt fair....."you" are to blame.....

My husband and I have taken issue with our kids school bully policy. They kidsare not allowed to defend themselves. Rarely is the bully caught and if he is it is in-school suspension. I have told my kids to defend ( never start) when necessary and if they get into trouble with the school we will back them. Helped my son, some kid was bulling him relentlessly because the girls like my son and he was jealous (6th grade) well my son finally popped him in the face. Shut him up hasnt been an issue since. Bullies love it when you dont fight back and alot of kids are too scared to for fear of being in trouble at school. I grew up in the 80's where we handled it ourselves. I never heard of school shootings then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies