Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 06:42 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,312,676 times

Advertisements

Energy Czar Carol Browner admitted this morning in a direct interview that she had not read the entire 1200 plus pages of the bill presented to the USHR for passage on Friday. Wow... it's her bill and even she had only read "substantial," "most," and "great portions" of the document.

In the terms of the movie line, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 06:54 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Did you think they were going to read this one?

Democrats are on a mission at all cost to get thru all of Obamas policies because they might lost majority and the chance will be gone

Old 06-29-2009, 07:14 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
The rightwing is perpetually mad as hell about all sorts of things that they don't even begin to understand. Why should energy be any different....

Old 06-29-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The rightwing is perpetually mad as hell about all sorts of things that they don't even begin to understand. Why should energy be any different....
What the ? did that post have to do with the fact that the head of the office saying this is the most important legislation of our lifetime didn't even read what the bill said?

I am mad that the poster of this reply as so much stock in Kool Aid

Old 06-29-2009, 07:25 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Partisanship at it's finest. Certainly not your best effort I have to say...
I loved watching the interview! Question: Did you read the bill? Answer: I read sections of it. Question: So you're saying you didn't read the bill? Answer: I read major parts of it. Statement: So you didn't read the whole bill... Answer: No, No, you're not going to do that to me, I read the bill. Question: Did you read the WHOLE bill? Answer: I read major parts of the bill...
In other words SHE DID NOT READ IT. God, why do they have to duck and dodge so much? Why not just say "no I did not read it all"? And then you have to ask yourself if it's her bill why didn't she read the whole thing? You'd have to be an idiot to not know that one of the first questions that would be asked would be "did you read it" right?
This is a very important bill and she's HMFIC so you'd THINK she'd really be motivated to read it and understand it

Old 06-29-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Partisanship at it's finest. Certainly not your best effort I have to say...
I loved watching the interview! Question: Did you read the bill? Answer: I read sections of it. Question: So you're saying you didn't read the bill? Answer: I read major parts of it. Statement: So you didn't read the whole bill... Answer: No, No, you're not going to do that to me, I read the bill. Question: Did you read the WHOLE bill? Answer: I read major parts of the bill...
In other words SHE DID NOT READ IT. God, why do they have to duck and dodge so much? Why not just say "no I did not read it all"? And then you have to ask yourself if it's her bill why didn't she read the whole thing? You'd have to be an idiot to not know that one of the first questions that would be asked would be "did you read it" right?
This is a very important bill and she's HMFIC so you'd THINK she'd really be motivated to read it and understand it
What is it about supporters of the current presidential administration who consider this to be appropriate and excusable? Where is the rest of the US media? Why aren't they simply saying, we made a mistake, now let's see if we can't help repair what we have done to America.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:35 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Energy Czar Carol Browner admitted this morning in a direct interview that she had not read the entire 1200 plus pages of the bill presented to the USHR for passage on Friday. Wow... it's her bill and even she had only read "substantial," "most," and "great portions" of the document.

In the terms of the movie line, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more."
I do not know what is up with these people, hundreds of billions or even trillions of dollars are on the line, and they do not read the bills they present, much less vote on, because they release the bills at 11:00PM for a vote at 7:00 AM, with no debates, no discussion and no other opinions allowed. Hope, change, smoke, mirrors, lies and incompetence.

Thanks for giving 0bama and the democrats full and complete control of the federal government during a crisis.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
What is it about supporters of the current presidential administration who consider this to be appropriate and excusable? Where is the rest of the US media? Why aren't they simply saying, we made a mistake, now let's see if we can't help repair what we have done to America.
They can start by pulling 0bama's ring from their lips, and begin the procedure of keeping the American people informed of what the politicians in our government are doing, in a nonpartisan and professional manner.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:03 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:

If Carol Browner (left wing) didn't read it, how is it that she "even begins to understand"? Telepathy? Did she read it in a past life? Maybe she was born already knowing what was in it and therefore doesn't need to read t.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
We are upset at the, not only partisanship going on, but the mass deception they are perpetrating on America.

At least let everyone read the bills first, let us openly debate them, before we are locked into trillion dollar programs or $800 billion dollar bills.

Can we at least stabilize the economy, get our employment numbers back up, before another few trillion dollars of unprinted taxpayer money is spent? Where is the problem with any of that? What is the all fired rush to pass things without reading or debating them? Don't we want the best programs and laws passed?

Disagreeing with what 0bama and the democrats are doing does not always have be viewed by the left, as coming from right-wing ignorance, rage and partisanship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies