Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 03:45 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,445 times

Advertisements

RealClearPolitics - Could Australia Blow Apart the Great Global Warming Scare?

Interesting article. The Australians are already trying to figure out how to undo what we are trying to do.

I am also interested in the fact that Obama today stated that the average ulility bill will only rise by $117 per year. That sounds like a new tax. What happened to "...absolutley no new tax in any form or fashion for any family making less than $250,000 per year." ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 05:14 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,671,465 times
I was planning on moving to Australia for a few years as an experience, but maybe I'll end up making it permanent. It's not perfect there, but I'm not living under a cap and tax totalitarianism regime.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:45 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,482 times
I am hearing crickets

No democrats to defend cap and trade

Old 06-27-2009, 05:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I am hearing crickets

I'm sure they are now finding out the bill is not what Obama told them it was.

Maybe they can find the bill to read cause many House Reps yesterday couldn't find it but were strong-armed into voting on it.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:48 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
Quote:
I am hearing crickets

Some of us don't care one way or another. I imagine that others are fine with the legislative process as its evolving and don't have much interest in arguing about it.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:52 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,659,073 times
I don't know about everyone else, but that statement to me, always applied to income taxes, considering the income limit set. It's not like you can tax cigarettes or energy for people of a specific income only.

Everyone is so concerned about spending their Grandchildren's money in programs... well, I think it's more important that my Grandchildren have clean air to breathe, and fresh water to drink.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:06 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I don't know about everyone else, but that statement to me, always applied to income taxes, considering the income limit set. It's not like you can tax cigarettes or energy for people of a specific income only.

Everyone is so concerned about spending their Grandchildren's money in programs... well, I think it's more important that my Grandchildren have clean air to breathe, and fresh water to drink.
Dont you think your grandchildren should get to make the choice and not you making the choice for everyone elses grandchildren to be in such debt

Also I love how you avoid that the Aussies are trying to move away from this and what its done to Spain but you still have faith that some magic fairy is going to make it work here

Old 06-27-2009, 06:28 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,671,465 times
Quote:
Dont you think your grandchildren should get to make the choice and not you making the choice for everyone elses grandchildren to be in such debt

Also I love how you avoid that the Aussies are trying to move away from this and what its done to Spain but you still have faith that some magic fairy is going to make it work here
Right on.

For one thing I think the water and air is about as clean as it could be as it is. Imposing cap and tax does zero to help that.

It's funny people think the old days were better. Ever hear of "London Fog"? Cities like London in the 1800's were a cesspool of particulate contamination in the air from manure dust and dirty coal and wood burners. There were thousands of tons of horse crap everywhere spreading all kinds of diseases. And don't forget people pissed and crapped into buckets and then tossed out onto the street!

Right now with cap and tax coming we'll have a declining economy, increased unemployment, high energy costs, high inflation and a totalitarian central committee government. Goody.

I think I might move to Australia for good. Always wanted that experience anyways but I'm not going to be on the titanic as it sinks between the waves. I've spent a lot of time in Australia and it's not perfect but I'm not living under government domination like cap and tax.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:29 PM

37,179 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
You should have told that to Ronald Reagan.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:31 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Your statement sums up my problem with the Left. Most of the Left's positions are contrary to liberty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies