Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:36 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Sorry Jill, Obama hasn't kept his promise on Iraq. He said that all the troops would be out in 16 months and he added an extra 3 months on to that. Were talking about at least another $30 billion of wasted tax money on a dumb war. Also, I don't call 35,000 to 50,000 person residual force ending the war in Iraq. For such a dumb war, Obama sure is taking a long time to end it.

By the way, this is an Obama supporter that volunteered a whole month for his campaign writing this. Us progressives (assuming you are one too) need to stop acting like Obama is jesus and start holding his feet to the fire; otherwise we won't get the change that we voted for.

The pullout has started, fives months into his presidency. I think you have at least 11 months before you start accusing him of not keeping that particular promise. Also, do you have any idea how long it takes to move all of that manpower and equipment? When my son was in Iraq, it took them almost two months just to clean everything before they could ship it all back stateside. And his wasn't a large unit.
Make no mistake, I do not in any way think that the President is 'Jesus' but he is a vast improvement over what preceded him - I am very unhappy about his lack of forward movement on several issues, but, this is not one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 08:38 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Thanks to Bush and the surge the job is done.

Obama voted against the surge and against the needed funds for the troops so he gets ZERO credit for anything.

Afterall, he voted against the surge and said it would NOT WORK.

Just shows he was wrong once again.

Thanks GW for being a hero to millions of people in Iraq.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:38 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,437,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post

Sorry Jill, Obama hasn't kept his promise on Iraq. He said that all the troops would be out in 16 months and he added an extra 3 months on to that. Were talking about at least another $30 billion of wasted tax money on a dumb war. Also, I don't call 35,000 to 50,000 person residual force ending the war in Iraq. For such a dumb war, Obama sure is taking a long time to end it.

By the way, this is an Obama supporter that volunteered a whole month for his campaign writing this. Us progressives (assuming you are one too) need to stop acting like Obama is jesus and start holding his feet to the fire; otherwise we won't get the change that we voted for.
Don't insult me by claiming I act like President Obama is Jesus. I find that characterization highly offensive. Particularly since I'm a Jew. I don't hold anyone up as a messiah, let alone Jesus. Frankly, that use of rhetoric calls into question the honesty of the rest of your post.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:39 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
A leftover Bush lover.
The spitin' image of Sunshine Chick...

Old 06-29-2009, 08:40 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,120 times
Oh right! I remember that one.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

No, thank George Bush for allowing the PEOPLE of Iraq to be free from a killer dictator.
Yes, I'm sure the 100,000+ men, women and children we killed are eminently grateful.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:43 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
They haven't actually left; they just left the center of the cities and are now all at the outskirts.
No one has left yet. I heard that comment on the radio and found this article:

U.S. troops transitioning out of Iraq̢۪s cities crowd onto same Baghdad base | Stars and Stripes
snippet:
"
Despite a diminished presence in the cities, the goal is to keep the U.S. and Iraqi soldiers and officers working together, says Lt. Col. Scott Jackson, the commander of the 1st Battalion, 5th Regiment, within the 1st Cavalry Division.
“In some ways, we’ll be closer to the IAs than we were,” said Jackson, who commands from FOB Shield.
One of that battalion’s company executive officers put it another way.
“We’re still in the city,” said 1st Lt. Adam Tyra. “We’re just shuffling around.”

Here's a more up to date article..it's a prelude to the real pullout in 2011.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...1-2703,00.html
snippet:
"Only a small number of US forces in training and advisory roles will remain in urban areas, with the bulk of American troops in Iraq, 131,000 according to Pentagon figures, quartered elsewhere.

The June 30 withdrawal is the prelude to a complete US pullout by the end of 2011. "

Old 06-29-2009, 08:43 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Funny. You quoted me, yet your reply doesn't address anything that even resembles what I said.
re read it then obama ain't done nothin.and my nephew who is here now thinks you are are a obama coolaid drinker.im not going to let him post he's only been back 2 mos. and don't need your thanks for trying to make his sucess a failure. thanks to the messiah

Old 06-29-2009, 08:45 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Thanks to Bush and the surge the job is done.

Obama voted against the surge and against the needed funds for the troops so he gets ZERO credit for anything.

Afterall, he voted against the surge and said it would NOT WORK.

Just shows he was wrong once again.

Thanks GW for being a hero to millions of people in Iraq.
Don't get too excited. GWB should have never sent our kids to die over there in the first place. We've only left the city limits of Baghdad. Our forces are still in the country. Only by the grace of God will Iraq stay stabilized.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They haven't actually left; they just left the center of the cities and are now all at the outskirts.
No one has left yet. I heard that comment on the radio and found this article:

U.S. troops transitioning out of Iraq̢۪s cities crowd onto same Baghdad base | Stars and Stripes
snippet:
"
Despite a diminished presence in the cities, the goal is to keep the U.S. and Iraqi soldiers and officers working together, says Lt. Col. Scott Jackson, the commander of the 1st Battalion, 5th Regiment, within the 1st Cavalry Division.
“In some ways, we’ll be closer to the IAs than we were,” said Jackson, who commands from FOB Shield.
One of that battalion’s company executive officers put it another way.
“We’re still in the city,” said 1st Lt. Adam Tyra. “We’re just shuffling around.”
Our combat troops have left the city centers and the local Iraqis are celebrating their return to sovereignty. This is a huge move, in spite of being as yet incomplete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies