Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Yes, I'm sure the 100,000+ men, women and children we killed are eminently grateful.

No, but the families of the 4 million Hussein killed are grateful.

So are you saying we murdered people? Like Jack Murtha said we did and was of course wrong?

Its a war, things happen and BUSH freed a nation from more deaths.

I am very sure we saved millions from being gassed.

Bush is a hero!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
parfleche, there are plenty of people who served who feel the opposite of your nephews, plenty who served who voted for and support obama

Old 06-29-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Don't get too excited. GWB should have never sent our kids to die over there in the first place. We've only left the city limits of Baghdad. Our forces are still in the country. Only by the grace of God will Iraq stay stabilized.
GWB never sent troops to war, congress did. And your liberal congress could have blocked it if they voted against it but they did not.

And now they are in control for 2 1/2 years and have done nothing to reverse their bad decision to make up for not reading the information and voting anyway.

You have no clue how things even work but still post something.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:53 PM

785 posts, read 1,049,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Sorry for you that you don't remember his saying that he has to deal with the economy first since it continued to bomb after he became president. He's making progress as much as is humanly possible. Like to see what you'd do.
The war in Iraq costs over $10 billion a month. He promised to end the war in 16 months leaving behind a small residual force; that changed to 19 months with at least a 35,000 person residual force. That is going to cost us at least another $30 billion; $30 billion that could be spent keeping people in their homes, creating green jobs, and preventing layoffs. What would I do you ask? I'd withdrawl all the troops in 6 months with no residual forces, just as congresswoman Woolsley's H.R. 508 would have done.This was the same bill that Dennis Kuchinich and Bill Richardson were supporting during the primary. While Obama is doing much, much better than Bush, I have to disagree that he's making progress as much as is humanly possible.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:54 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,720 times
How would you withdraw the troops in six months? What steps would you take?

Old 06-29-2009, 08:55 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

No, but the families of the 4 million Hussein killed are grateful.

So are you saying we murdered people? Like Jack Murtha said we did and was of course wrong?

Its a war, things happen and BUSH freed a nation from more deaths.

I am very sure we saved millions from being gassed.

Bush is a hero!
Sweetheart, we don't have any right to invade a nation to topple a dictator we don't like. NONE. The only reason this war of aggression was authorized was because Bush lied to everyone and gave a false reason for his desire to invade and take out Hussein.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

You have no clue how things even work but still post something.
Bwaaaaahahahahahahaha!!!

::wipes tears::

Old 06-29-2009, 08:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Bush lied to everyone and gave a false reason for his desire to invade and take out Hussein.
But it was Congress that gave the go ahead.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:01 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

But it was Congress that gave the go ahead.
Don't presume that I don't hold them in equal contempt. It was the primary reason I campaigned and voted against Hillary Clinton. Every single one of them that didn't bother to read the full NIE report before casting one of the most important votes of their careers ought to be held accountable for gross dereliction of duty.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Sweetheart, we don't have any right to invade a nation to topple a dictator we don't like. NONE. The only reason this war of aggression was authorized was because Bush lied to everyone and gave a false reason for his desire to invade and take out Hussein. Bwaaaaahahahahahahaha!!!

::wipes tears::
Nope, congress voted to send them to Iraq and Biden and Kerry both have said they did not even read the bill.

Bush never lied, it has never been proven he did and your current congressional leaders are the cause of all this mess for voting for a war without reading the entire information packet they were given.

Kinda like Nancy Pelosi knew about water boarding 6 years ago and forgot to tell you about it!!

Sorry, I disagree, we do have the right to invade anyone who may be a threat to our country.

You are not really falling for that CNN lie that Bush lied are you?

Even if he did lie, your CONGRESS voted on a bill to send our men and woman to war without reading the damn thing. Sad.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:03 PM

785 posts, read 1,049,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
The pullout has started, fives months into his presidency. I think you have at least 11 months before you start accusing him of not keeping that particular promise. Also, do you have any idea how long it takes to move all of that manpower and equipment? When my son was in Iraq, it took them almost two months just to clean everything before they could ship it all back stateside. And his wasn't a large unit.
Make no mistake, I do not in any way think that the President is 'Jesus' but he is a vast improvement over what preceded him - I am very unhappy about his lack of forward movement on several issues, but, this is not one of them.
True he has 11 months before the 16 months is over, so he hasn't broken his promise; however, he said that he will break it. He said that he would withdraw the troops in 19 months as well as leaving behind a 35,000-50,000 person residual force. To be fair to Obama, he said on the campaign trail that he would leave a residual force behind, which I was against. But I had no idea that he was talking about leaving behind 35,000-50,000 troops; that's roughly 1/3rd of the troops that were in Iraq when Obama took office. YOu're right, I don't know how long it takes; what I do know is that there were many proposals during the last 2 years of the Bush Administration, many of which were supported by Senator Obama, that would have required the war to end in less than a year, which makes me believe that it can be done. Obama is a vast improvment over Bush and I do have a generally favorable opinion of him, of which I don't have for either Democrats or Republicans in Congress. I'm glad you don't think Obama is Jesus and I hope that you do something to hold his feet to the fire on the issues that he's not moving quickly enough on. Becuase you know that he has a bunch of right-wing lobbyists encouraging him to break pretty much every promise that he made to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies